Power commander maps

hahaha ....this thread did not survive the server migration.

That last post by "me" is not one that I made .... I know, because I have no first hand knowledge of either gentlemen's policies.

That was scary at first.

(BusaCruise @ Aug. 31 2006,04:15)
(--GSXTacy @ Aug. 31 2006,01:01) I'm thinking we better ask the likes of Johnny Cheese and Quasar before "giving" away there livelihood. I like the idea, but there has to be some limits.
well,  here we go with that question again...

first of all... JC and Q are not the only two sources of maps...nor are they the be all /end all of mapping.
I respect them both for their abilities...but JC will never go hungry because of this when everyone with any sense, knows a custom tune and engine work are the only ways to make the most of a Power Commander (and he does that very well).....and for quasar....at 75.00/map ....it's just fun money at best, although I can't say for sure what his occupation is.

I kind of  see it like this...if you paid for that map....which they supplied...then you own it.  
If I buy a book...and read it...then choose to give it to a freind, is that not my choice?  Or should I destroy the book and never share the story?  or a music Cd....
Another way...no 2 busas are the same!  Most all of us are spread out all over the country... no too few maps are going to apply to all of us....I'' promiss you that living in FL...I wouldn't load a map wriiten for someone in Colorado at 8K feet.
Should we all email dynojet and object to the maps provided on their site as well?

I thought we all came here to share tips, experiences and know how.  
By this logic...everyone that reads a "how to" thread needs to submit royalties to the writer of the thread.
I am going to be doing some tuning in the near future that I will be paying for locally...and you can bet my maps will be posted....why?  because my map son't be 'specific' for anyone else...but it will be  a good comparison to go by and help someone else develope their performance.

never on any other sites have I seen such a reluctance to share info as with Busa owners and their 'maps'.
That statement is NOT meant for all, as there are several that do help others with maps....and I am hoping they think along similar lines as I do.

for example...the R1 FORUMS...

I am sure the other bikes' forums have theirs too.

So as for 'giving away' anyone's 'livelihood'....  
rock.gif
Dont get me wrong, im not against what you are doing, I just wasnt sure what the tuners would have thought; I have never asked them. I just thought it might be a thing to consider before doing the share thing. Hell I would love to have an economy map for the long highway rides, god knows this Cheese map isnt good for mileage! (and thats why I like it!) lol

so what about the tuners who give you a map for no charge as long as you dont share it.

i think thats one of bde's policies. he'll supply you with as many free base maps for whatever mods you might have as long as you are a streetsmart owner and agree not to share them. if he finds you are sharing maps or giving people your pass code to long onto certain topics on his forum then he'll ban you and im guessing you'll be kicked out of the inner circle of trust as well
biggrin.gif

I get everything what you guys are saying and I agree with you only with stipulated and private rights to company owned maps as Brock and Hindle and yes Quasar and Johnny Cheese also if that is there rules but maps that you have bought on your own like me at a tuner it’s my right to give it to anyone I want, So again I understand what your talking about and I still believe that this there are plenty of paid un-stipulation maps out there that could be used and if some one has bought a map that has a agreement to where there not allowed to give these maps out then they should ask permission from the tuner or abide by there contract with that tuner ,That’s cut dry . Let me ask you guys a question!
Alright I have a map I paid $300 for it’s not quite right be back to the tuner and it seems that he’s not getting where I want it to be, so I’m on a board and I see this guy re-writes maps for people Hummmm… ok still with me.. He wants you to send him your $300 map to him and he adjusts the areas that you wanted and does a great job at it to. Tell me..What the heck is the difference! I just sent him my $300 map to him and he makes a copy of it he now has a map he can use and alter for some one else.?
rock.gif
??? RIGHT….Do I have you thinking now .

Back