Prayers and good thoughts please

jefferycarman

Lost and confused
Donating Member
Registered
Another chapter in the cycle of drama.

My mom took a fall tonight and broke her ankle pretty bad. They were putting her under tonight to give it a tug and attempt to straighten it out. Then hoping to get her in for surgery in the morning.

So good thoughts and prayers would be much appreciated.

Sorry to hear bout your Mom..... Of course she is in our prayers.... We wish her luck on her up-comming surgery and a speedy recovery.........:bowdown:

Like chris rock says, rub some tussin on it.

Sorry to hear that. I broke my tibia fibia and growth plate just above my ankle. Was in a cast for 3 months. Good as new now though. Now you can repay her for some of your sick days growing up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, Mom came out of surgery. The doctor said she broke it in the worst way. All three major bones going to the ankle (I am not a doctor and I am tired, so my information may be off a bit) broke. There is two bones on the front side held together by a legiment, and the legiment tore. Then the joint itself dislocated. The full monty as it were.

After a two hour surgery, some screws, a little plate and even some duct tape I think she is all back together. For now she has 14 days of bed rest with the foot elevated. After that it's 7-8 weeks in a cast and on crutches. Then it will be re-evaluated. At some point in a few weeks they will look at taking some hardware out. But that is also dependent on the healing and the pain levels.

For now they are keeping her in the hospital until they get the pain meds correct. Once they get the pain taken care of they will start talking about releasing her.

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes. As bad as it broke, the surgery went really well. So it was heard. :beerchug:

Back