Prayers Please

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your mother Brian. I will light a candle for her tonight.

Well, I just thought I would give you guys an update. Everything was going pretty good until last night. She had started actually improving and the doctors were very happy with her condition. Well, last night, she started having breathing troubles. They said it was from all of the fluids that they had been giving her. They now have her on a Bi-Pap machine to make her lungs fully expand. They also have her on a dieuretic (sp?) to help her evacuate the fluid more rapidly. Her oxygen level has improved and she is alert, but she is scared to death, and to be quite honest, I am scared right along with her.
Atleast it is my weekend to work, and I work at the hospital, so I am close by, and get to stop in and check on her every so often.

And once again, I would like to thank all of you for the thoughts and prayers! It means SO much to have all of the support this board has given!

BRIAN, MY PRAYERS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. I WENT THRU THIS WITH MY FATHER AND I CAN TELL YOU FOR A FACT THAT THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER, GIVE YOUR MOM MY BEST AND SHOWER HER WITH ALL OF THE LOVE YOU HAVE . GOD BLESS

Well, here it is, Mother's Day, and I am havint to visit my mom in the ICU here at work. As most of you know, her condition had been getting worse. Well, last night they put her on a ventilator. She just stopped breathing. They are saying that she can go either way at this point. But, all of her bloodwork and stuff is very good today, which is awesome, and they have atleast temporarily got the internal bleeding stopped, which is helping her numbers climb.
This woman is amazing. Even with the vent in, she is still trying to talk, and she figured out she can't actually speak, so she tries to spell stuff with her finger in your palm. That is so cool!
The doctors say that if she does recover, it will take WEEKS! Not days, but weeks. I don't care how long it takes! I just want my mom to get better!!
I will have to say that I am going crazy. I don't know which way is up or down. It is almost like I am living in a dream. It really stinks, but I am trying to remain as optimistic as I possibly can.

Thanks for all of the prayers and thoughts, and please, keep them coming!!

Brian

A bit of good news on Mother's Day! Keepin' her in my thoughts.

Sorry to hear of your mom's condition. She, your family and you will be in my prayers.
Tell her the org wishes her a Happy Mother's Day... and hopes her recovery is busa fast.

Please keep the prayers coming! She is atleast trying to hang in there.
I just don't know how much more I can take.

Brian

Back