Preview to unveiling per Saiid aka Blanca Busa

2hip

Registered
For the .ORG...I have been gone for almost a month dealing with all of the minutiae involved in this paint project. If you haven't followed my threads about the bike paint project...I am not a painter but met a guy on the .ORG who mentored me through this project...well at least the first go-around set of mistakes..But without him I never would have attempted this project. So, to my dear friend Chuck "Amode" you are a friend for life. We live hours apart and it was very impractical for him to travel up here. But he got me started and advised me many times on what to do and what not to do...most of it was good advice..and some of it was "unforeseen and unintended consequences"...ie..cleaning agents that attacked the glue on frisket paper.

Just a couple of pics to share with you to give you an idea what you can do if you have the time, energy, and doggedness to stick with it through problems.

Paint is Super Jet Black from Dupont with a red pearl added...gives it a purplish undertone in the direct sunlight. Four coats of PPG clear. The red tribal flame and tape job on the top are House of Kolor Candy Apple Red 4 coats and 4 coats of clear...Paint is still curing before I polish it. Won't put sealer on it (final polish protective coat for almost 2 months)...

bike tank refinish 03-18-10 004.jpg

bike tank refinish 03-18-10 007.jpg

bike tank w tribal flame workup 03-22-10 002.jpg

bike paint final tank 04-26-10 003.jpg

bike tank finish 05-04-10 005.jpg

Very nice 2hip .
Can't wait to see the rest of it , but this time I'm not holding my breath !
Missed you round lately .
Just glad all is well with you.

The end reslult was definetly worth all of your time and hardwork. Can't wait to see the bike all put back together.

Back