Pro Street Build

Hey Cold, got a few questions on your fueltech wiring and harness. Did you get the probike harness or the unterminated harness? I just bought an FT550 myself, I went with the MPS harness as a couple different users said they had good luck with them. I've never completely rewired a bike from scratch so I'm sure there's a steep learning curve here. Did you wire up any hand controls? What are you using for relays, fuses and charging system? Any other tips you can share?

Hey Cold, got a few questions on your fueltech wiring and harness. Did you get the probike harness or the unterminated harness? I just bought an FT550 myself, I went with the MPS harness as a couple different users said they had good luck with them. I've never completely rewired a bike from scratch so I'm sure there's a steep learning curve here. Did you wire up any hand controls? What are you using for relays, fuses and charging system? Any other tips you can share?
Hey Doomz.
I got the un terminated harness. Reason being is I could customize it as much as I wanted that way. I had never completely wired a bike either and I absolutely loath wiring, but referencing the OEM wiring diagram and the instruction manual for the FT550, I was able to do it with no issues at all.
I did wire up hand controls. My kill switch is now the on button to power up and shut off the bike. No more key. Starter button still works, but I can also start the bike from the Fuel Tech dash, or my laptop as well! Pass button is my scramble button again. The horn button is my shift button. Signals were left alone. High beam switch is also scramble as there is a splice in the switch I didnt want to dig out. However of note, the OEM hand controls are powered (12v running through them), mine however are now ground triggered to function properly with the fuel Tech (pro harness probably still powers them).
For my relays I'm using a Leash Electronics Pro 6 relay center with 2 negative triggered relays(hence hand cotnrols). For fuses I'm just running 20amp mini fuses on all of them. I have nowhere near the max load of the fuses, but have room to expand if needed. Charging system is still the OEM system, just tied in a bit differently to the battery and 12v supply.
Aside from that, take your time, reference the eom manual for verification, and base everything off of the FT 550 manual. You should be good. Oh another thing, when using butt connectors make sure you use the ones with the shrink wrap built in on them so you dont have to fuss later. Also, dont shrink them until you fire the bike..lol
If you have any questions when getting into it let me know.

Hey Doomz.
I got the un terminated harness. Reason being is I could customize it as much as I wanted that way. I had never completely wired a bike either and I absolutely loath wiring, but referencing the OEM wiring diagram and the instruction manual for the FT550, I was able to do it with no issues at all.
I did wire up hand controls. My kill switch is now the on button to power up and shut off the bike. No more key. Starter button still works, but I can also start the bike from the Fuel Tech dash, or my laptop as well! Pass button is my scramble button again. The horn button is my shift button. Signals were left alone. High beam switch is also scramble as there is a splice in the switch I didnt want to dig out. However of note, the OEM hand controls are powered (12v running through them), mine however are now ground triggered to function properly with the fuel Tech (pro harness probably still powers them).
For my relays I'm using a Leash Electronics Pro 6 relay center with 2 negative triggered relays(hence hand cotnrols). For fuses I'm just running 20amp mini fuses on all of them. I have nowhere near the max load of the fuses, but have room to expand if needed. Charging system is still the OEM system, just tied in a bit differently to the battery and 12v supply.
Aside from that, take your time, reference the eom manual for verification, and base everything off of the FT 550 manual. You should be good. Oh another thing, when using butt connectors make sure you use the ones with the shrink wrap built in on them so you dont have to fuss later. Also, dont shrink them until you fire the bike..lol
If you have any questions when getting into it let me know.
Man I love this place. It's the best.

C'EST fini!
Well, sort of. You'll probably notice the tank is still black. The flake I used for the other bits is pretty hard to find, but should be here soon.
Looking forward to putting this on the track. Hopefully everything works well..

20200804_122715.jpg

20200804_122723.jpg

20200804_122735.jpg

20200804_122835.jpg

C'EST fini!
Well, sort of. You'll probably notice the tank is still black. The flake I used for the other bits is pretty hard to find, but should be here soon.
Looking forward to putting this on the track. Hopefully everything works well..

View attachment 1624372

View attachment 1624373

View attachment 1624374

View attachment 1624375
Awesome build!!!!!!!! Freaking sweet man! Have you had a chance to take her out down the track?? Or make it to a dump?? I’ve been reading and noticed your engine specs weren’t ever really said. Is it a secret? I was wondering because I’m at a point where I might try this. Is it stock bore or are you running stroker crank ? Any info is appreciated thanks. Again awesome build goodluck on it!

Awesome build!!!!!!!! Freaking sweet man! Have you had a chance to take her out down the track?? Or make it to a dump?? I’ve been reading and noticed your engine specs weren’t ever really said. Is it a secret? I was wondering because I’m at a point where I might try this. Is it stock bore or are you running stroker crank ? Any info is appreciated thanks. Again awesome build goodluck on it!
Hey Bankrupt! I'm glad you asked as I thought I followed up on how it turned out. But I obviously didn't!

I did get out to the track. I went twice, the first event was a poop show as the ambient temp was 12oC and the track prep was absolutely non existent. Even street class bikes were spinning on the line and 60 to 100ft out.
The second event however was great. I made 6 passes with some minor adjustments each time. I went from an initial run of 8.0x to a personal best run on multiple spots.
Time slip data:
.05 reaction
1.31 60ft
3.311 330ft
4.93 1/8 mile (personal best)
152.1 MPH 1/8 mile (personal best)
7.57 1/4 mile (personal best)
181.76 MPH 1/4 mile.

This pass was with 20PSI of boost. So it's making decent power!

