Paint advice Please!!

Firebusa81

Registered
Guys, first of all I love this site. I have gotten lots of great info. I have an '03 black/grey that I laid over a few months back...dang oil slick. Right fairing was trashed and I purchased a used fairing off an '01. So now I'm thinking I'm just gonna paint the whole bike. Any advice on color? I was thinking about keeping it one solid color. Paint guy recommended black with a red pearl clear coat. Please help me with some ideas. Unfortunately price has to be considered. Thanx in advance!

I think it all comes down to personal preferance.......start lookin at some custom paint jobs, and go from there. :beerchug:
Welcome to the board. :thumbsup:

Wow! I have so many ideas that I can't even begin to list 'em all. From mild and classy to wild and sassy, I have busa paint ideas runnin' out my ears. Now I have to choose one to use on my own busa. Personally, I lean more toward the mild and classy end of the spectrum.

Here's a hint before you let someone talk you into doing a pearl or candy coat over (insert base color here) job. If you can, have the painter lay their idea out on a test panel so you can get it out in the sunlight and see what it will actually look like. Some ideas rock in yer head but suck when layed out. I've had ideas that I just KNEW would be killer and they flopped big time on test panels. Most of them involved pearl or candy and what I got wasn't anywhere close to what I had imagined. :mad: I was sure glad they bombed on test panels instead of on the ride I was paintin'!

Bullet train...throw some ideas at me! I'll definitely get them to test it out on my busted panel first. I want something fairly classy. I work for a fire dept. and I don't want to get laughed at by the older bikers I ride with! haha

I WANT TO REPAINT MINE TO PRIMER BLACK. SOLID, CHEAP AND WHAT I LIKE. I DONT LIKE GLOSS OR SHINY GODDY STUFF. YOU CANT GET CHEAPER THAN PRIMER BLACK.

I actually considered some tribal flames...has anyone ever dealt with tapeworks products? They have some decent looking kits...but I don't know if they are worth it.

Back