iPhone update gives you 4G

LALALALALALALA

I have my fingers in my ears and I can't hear what you are typing. :moon:

LALALALALALALA

I'm 4 years old and I win!!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

cheers ken

Are you the one who told my son to say that? Cuz now all he does is 'blah blah blah' and his hands over his ears? I guess I'm gonna have to train the Knuck outta him :crowbar:

No one can touch this 4g LTE. 26Mbits down. I can barely get my finger off.the search bar and everything is loaded. On pic heavy pages too

I just like how it puts the camera on the lock screen..

I wish it would put a phone option on the lock screen..

just saying, the AT&T hspa+ (3g) is almost the same as their HSDPA (marketed as 4G, but not 4G). you're running on the same stuff as you were before blanca. AT&T f'd it's customers again.

Just saw this on AppleInsider. Guess the iPhone 4S is capable of running something close to 4G LTE:

"Apple released iOS 5.1 on Wednesday, and one of the features listed for the update is an "updated AT&T network indicator." But Apple's release notes gave no further indication as to what that means.

"However, after upgrading to iOS 5.1, AT&T users connected to the carrier's HSPA+ network on an iPhone 4S will see a "4G" icon in the upper left hand corner.

"Rumors first arose last October that AT&T wanted Apple to add a "4G" indicator to the iPhone 4S status bar. That's because the iPhone 4S is capable of 4G-like speeds, even though HSDPA is not a "true" fourth-generation network."

just saying, the AT&T hspa+ (3g) is almost the same as their HSDPA (marketed as 4G, but not 4G). you're running on the same stuff as you were before blanca. AT&T f'd it's customers again.

Ogre I don't know enough to know but what I do know is it's a lot faster.
That's all? 3G 4g or whatever it's faster. Pages load quicker. YouTube plays quicker.

The 3g+ is faster but it is no comparison to real 4g LTE which is faster than most peoples home internet by 2x's. I don't see any reason to go faster than this. At least not yet

Also ATT is going to slow down your unlimited. Its no longer unlimited 3g is 4gb a month while 4g is 8gb a month.

by the way....just downloading this update does nothing to your phones capability of running 4g. That is a hardware issue not software. Sorry to dissappoint you guys. What they have done with this updte is just change some priorities a little and updated the kernel programming. This just helps it better utilize the existing 3g. By the way watch your bills. Your going to notice a little change here soon....lololol

Lastly, if you are jailbroken do not download this update.

Blanca Busa said:
Ogre I don't know enough to know but what I do know is it's a lot faster.
That's all? 3G 4g or whatever it's faster. Pages load quicker. YouTube plays quicker.

Sorry, but it is not any faster than it was last week. The software update only changed the indicator when running at that speed. The phone was already capable at running at that speed prior to the 5.1 upgrade.

I have a 4G LTE mifi unit I sometimes connect my iPhone 4s to. It hits 18-22 mps when connected to it. That is about 4 times the speed you are going to be able to get with HPSA+. Since the iPad 3 came out with a 4G LTE chip, the next generation iPhone should be equipped with one this fall. I guess I will be upgrading out of cycle.

by the way....just downloading this update does nothing to your phones capability of running 4g. That is a hardware issue not software. Sorry to dissappoint you guys. What they have done with this updte is just change some priorities a little and updated the kernel programming. This just helps it better utilize the existing 3g. By the way watch your bills. Your going to notice a little change here soon....lololol

Lastly, if you are jailbroken do not download this update.

+1, at&t's iPhone will only run hspa+ which is a lite I repeat a lite version of 4g. Verizon and Sprint iPhone is only capable of 3g.

Sorry, but it is not any faster than it was last week. The software update only changed the indicator when running at that speed. The phone was already capable at running at that speed prior to the 5.1 upgrade.

I have a 4G LTE mifi unit I sometimes connect my iPhone 4s to. It hits 18-22 mps when connected to it. That is about 4 times the speed you are going to be able to get with HPSA+. Since the iPad 3 came out with a 4G LTE chip, the next generation iPhone should be equipped with one this fall. I guess I will be upgrading out of cycle.

I've read that in some high bandwidth area's that Verizon customers are now starting to see around 7-10mps which is still faster then 3g.

Professor said:

Check out my 5.39mps 3G speed test I got one day on my iPhone 4 which doesn't support HPSA+. Granted this isn't typical which I'm normally around mid 2's on a typical day.

image-3226390652.jpg

Rockin 4G on Verizon with my new Razr complete with the Otterbox Defender. :thumbsup:

The first one is 4g, second 3g, as someone stated earlier 4g will probably be on the next iphone, battery life will be the only problem.

uploadfromtaptalk1331382813189.jpg

stangman327 said:
I've read that in some high bandwidth area's that Verizon customers are now starting to see around 7-10mps which is still faster then 3g.

I bet that is correct. The numbers I and most others like to post about 4G LTE are the high/good ones. At my office I average about 5-6 mps with it. I've seen as low as 3-4 with a LTE connection. About half the areas in the Oklahoma city metro get 15 plus. Most get above 6. My office is in a heavily saturated area. With ATT I could rarely get above .5 mps. Yes 1/2 mps. On some days .1 was common.

It seems the more saturated the area is the lower the bandwidth. We will see what it is like next year when more people change to LTE devices on Verizon.

Back