Prayers and Well wishes please

jefferycarman

Lost and confused
Donating Member
Registered
Today was a rough day.

A little history on the subject - My mom has been taking care of my "little sister" Brittany on the weekends since she was 3 months old. Brittany is now 13. Her mother is not in the picture due to drugs. Her grandparents are alcoholics and abusive. Her father had finally gotten his life together and decided that if anything happened to him Brittany should go to my mom. It would be the best possible life for her.

Her father passed away this morning in his sleep. His lifestyle ravaged his body. As of right now heart failure seems to be the cause.

The hardest part is watching her deal with the loss of her father.

I am dreading the next week. Most of Brittany's family does not know that her dad arranged for her to be in 100% custody of my mom. They will find out this week. Her uncle is the only one who knows, and is in full agreement with his decision. The grandparents will fight it.

The hope is to shield her from anything that arises from the ensuing legal issues.

Good thoughts and prayers for her would be greatly appreciated. I cannot think of a more trying event for a young person to go through then what she is facing now.

So once again I find myself leaning on my brethren here. Thank you again for helping me to support my family through yet another struggle. It means the world to me, and still I find it nothing short of amazing.

:please: sent for your little sister in her time of need, just make sure she has a shoulder to lean on!

:please: sent for your little sister in her time of need, just make sure she has a shoulder to lean on!
She has several people looking for her. Besides my mom, me and busawife, there is also our close family friends who have taken her in for the moment and also offered to go with me when we have to get her things. My mom, in her current situation, has been staying with them for several months. They have opened up thier home to Brittany as well. :thumbsup:

She has several people looking for her. Besides my mom, me and busawife, there is also our close family friends who have taken her in for the moment and also offered to go with me when we have to get her things. My mom, in her current situation, has been staying with them for several months. They have opened up thier home to Brittany as well. :thumbsup:

:bowdown:

Prayers sent.

In spite of all of this, I see that she is fortunate. She has several caring people in her life, and she will have the knowledge that her father was concerned for her care. That means more than you can imagine for those who have never had it.There are many young girls in intact families, not even ravaged by substance abuse, who do not have the soothing love of people who care.
Life is hard. Life is even harder for most people in other countries.
At least she, and we, are all in the U.S., even as hard as things are here.
I hope this coming year brings relief and joy to your whole family.

Lisa

Good luck, prayers sent as requested. Your mom needs to get into family court quickly and get DSS involved. Shes needs to get a safety plan written that allows her to take care of the child for the next 90 days or so until family court makes some decisions on her future.

Sorry to hear this, but at least she has a good group of people in her life. Prayers sent.

Jeffery and Sarah...what you need; when you need it, you know what to do.

:love:

Good luck bro, I hope everything works out ok for her, but with you looking out for her I think she will be fine...keep us posted.

Prayers going out to all of you and especially Brittany. I can't imagin have to deal with what she is faced with right now. She is very lucky to have so many people who care about her and there to help.

prayers to her, your mom, and your whole family. Best wishes for a qucik resolution to this matter with minimal impact on any of you. Glad to hear that there are still good people in this world.

Back