My 1st attempt @ painting a helmet

ICEMANN

Registered
This is my first attempt at painting anything for someone else. I have airbrushed a few T-shirst etc for myself but never any cars, helmets, bikes etc. DOnt think I would want too. Way way much work involved in helmet painting.

Sanded off all the original paint down to the white meat. Didnt go beneath the shell. Painted two coats of base blue. Put on an inner coat of clear after sanding. Sanded the clear then freehand airbrushed the picture w/bubbles and name on the front. Cleared everything. Rubbed, polished, and waxed it. Heres the pics. Looking for all feed back good and bad.

ICE

front.jpg

I think it's great! Don't know about SpongeBob there, but the paint looks good...I wouldn't even attempt something like that, so +1 for even trying it!

smile.gif

Looks like a lot of work for a small space...
tounge.gif

Sweet, man! I'd spend the next 20 years trying to stencil some lettering and 20 more tracing the pic. No way could I do anything like that!

That's great. Even more so since it was your first. Could you paint this on the back of my helmet?

post_12_01948_vabarbie.jpg

I think it looks great....for the first attempt its fan-freakin-tastic
smile.gif

the rear.  I notice the lighting and camera kill the look more than in person.

JD
Yeah, I was gonna say, the pics don't appear to do your work justice. Looks pretty sweet to me, man. Like me, you won't be takin' bidness away from Steve Nunez and the likes, but it looks pretty tight from what I can tell. As was mentioned, it looks EXCELLENT for a first time effort. What kind of base and clear did you use?
rock.gif

Back