Prayers Needed

Prayers sent your way!! Kinda limited at what we can do from this far away but if there is anything please let me know. Any chance you can send pics and details of your truck? I'm sure a few of us here can cover posting it for sale everywhere within 100 miles of you.

My daughter was delivered via C-Section 6:22pm Cec 18, at 30 weeks and 1 day, 2 1/2 months premature. 3lb 1.4 oz and 16 inches long. Shes is in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Sacred Heart Pensacola. She came out screaming with a good set of lungs, but she still has a battle ahead of her. Thanks for the prayers of protection for my wife. She is sore but healing, and we are very thankful and happy.

I will post pictures of her soon.

:cheerleader::cheerleader:CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :cheerleader::cheerleader:

Welcome to the world little girl!!!!!!

Sending more prayers for your new baby, your wife and yourself! Does she have a name yet?

My daughter was delivered via C-Section 6:22pm Cec 18, at 30 weeks and 1 day, 2 1/2 months premature. 3lb 1.4 oz and 16 inches long. Shes is in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Sacred Heart Pensacola. She came out screaming with a good set of lungs, but she still has a battle ahead of her. Thanks for the prayers of protection for my wife. She is sore but healing, and we are very thankful and happy.

I will post pictures of her soon.

Good to hear all went as well as it could have. My first child was delivered at 30 weeks. 3lbs 3 oz and 15 3/4 inches long. He only stayed in the hospital for 6 weeks so hopefully you daughter will do the same and come home soon. My son is 24 now and you would never have known he was so small at birth.

Keep us updated and defiantly want to see pics of the baby.

Congratulations to you and your wife.

Congratulations. Continued prayers and well wishes. Check in any time you need moral support. Oh...don't forget pics!

Congratulations! I'm sure she's in very capable hands and is going to be just fine. I trust Mom is doing well too...

Post pics when you can :thumbsup:

If her lungs are good, she is good. She is certainly big enough my daughter was smaller at 6 weeks early.

CONGRATULATION DAD! NOTHING in this world like having a little girl!!!:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Sorry for the delay on the update.

Where to start.....

Wife: 2 1/2 days after the emergency Csection. Still hasnt seen a doctor. Dont know what the doctor looks like or even their name, that did the surgery (never met or spoke before), and it took me raising hell to get someone to come see her.

They tried from the 18th to the 25th to get her blood pressure under control. every 12 hours a different "doctor" in clinicals, whom we never seen before, stopped by the room and disagreed with the medicine the last doctor treated her with. Changed it. They never got a handle on the blood pressure, but dismissed her christmas night on 800mg of tramedol every 8 hrs. THE MAXIMUM dose. Called and called every day to get her an app to have her monitored. Earliest they could get her in was JAN 15!

Today we were at target and she nearly passed out. Blood pressure was 80/43. Took her to ER. 90 people with the flu, measles, chickenpox, and blood on the floor. So we left. Went to the doctors office, he freaked and took her off all medicine.

Baby: Where to start?
Day 2 started a gavage feeding tube in her stomach, Put a IV line through her arm all the way to her heart, fed her 3cc of formula 12 hours later 6cc of formula colostrum mix, 12 hours later 9 cc of Breastmilk fortified with vitamins.

The baby was so doped up on the magnesium sulfate drip. My wife was on for 7 days to prevent seizures resulting from 215/115 bloop pressures. My daughters intestines was still "asleep" 5 liters of air pumped through the tube in her nose inflated her stomach. The mix of different foods brought on too fast caused severe indigestion. She swelled up like an ethiopian!

They stopped feeding for 3 days. All the air pumped in her stomach killed off the good bacteria and this bacteria took over. A test came back positive for KLEBSIELLA PNEUMONIAE! It was causing Necrotizing Enterocolitis, rotting her intestines. All the air pumped in her stomach killed off the good bacteria and this bacteria took over. The fear is her needing surgery to cut out the dead intestines.

The next day the bacteria wound up in her blood causing Sepsis. They put her on 3 antibiotics through the IV for 14 days with no food. Totalling 17 days without milk or formula, to let her stomach rest.

The stress on her system caused Patent Ductus Arteriosis. A Artery in her heart opened up and is starving her vital organs of Oxygen. They will have to do heart surgery in the next few weeks to close it.

As a result of the oxygen deprivation her brain ultrasound came back questionable. They found a spot of increased density on the lower section of her brain thought to be a lesion caused from the PDA. Doctor said not to worry about it. Yeah right!

They had to remove the Picc line (IV into her heart) and put in a tube through her nose to suck her stomach and intestines dry. The next day....., we found her quarantined and the nurses in full suits. They tested her positive for MRSA. Which is a Staph infection on crack!

It seems like everything that is happening to my family is a result of improper care!

OMG...I can't believe all this is happening to your wife and baby. I'm so sorry. This does sound like improper care. Keep notes of everything they do. When, Where, why, what medications, who administered it and of all the doctors that have even looked at her just in case you ever need that information.

I'll keep your baby girl, you and your wife in my prayers.

Stay strong!

OMG I am so sorry for everything that your family is going through. I will keep you guy's in my prayers!

Back