My new aluminum tank

Wow what a sweet upgrade...nice job!!! cant wait to see it painted...

With it being lighter but holding more fuel how will weight filled compare to old tank ?

What's a gallon of gas weight? 'Bout 6 lbs? So full it will be a around 2 lbs heavier. With a gentle throttle hand I should see 35+ more miles per tank.

cheers
ken

WOW! now I have to get back up off the floor! very nice.... but the price is a killer

Cheap compared to what the chowder heads at OCC would have charged me to make a custom tank out of sheet steel.

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

cheers
ken

Nice tank. But I have to ask.... you lose 4lbs and spent a ton of $$. You gained 7lbs with the extra gallon of fuel.
Is there an advantage here?
It is kinda trick having an aluminum tank, once painted looks like a steel tank.

Nice tank. But I have to ask.... you lose 4lbs and spent a ton of $$. You gained 7lbs with the extra gallon of fuel.
Is there an advantage here?
It is kinda trick having an aluminum tank, once painted looks like a steel tank.

I'm clear coating the polished raw aluminum. The shiny aluminum will be visible a block away. :laugh: I like to think of it as adding an auxiliary fuel tank and a gallon of gas that is weightless.

I freely the parking lot poser points is hugely attractive. Unlike a giant rear wheel, chrome grips, or a bike covered in spikes this mod checks all the boxes, lighter weight, increased functionality and increased bling.

Yeah, it was pricey, but I've had the same bike for nearly seven years now, that I bought used and paid cash for, and throwing a couple of grand at it every few years is, for me, 99% as much fun as buying a new bike and considerably cheaper than financing a new ride every few years.

And it was handmade buy Yoshimura-Japan. The same people who make parts for world superbike and Mat Mladin's AMA superbikes. Who knows what other gems of motorcycle history, the exact same artist who did the hand welds on my tank, has created. Ya just don't get that kind of cache from a fat tire kit.

Besides It already has Ohlins front and rear, rims, Galfer rotors, exhaust, yada yada yadda, what else was I going to spend my money on? :whistle::laugh:

cheers
ken

Last edited:
Nice tank, even nicer busa. I can't wait to see it done. By the look of the mod's you have done allready it will come out perfect.

Another awesome addition to your awesome Busa :) .. yeah, may be pricey, but heck, if that's what you want to spend your money on then more power to ya! And an extra gallon of gas is priceless in the middle of nowhere :)

Is this a performance upgrade or for looks, ken? I have no experience on tank mods.

what else was I going to spend my money on? :whistle::laugh:

cheers
ken

From the looks of the picture in your signature you might invest in some spiked tires or maybe a winter home 1200 miles to the south so that you could ride it 12 months a year.

Back