08 Tank Stripe Decals

Dobieman

Registered
I removed a few decals from my black and orange Busa.
The stripes around the headlight, the stripes on the rear end and one stripe above the Kanji. I like the clean look of the nice paint and finish. I would probably take off the stripes on the tank also and just have the "S" on the tank and the Kanji on the cowl but the tank stickers feel like the have clear coat over them. If you feel the edges you cant feel the edge of the tape like on the rest of the body.
I know this will not be to everyone taste so those that love all the decals just
shutup.gif

Anyone done it?

there's a black one posted up somewhere in some thread on the org with all tape removed except for the tank and the one side fairing stripe that connects to the tank, the kanji has been removed also, look killer.

i have'nt seen one in person to tell ya if the tape on the tank is under the clear.

Hey Dobieman, Try in get some pics of your bike without the decals, I'd like to see it. I'm with U to, I'm not a fan of decals. That's one of the things I like about Kawasaki, Very few decals on most of they're bikes compared to the other big 3 manufactures.

sorry to bring up an old thread, but has anyone been able to get the stickers off the tank?

I removed all my stickers except the one one above the kanji and tank. I would like to remove those 2 as well but like others reported there is clear coat over the tank one
sad.gif
Why would suzuki do something like this!

have a grey/black 08 myself...removed s from tank... suzuki off front of bike and rear of bike... dealer decals..decals off tail...all warning decals...much cleaner look now....also made my own fender mod for license plate....cleaned up the look a lot...

Back