Daughter decided to run away

after raising 3 I know how a child can break your heart...sorry to here
sad.gif

Take this from someone who has been through this, When it does not work out with her Mom, Let her come back home, She,ll tell you she,s (Sorry). Remember she is you (Child).

(big coop @ Sep. 20 2007,16:57) Take this from someone who has been through this, When it does not work out with her Mom, Let her come back home, She,ll  tell you she,s  (Sorry).  Remember she is you (Child).
+1, give her time and she will realized the grass is not greener in Colorado.

I hope things work out for you and Brittany. Your story hit me hard, my 14 yr old is also Brittany. I can imagine the pain you are in.

I do not think selling everything while you are hurt and pissed is the best idea, you will calm down later, let your guard down, and you and Brittany will be hurt by your decision if she comes back.

You need to think of your baby first.

Sometimes kids think they know whats best and they overreact . I hope things work out with the two of you and I will pray for you both.

and I thought I was having a Bad Day...................( Read My Last Post )

My Prayers to you and Family.

My 26 year old Step Daughter still thinks its COOL to Date the Biggest, Scariest, Wanna be Gang-Banger with the most Tatoos and Gold Teeth that she can Find. Most have multiple kids and Live of the Welfare System. She thinks they are CUTE !!!!!
SHOCKED.gif

I hope everything works out for you. I think the punishment you have chosen is fair. Follow through. If you dont she will go on exibiting the same behavior(either with you or bfs/husband). she needs to know there are consequences when you trash a loved ones feelings and trust. you have obviously thought this through and I Hope you two can reunite as a family soon. raising a child is difficult enough without someone trying to sabotage you at every turn.

(captainraymond @ Sep. 20 2007,21:32) I hope everything works out for you.  I think the punishment you have chosen is fair. Follow through. If you dont she will go on exibiting the same behavior(either with you or bfs/husband). she needs to know there are consequences when you trash a loved ones feelings and trust. you have obviously thought this through and I Hope you two can reunite as a family soon. raising a child is difficult enough without someone trying to sabotage you at every turn.
Good Point Raymond !!!!!!!!!!!!!! +1

PS: " How are the Ribs "

I feel for ya bro. It wasn't my daughter, as I don't have kids, but a good friends daughter this happened to. I'm a family friend, I call this girl my little sis. Well, she went to Cali for the summer to visit her dad, one day, Lori 9her mother) talks to her and everything's perfectly fine, and sis is looking forward to coming back... Next day (literally) she calls and says she's staying out there in Cali and for Lori to send her stuff from VA. Lori is still taking this hard, and it's saddening to watch. Renae (sis) is 17, and as far as we can tell, it's the same basic reasons... He saw a way to hurt Lori, and Renae ex-boyfriend was here in VA... Perfect way to get away from him, eh? Basicly, Lori did the same thing you did, said for her to come home and box her stuff up, whatever's left is getting sold. That was at the beginning of the Cali school year, so not long ago at all.We're all dissapointed, as she gave no warning, and even though she is coming back here on Oct 3 to visit, she doesn't even plan on staying at her mom's house while here... She only thinks of herself anymore.

Anyway, sorry to rant on that, but letting you know, you aren't alone. While this wasn't biological family of mine it happened to, they are real close and like family to me. I'm sorry to hear of this situation bro, I will pray for you when I say my prayers for Lori tonight and in the future.

I'm aching for you, man. I hope you get through all of this okay.

I think your consequences are suitable (selling the car, stereo, etc. etc.). I hope you'll make 'em stick.

--Wag--

I am so sorry to hear about this ordeal. On the other hand, I, as a youth played my parents. I would get mad at my dad and move to my moms place. Get pissed at mom, and move to dads place. They lived 100+ miles apart. One time I called dad and told him that I wanted to live with him again. He drove the two hours and picked me up. Once at home he told me this bullshit was going to stop. Make up my mind where I wanted to live. I stayed with my dad. He is dead now, I sure as hell miss him.

Ex wifes can be dirty ******* ***** and will use kids as a way to get back at you. I'm sure you have custody for a good reason. My drunking drug addicted ex-scumbag did this with my kids also. Finally the judge had it with her **** and pulled the plug on her visits with Kids.  Good luck to you bro and I hope your daughter sees the light real soon.

Edited for languge

Thanks everyone for the thoughts.

Fortunately for me this past weekend was a race weekend so I was able to get away and try to have some fun.

The good news so far is that I found someone that wants to trade their Porsche 944 for a Miata. Mine is the perfect candidate. We're going to get together this week and see what we can put together as far as a deal goes.

Brittany's items are boxed up and headed to the basement. I won't get rid of all reminders, just won't have them laying out in the open like a shrine.

She hasn't called yet other than to say she had landed in CO. We'll see what the future holds.

Back