Please Help - Paint ?

mostly because im an impatient bastard. and i was looking to try the less expensive method first to see if it would work. if it does, then members here would know they could achieve good results without spending the 34 dollars for the color, another 15 for the primer and another 17 or so for the clearcoat. if this works, it costs about 7 dollars total compared to 66 dollars from color-rite. of course, if it looks like crap, i will need to buy another stock windscreen, and try again with the more expensive items. but a lot of members here want to get good results for less money. so i am the guineau pig for once instead of using someone elses already tried ideas.

live and learn i guess. so glad i didnt spend all that money on color rite paint! guess what folks... that stock windscreen is not clear. nuts. its tint is much darker than it looks i guess. turned the blue paint i used on the inside to a dark greyish look on the outside. all fugged up now. just gonna hit it with some black now over the blue and see how it turns out... project gone bad. oh well, it was worth a try. hope to take some pics tomorrow. paints looks terrific, just nast colors. im gonna be embarassed to post the pictures.

I promise I wont laugh.... lets see it! Making mistakes is good in life....it is how you learn.
ThumbsUp.gif

I want mine black, would this work for plain black ? If I didn't ride my bike almost everyday I would just trade you mine.(don't think I could go a week without riding) It sucks you have to by a new one !! I feel like this happened to me also, because I was going to try the same thing, and held off to see what you said. Couldn't you just paint the top ?

yeah. so my wife has the camera at her work currently, but im gonna ask her to bring it home tonight so i can show off this mishap. i have already ordered the 35 dollar color rite can to do this again. I have no choice now but to paint the outside of the screen with it. the actual paint on the inside that i did already is the wrong color, but lets me know that it can turn out decent. so i will prime the outside and paint it with the correct color, and then just clear coat the heck out of it i think to make it look ok. then i will respray over the painted inside with that same correct color and clear that too. before i do that though, i will get some pics of the windscreen how it is. kennym, if you are doing it black, it would work perfect. there is a pic in this thread with a black one. i wish i wanted black, but i wanna try having a match. key is dont overdo it too fast. i did light coats, and did about 20 of them. good luck. will post pics asap.

Back