Car VS Motorcycle Rivalry Continues

GoFaster

Just A Little Faster...
Donating Member
Registered
Here’s a little something for you to check out. It’s a video clip of a Porsche 911 vs. a Yamaha R1. I don’t want to say too much and give away the ending, but what I find most interesting is the attitude from the narrator.
AAAssjani.gif

He hosted a show a few years ago called ‘Top Gear’ from Great Britain that was on Discovery Channel in the United States. I don’t know if this show is still broadcast anywhere. I enjoyed the show back then. It was quite humorous and showed a lot of neat cars, from classics to sports cars, being tested and traveling around Europe.

The remarks from car drivers that are listed below the video on ‘You Tube’ are always kind of interesting, too. I know that there’s somewhat of a rivalry between car enthusiasts and motorcyclist, but did we steal all of their girlfriends or what? I’m sure that I’m bias, but ‘bikers’ don’t seem to be as angry as the cagers.
pissed.gif

Take a look and have at it. The clip is about 4 minutes. My apologizes if this is a repost.

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v....&search

On the track....race on race....4 is faster then 2

Lap records from Laguna Seca

Formula 1 ......1:06.309
Corvette C6r...1:20.719
MotoGP..........1:23.333
Stock VW GTI...1:59

Old old vid...plenty of the same tests done since then..many by car mags even...just about any variation of road course imaginable with stock and tuned version of car and bikes....vast majority has the bikes winning by 2, 5 and even 10 second intervels on road course....on street stock and modded bikes rule over pretty much any stock or modded street car, bugatti veyron included. We lane split better...have more room to play with in one lane then any car...yadda yadda.. The End.
biggrin.gif

As for the youtube comments, the majority of the bike hatred is by 14 year old "experts" that play Gran Turismo too much with hatchback tuner losers and guys that bought expensive cars and got embarressed by a few sportbikes rounding out the pack. The more they type things on the internet the more they think they can change reality. Too bad Japanese sportbike evolution is saying otherwise.
laugh.gif

"Bikers can shut up"?
rock.gif
Maybe he didn't see this.

ME!!![/url]

I know its a repost ... I posted it 2 years ago.
all_coholic.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
NICE VIDEOS! Light to light, however, cars will get stuck in traffic like everybody else! Looks like the 911 could have smoked him by more if he could have run the preferred line. 2 outside passes proves "the more the rubber, the more the grip"!

(proud dad @ Jun. 22 2007,21:43) Lap records from Laguna Seca

Formula 1 ......1:06.309
Corvette C6r...1:20.719
MotoGP..........1:23.333
Stock VW GTI...1:59
I always wondered what the lap times for a Formula 1 were like. Cool. Thanks!

(COLDSTONE1298 @ Jun. 22 2007,21:59) As for the youtube comments, the majority of the bike hatred is by 14 year old "experts" that play Gran Turismo too much with hatchback tuner losers and guys that bought expensive cars and got embarressed by a few sportbikes rounding out the pack. The more they type things on the internet the more they think they can change reality. Too bad Japanese sportbike evolution is saying otherwise.  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(NightCrawler @ Jun. 22 2007,22:06) "Bikers can shut up"?
rock.gif

ME!!![/url]

all_coholic.gif
Sorry per the repost, but at least the post was a couple years ago. I figured that this clip had been seen by many at this point.

Not only the part where he tells the bikers to ‘shut up’ was a bit brash, but I found when he said that he wasn’t going to be riding the motorcycle because ‘he is heterosexual’ and ‘doesn’t like to wear rubber pants’ was bit over the top. Maybe he was playing to the cameras, I don’t know.

Personally, I don’t really care about the attitude of the video regardless. Like Greyrocket and Coldstone1298 pointed out, it’s an old video clip. They can say whatever they want, old clip or new.

I think that there are definitely motorcyclists who rub sport car enthusiasts the wrong way. It just seems to me that riding a motorcycle, even at a pace around a track that matches a car, takes much more talent, dexterity, awareness, etc. that good motorcyclist uses on a daily basis. Let alone the risk that we take upon and have to be aware of everyday on the road.

Maybe it’s just been my experience, but so many sport car drivers are pissed at motorcycle sport bike riders. Why not thumbs up when you roll the throttle and they catch up to you at the next signal ten minutes later? They’re the ones who revved their engine in the first place.

You don’t hear too often of a car racer who retires and says ‘I think that I’ll go race motorcycles.’ You’ll see ex-motorcycle riders racing cars. Why’s that?

Sorry. I’m not as pissy as this too long post may seem, but I just see a lot of BS video clips of these guys going over the top, not only in rudeness, but quite disrespectful of some good motorcyclist.

I’d just like to note, I do know some guys with very fast cars who are super cool and admire and respect the Hayabusa‘s capabilities, too. And I respect their vehicles as well.

(GoFaster @ Jun. 22 2007,20:39) Here’s a little something for you to check out.  It’s a video clip of a Porsche 911 vs. a Yamaha R1.  I don’t want to say too much and give away the ending, but what I find most interesting is the attitude from the narrator.  
AAAssjani.gif

He hosted a show a few years ago called ‘Top Gear’ from Great Britain that was on Discovery Channel in the United States.  I don’t know if this show is still broadcast anywhere.  I enjoyed the show back then.  It was quite humorous and showed a lot of neat cars, from classics to sports cars, being tested and traveling around Europe.

