My new aluminum tank

Yes the factory fuel gauge works with the Yosh tank. I'm not sure if it will remain on full till the extra capacity is used or if the fuel sending unit will include the increased capacity.

Either way I always use the trip meter reset every time I fill up to get a more accurate remaining mileage estimate when the fuel gauge reads near empty.

cheers
ken

I would think that it may not register the 'extra' fuel accurately but once level comes down a bit register accurately to empty ?

Ken you have no idea how excited when i get an email notification from this thread hoping its pics.... :please: one day

Dont get me wrong looks great but a gallon more, 1lbs lighter for that kind of money is insane, bet you coulda found someone with good metal shaping/ tig skills at half the price

Dont get me wrong looks great but a gallon more, 1lbs lighter for that kind of money is insane, bet you coulda found someone with good metal shaping/ tig skills at half the price

But hey if you got the money to spend why not. The yoshi tank just looks sick...

The cool thing about that tank is not many people have it or have it the way you do..it looks nice.

Outstanding!! :thumbsup:

I think leaving it raw was a great choice, whenever someone asks why you cant afford to paint you tank, you know they dont nothin 'bout nothin:thumbsup:

thats awesome, only thing i would do is change the filler neck. :thumbsup: not that it looks bad just the tank looks so good it makes it stick out imho.

How are folks gonna know it's aluminum if I paint it black? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

cheers
ken

you could put a "this is Aluminum tank that I paid allot of money for so thats why it isnt black!" sticker on it.

it would look cool gold also. :thumbsup:

you could put a "this is Aluminum tank that I paid allot of money for so thats why it isnt black!" sticker on it.

it would look cool gold also. :thumbsup:

"this is Aluminum tank that I paid allot of money for so thats why it isnt black!" sticker on it.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That was funny!!!!

:bowdown:

cheers
ken

Ken you've always been honest with me so I'll be with you.
Got too much going on on the bike now with like five colors.
You've got black, gold, red and now a chrome or in the 'white' tank.
It needs paint.

Cheers :beerchug:
Saiid

Ps......I hope my honesty doesn't exclude me from getting more propeller lager :)

It needs paint.

Saiid

Ps......I hope my honesty doesn't exclude me from getting more propeller lager :)

I agree but I still like the tank. As soon as they cut the price about 80% I'm getting one.

It needs paint.

Saiid

/jealous!!!! yeah, that thing is awesome and I want one real bad.

I think the bare look would be more suiting if the bike had the bare alum frame / swingarm, no gold. Not that I think it looks bad as it is though. But, I'd paint it.

Everyone's a critic huh? :laugh:

Seriously though, looks awesome :thumbsup:

I wouldn't paint it! You need to get a polished aluminum tail hump to pull it all together!

Kml,
I'm glad you posted this thread and posted that you spent $2300 on that tank. It makes me feel better about spending $3500 on an exhaust system simply because it is the one that I want.

Don

Back