New MP3 player

BirBusa

Registered
I was looking at getting a new MP3 player and I am trying to decide between a new Zune or an Ipod Touch. The Ipod seems a little big and I don't like using Itunes, but it has a lot of cool features. The Zune is easier to carry and is cheaper. Any sugestions?

I'll tell you what i got, i have a portable xm radio that i love. You can download your own music like a mp3 player, record songs off of the xm or just listen to xm. I love it, xm picks up pretty good, but on back roads, i just listen to the songs that i recorded.

I use an iPod but it is by no means perfect. It has ever CD I own and then some on there! :D

Whatever player you get, make sure it has enough capacity for you AND get one with flash memory, not a hard drive.

--Wag--

Microsoft is the devil. Apple is the light of heaven! Go with an iPod. Don't get a touch if you're going to use it riding, though. Too much interaction required. I'd get an iPod Classic 120GB. Big dedicated buttons are easy to push without looking. I use an iPhone and it's just too much looking away from the road..

If you get an iTouch, might as well get and iPhone, they are cheaper and have more functions and then some!

iPhones don't have enough memory capacity, in my opinion. Not to mention all of their stupid security flaws.

--Wag--

Not an MP3 player.... THAT and way more.

When I went shopping I ended up with a multi function tool: ASUS MyPal A626 - pocket computer. I have yet to load up MP3 "Player" software, but it is $238 at Amazon, add a 16 GB mem card and you would be covered. PLUS you can use WIFI to get email, surf the net, play internet radio stations, playback movies, play games, view pics, make Skype phone calls, chat, pretty much whatever a computer can do... fits in shirt or pants pocket. There are many MP3 player softwares available for free. I am computer literate and found it easy to install programs.
$238 Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Asus A626 3.5-inch PDA Windows Mobile 5.0, Wi-fi (802.11 B+g), Bluetooth 2.0 (edr),
ASUSa6265.jpg

No knock on your unit PF.

I am on my 2nd mp3 player. I had a Creative Zen (4g) was cool. then the screen went blank. I hit the reset and the screen came back. It happened once or twice more and I thought no big deal. About a month ago I grabbed the CZ to go on a ride and have some tunes and the damned screen went blank. Reset, reset, reset, nothing. I took it back and was told that the store offered a 14 day return policy. I would have to return it to the manufacturer. I asked about another mp3 player and the kind young lady says get a Sandisk/Sansa. I ask why and she says the the CZ have a history of the screens going out, but they rarely get returns on Sandisk/Sansa units. It has been 2 months without a hitch. I got a little 4g unit and really like it.

SanDisk United States Online Store - SanDisk Sansa® Fuze? MP3 Player 4GB - Black

I will send the CZ (no repairs switchout for a new one) I will get rid of it.

Good luck.

I currently have an ILO 2gig which cuts off and locks up constantly. I have had it for about 2 years and it started having problems about a month ago.

Microsoft is the devil. Apple is the light of heaven! Go with an iPod. Don't get a touch if you're going to use it riding, though. Too much interaction required. I'd get an iPod Classic 120GB. Big dedicated buttons are easy to push without looking. I use an iPhone and it's just too much looking away from the road..

I guess I'm going to hell for loving my Zune 80. At least I won't have to listen to the iSheeple bleating when I die.

I have a sansa e280 and love it. Cheaper than most anything out there, works perfectly, has a microSD slot for expansion and the thing is functional if I wanted to take it on the bike (controls are glove friendly). You can get them refurb (like mine) for $60ish. Photos, videos, fm tuner, voice recorder, mp3 ... pretty functional.

I'm probably going to wind up getting a dedicated ipod nano or classic for the bike in the spring, as the oakley glasses I'm thinking of buying integrates directly into the ipod :cool:

The whole iTunes thing is what has kept me from moving to an ipod. Dont want to convert my stuff over. If my treo syncs up and works with these oakleys I'm sticking with my sansa. And I just got 2 more for xmas presents :beerchug:

What will be the use for you mp3 will it be motorcycle riding? jogging or to carry your music library when you go on long rides an you going to be away from home. I took the I pod classic cause of the large capacity, I have my entire library an quite a few movies also.

Back