All sync’d up

TXBusa05LE

Registered
Well, I did it. Here’s a before pic. They weren’t as bad as I expected. I was able to tune them to level out for the most part. I’ll play with them another day. Took less than 30 minutes total. I can say that you can’t even hear the motor running now…nice and smooth!

Question though…assuming I did dork something up, it wouldn’t run right at all would it? I took a spin down the road and all seemed fine.

Thanks for all the walkthroughs again you crazy .Org’sters…:moon:

DSC00036.JPG

Good deal. Yes, if you'd got something wrong it would have shown up as an idle issue. If it's doing the "can't feel it running" idle, you got it right.:thumbsup:

I have one of those. I got it when I had to rebuild my first bike. (1970 CB750.) But I keep loosing the mercury.

or if you didnt hook something up again you'd know. looks like you did pretty good:thumbsup:

I use the MP Mercury Stix, but hey, looks almost the same. Roll the throttle slowly up. No effort, no roughness ?, they're perfect. I usually work on them until they're almost "exactly" the same....Jinkster likes a little delta added on (trade off between idle settings and light throttle), I trust the dynamic vacuum as the rpm's increase to do the work. I like having a baby's-butt smooth roll from idle....that's why I play with the screws longer. :super:

Congratulations, do them again in 7500, or when the jumpiness returns while cruising....that's usually my first notification..... :oldcool: Nice job Bruddah !!!!

....Jinkster likes a little delta added on (trade off between idle settings and light throttle), I trust the dynamic vacuum as the rpm's increase to do the work.

i don't trust the dynamic vacuum...I COUNT ON IT....screw "idle".......i don't run/race at 0% throttle/Idle...i look for even mercury at 4Krpms...cause 4-5K is where i'm gonna be at when i begin my roll-on at apex....and making my exit in the 8-9K range...jus enough to whack out a nice lil darky as i exit a hook up onto the straight up.

L8R, Bill. :cool:

i don't trust the dynamic vacuum...I COUNT ON IT....screw "idle".......i don't run/race at 0% throttle/Idle...i look for even mercury at 4Krpms...cause 4-5K is where i'm gonna be at when i begin my roll-on at apex....and making my exit in the 8-9K range...jus enough to whack out a nice lil darky as i exit a hook up onto the straight up.

L8R, Bill. :cool:

I wasn't criticizing you there Bill.

I wasn't criticizing you there Bill.

oh jeese....i'm sorry...i didn't mean to infer or come off sounding like your were....was just trying to expand on the topic and to update/revise some of my latest thoughts and recent personal tuning discoverys/preferences...as follows..and as i've changed my ways...

i usta try for a perfect/even delta to balance out the mercury at both idle and 4Krpms...for best possible condition at each...which decreases engine vibes quite nicely "between those 2 rev ranges"...however...i don't typically lug my engine that low except maybe on a short 5-15 minute "tool-thru-town" trips...but most...like 90% of the other times i'm riding?...i'm always either right at or well about 4Krpms...for hours...especially on the ST super slab stuff...and there's where i want my mercury perfectly leveled out and my engine running at it's smoothest...as i no longer give a rats azz about how smooth she is at idle...and i'm rarely at idle and never for long....and with "The Smooth" being moved a tad up the rev ladder like that?...roll-on-throttle response seems real glassy like when ripp'in outta those corner exits..that's all i'm say'in...and i probably would've been more comprehensive and less offensive had it not been for the pinapple and smirnoff i was drinking last night while posting...sorry.

:whistle: :laugh:

I'm with Jinkster on that but I take it a step further. I even the mercury at idle, then at 2,500, then at 4,000, then at idle again. Seems to work out very well so far.

--Wag--

Back