My new aluminum tank

Drooling over it as I like when someone does something others really haven't.. At 2k for it though, unless I win the lotto, you won't have to worry about me copying that mod just quiet yet.. (maybe in about 7 years.. lol)

But quite frankly, that thing is SICK.. love it.. You have got to hurry and put it on and take pics.:rulez: I'm not a rule natzi, but I think that one is in there some where. haha.. I can't wait to see it.

Did you check with people like this before going to Yosh direct?

Sheet Metal Fabrication, Gas Tanks, Fenders, Oil Tanks, Handlebars, Sheet Metal Parts, Elite Metal Designs LLC

I'm just curious how they would stack up in terms of price. I understand the prestige of having Yosh make a tank for you, I'm sure you take pride in that. But I'm just wondering how much more you paid over someone here in the states? OCC needs to pay for that nice new building. ;)

I'm Canadian so once my money goes "off shore" it's all the same to me. Otherwise I try purchase Canadian made whenever I can.

It was only a couple of grand. I remember before the housing market collapsed it was normal for folks on the .Org to drop ten grand on bling, a turbo and a fat tire with out batting an eye. Now folks suddenly have turned in penny pinching, chiding, financial advising schoolmarms.

:D :D :D

cheers
ken

Last edited:
I wasn't pushing for you to "Buy North American," I was just curious if you could have gotten a better deal here in the states (North America) or if you intended to pay more due to the prestige of having it made by Yosh. Not knocking you for sending your dollars over there. ;)

I wasn't pushing for you to "Buy North American," I was just curious if you could have gotten a better deal here in the states (North America) or if you intended to pay more due to the prestige of having it made by Yosh. Not knocking you for sending your dollars over there. ;)

I misinterpreted your post.

My apologizes.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Yeah, I wanted something from Pops yoshimura.

POPS_Yoshimura.jpg

:thumbsup::laugh:

cheers
ken

Well then, I give this purchase my stamp of approval. Because I'm sure that matters to you. :rofl:

When do we get pics?

ImageShack Links Do Not Work
I give you wife for the tank, she is good wife ,15 hands high, good teeth and takes commands well. She will cook good fish for you.
So.... is it deal?? :please::please:

Last edited:
I give you wife for the tank, she is good wife ,15 hands high, good teeth and takes commands well. She will cook good fish for you.
So.... is it deal?? :please::please:[/QUOTE]

It's a deal, so long as she comes with a warranty that includes free maintenance for the first twenty years.

cheers
ken

I suspect that she doesn't corner well being so top heavy. That's a high side just waiting to happen.

I suspect that she doesn't corner well being so top heavy. That's a high side just waiting to happen.

:rofl: So i definitely read this post in my email inbox and was thinking "well he has another gallon of gas in there so i guess that would make a little more top heavy but shouldnt make a noticeable difference at all...." then i come back to the thread and see the picture above :rofl: boy i missed that :duh:

Wow beautiful Ken,i will spend it on that if i got that spare cash.A great upgrade.Pls let me know when the pics are up:thumbsup:

I'm missin somethin, why the two filler caps?

Built for endurance racing. Air out gas in. No advantage on the street except extra poser point granted from the motorcycling's cognoscenti.

cheers
ken

So Ken, have you considered just polishing the tank and/or highlighting with gloss black on Yosh symbol? Just another beautiful option, kind of displays the beauty of aluminum.
Doyle

cafe%20racer.jpg

ace_cafe_racer_press_31.jpg

Yes Sir raydog I thought I'd highlight the Yosh kanji with the same red as the stripes and use a black Suzuki decal. Nice Harley cafe bike by the way.

I just got the tank back from the polishers. The flash picks up flaws but it's good enough for me. Next stop the painter.

Cheers
ken

polished tank 002.jpg

Back