For my engine specs, here's 'some' of the info... ;-)
Stock bore
Stock crank
Wossner rods
Wossner pistons 9:1 compression
Trans is a manual 1-6 Pro Street Trans with heavy duty output shaft done by R&D Transmissions. No 1-2 or higher auto for me (could be quite costly on the tracks I run at is they are not prepped like down in the states with sticky tracks so we spin quite frequently and have to get out of the throttle)
High oil flow gear
High pressure relief valve.
Heavy duty case and head studs
Heavy duty output shaft stud
Heavy duty valve springs in the head.
APE Stainless steel valves
APE adjustable cam gears
Stock cams.
Not running coolant. Blocked off coolant pump.
Then the MTC Gen 2 clutch.

I can't wait to get down into the states to race on some of the premium tracks to really push the limit on this setup as it'll go a lot faster....hopefully..lol

I have some videos from the last event, but I just haven't uploaded them to YouTube yet, so I will try and get on that in the next week or so.

Any other questions just let me know!

Hey Bankrupt! I'm glad you asked as I thought I followed up on how it turned out. But I obviously didn't!

I did get out to the track. I went twice, the first event was a poop show as the ambient temp was 12oC and the track prep was absolutely non existent. Even street class bikes were spinning on the line and 60 to 100ft out.
The second event however was great. I made 6 passes with some minor adjustments each time. I went from an initial run of 8.0x to a personal best run on multiple spots.
Time slip data:
.05 reaction
1.31 60ft
3.311 330ft
4.93 1/8 mile (personal best)
152.1 MPH 1/8 mile (personal best)
7.57 1/4 mile (personal best)
181.76 MPH 1/4 mile.

This pass was with 20PSI of boost. So it's making decent power!

For my engine specs, here's 'some' of the info... ;-)
Stock bore
Stock crank
Wossner rods
Wossner pistons 9:1 compression
Trans is a manual 1-6 Pro Street Trans with heavy duty output shaft done by R&D Transmissions. No 1-2 or higher auto for me (could be quite costly on the tracks I run at is they are not prepped like down in the states with sticky tracks so we spin quite frequently and have to get out of the throttle)
High oil flow gear
High pressure relief valve.
Heavy duty case and head studs
Heavy duty output shaft stud
Heavy duty valve springs in the head.
APE Stainless steel valves
APE adjustable cam gears
Stock cams.
Not running coolant. Blocked off coolant pump.
Then the MTC Gen 2 clutch.

I can't wait to get down into the states to race on some of the premium tracks to really push the limit on this setup as it'll go a lot faster....hopefully..lol

I have some videos from the last event, but I just haven't uploaded them to YouTube yet, so I will try and get on that in the next week or so.

Any other questions just let me know!
That’s just awesome!!!! Thanks for the info and great job! Would love to see video as others said! That’s insane, lots of power on stock crank. Didn’t realize they were so strong! Gen 1 crank? Thanks for the insight. Awesome build

That’s just awesome!!!! Thanks for the info and great job! Would love to see video as others said! That’s insane, lots of power on stock crank. Didn’t realize they were so strong! Gen 1 crank? Thanks for the insight. Awesome build

It's a Gen 2. Gen 1 cranks are also pretty stout.

Hey everyone. Just thought I'd post an update from over the winter. Honestly, not much done on the bike...lol. All I did was put on the new DME carbon catch can and move my CO2 system back further in the arm.
Now if things would just open up so I could run this thing down the track again....

Screenshot_20210423-171440_Gallery.jpg

Hey guys,
As promised, I got my videos uploaded to YouTube. I had to start a new channel due to personal reasons, but here ya go! I uploaded a bunch that I still had, which is a shame as I did lose a few from my other channel. Let me know if you have any questions.

Heat Cycle On Hayabusa Ultra Pro Street

New Personal Best On Pro Street Hayabusa Turbo 7.57s

FT 550 Dash And Startup
What RPM are you leaving on? And about how much power are you using you would say?

What RPM are you leaving on? And about how much power are you using you would say?
I'm leaving at 6800RPM. Power all depends on how much the track can take. Where I'm at the tracks are not prepped like what you would see at an XDA race, so we can't leave hard or put the full potential down. Bike has never been on a dyno, so don't have those numbers, just track numbers. The 7.5 I did was with 20PSI of boost. So the combination is making decent power.

I'm leaving at 6800RPM. Power all depends on how much the track can take. Where I'm at the tracks are not prepped like what you would see at an XDA race, so we can't leave hard or put the full potential down. Bike has never been on a dyno, so don't have those numbers, just track numbers. The 7.5 I did was with 20PSI of boost. So the combination is making decent power.
Nice. Ya it sure sounds like it's making good power to trap that. How are you liiking the MTC? How is the learning curve with that clutch? Oh also I saw you did the wedge pan. How much oil does the bike hold with that pan? Thanks for the thread and answering everyone's questions!

Nice. Ya it sure sounds like it's making good power to trap that. How are you liiking the MTC? How is the learning curve with that clutch? Oh also I saw you did the wedge pan. How much oil does the bike hold with that pan? Thanks for the thread and answering everyone's questions!
Love the MTC clutch. Works flawlessly when you get it dialed in correctly. The learning curve all depends on how much you are changing things. If you had it tuned for one track that wasn't taking much power, then went to another track where you're able to turn it up, then you'll have to make changes as you go. The theory is pretty consistent, but there are tonnes of different combinations on how to set it up depending on what you'd like to see the engine do and clutch.
I run 5qts of oil in the engine even with that little pan. Due to the hard launches if we run too little of oil (using the sight glass for level control) we lose oil pressure on our launches and most of the way down the track. I never did figure it out how much oil it would take to just get it mid way or three quarters up the sight glass (quite a bit less I'm thinking).

Back