The remarks from car drivers that are listed below the video on ‘You Tube’ are always kind of interesting, too.  I know that there’s somewhat of a rivalry between car enthusiasts and motorcyclist, but did we steal all of their girlfriends or what?  I’m sure that I’m bias, but ‘bikers’ don’t seem to be as angry as the cagers.  
pissed.gif

Take a look and have at it.  The clip is about 4 minutes.  My apologizes if this is a repost.

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v....&search
The remarks from car drivers that are listed below the video on ‘You Tube’ are always kind of interesting, too. I know that there’s somewhat of a rivalry between car enthusiasts and motorcyclist, but did we steal all of their girlfriends or what?.................

Ummmm....GUYS
rock.gif
........if you ever met John's wife.........

You'd know why there ALL pissed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW Did anyone absolutley love the woman's accent of the Lambo / Ducati descriptions
rock.gif
???...........................YUMM YUMM !!!!!!
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

rock.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

(Spudley @ Jun. 23 2007,02:36) [

Ummmm....GUYS
rock.gif
........if you ever met John's wife.........

You'd know why there ALL pissed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Spudley! I am one lucky bastard!
smile.gif
Don't know how I got so lucky!

Anyone else think that R1 isn't really being pushed very hard around that track? He only leans enough to get his knee close to down a couple times, and never seems to accelerate as fast as he could be, particularly on the last stretch... they're damn close in the last corner and then the porche pulls away??? The bike was passing inside on the last corner and I'm pretty convinced he let off on purpose...

(GoFaster @ Jun. 23 2007,04:11)
rock.gif

ME!!![/url]

all_coholic.gif
Sorry per the repost, but at least the post was a couple years ago.  I figured that this clip had been seen by many at this point.

Not only the part where he tells the bikers to ‘shut up’ was a bit brash, but I found when he said that he wasn’t going to be riding the motorcycle because ‘he is heterosexual’ and ‘doesn’t like to wear rubber pants’ was bit over the top. Maybe he was playing to the cameras, I don’t know.
Nah man. I was refering to MY link as being a repost because I originally posted it 2 years ago. I actually never saw your link before.

Sorry about the confusion ...

As for the second part, I know that show is a pure car show. It was probably said simply to get a cheer out of its die-hard fans. Think of it as being like Greg White saying he rides motorcycles because he's not a chicken-s**t coward who needs to be surrounded by metal. Some of us might laugh, clap, or just shout "AMEN" to that. But of course it'll tick-off the general public who have no interest in motorcycles.

(NightCrawler @ Jun. 23 2007,11:34)
(GoFaster @ Jun. 23 2007,04:11)
rock.gif

ME!!![/url]

all_coholic.gif
Sorry per the repost, but at least the post was a couple years ago.  I figured that this clip had been seen by many at this point.

Nah man. I was refering to MY link as being a repost because I originally posted it 2 years ago. I actually never saw your link before.

Sorry about the confusion ...

As for the second part, I know that show is a pure car show. It was probably said simply to get a cheer out of its die-hard fans. Think of it as being like Greg White saying he rides motorcycles because he's not a chicken-s**t coward who needs to be surrounded by metal. Some of us might laugh, clap, or just shout "AMEN" to that. But of course it'll tick-off the general public who have no interest in motorcycles.
jump9.gif
beerchug.gif

(bitabur @ Jun. 23 2007,04:15) Anyone else think that R1 isn't really being pushed very hard around that track? He only leans enough to get his knee close to down a couple times, and never seems to accelerate as fast as he could be, particularly on the last stretch... they're damn close in the last corner and then the porche pulls away??? The bike was passing inside on the last corner and I'm pretty convinced he let off on purpose...
No it wasn't pushed hard. Think fastbikes did a follow up soon after this test with the same model r1 and a few other bikes along with the same model porsche, a few other hot cars with pro drivers. No bias BS and the bikes crushed all. As the old saying Goes.. "Don't believe everything you see on tv"...Especially biased as hell Top Gear where cars supposidly beat planes, trains, army helecoptors.. etc...
all_coholic.gif

As for Jeremy Clarkson's Real off camera attitude towards bikes and bikers...BIKE magazine recently did a interview with him and basically asked What the hell his problem was? Truth is no he doesn't hate bikes or is out to kill bikers. He actually likes the Ducati 916 and truimph T595. Just doesn't like what some bikers do like insanely loud, gutted out pipes or screaming past someone in a straight only to slow down to 20mph for a slight curve (in other words..it's SQUIDS he hates). He even claims to have gotten "geared up" and tried a sportbike on a track but, with the sun in his eyes, he only went a few yards and hit a obstruction and fell off the bike. Jokes that he's "never fallen off a car" so that's another reason why he prefers cars. He says he just doesn't "get it" about bikes since he never really was around them or had freinds take him for a ride in his younger days. Cars were what he was always around and into. In fact, his co-host's Hammond and james may (both motorcyclists) said clarkson is one of the most well mannered car drivers when around bikes on the road. Says he gives them room and is real considerate to them. They also say that's one of the main reasons he likes to rip bikers since it gets such a rise out of them.
biggrin.gif

Back