Fear factor

Once on my 750 we where riding in a group I was in the middle the guy in front of me went into the corner to hard and hit his brakes hard I hit mine got the rear around sideways had to let up to get it straight but of course was headed into the ditch went into the ditch hit the bank by the culvit at the end of someones driveway launched the bike throught the air (about 4 feet in the air) and landed in the road going the right way I would like to say I did it on purpose but it was dumb luck I just hung on and prayed .

nervous.gif
Fear factor, hmmmm let me see... many moments come to mind... In the surf there has been many times I didnt think I was coming back alive makes my butt shrink. But first of all Northern Cal around monterey - SF is known as the red triangle for sharks & great whites and visability is about 5 feet ... not my idea of fun, and any water north of Monterey is suckin cold!!! For me when faced with 15 ft + wave coming at me while contemplating whether to dip the surfboard under or throw it away and dive deep! a kind of sick calm dread comes over me, knowing I'm about to be hit hard and there's nothing I can do to change it. Unlike an instant crash or something you have a few seconds to let your life flash before your eyes... and once I saw the perfect shiloette of a 10 ft shark about 10 ft in front of me as the wave rose to break and I was paddling hard right towards it and I allmost swallowed my tounge.
Hayabusa scares have included a missed turn at about 60 mph I went way wide on a right hander and accross the next lane ( lucky no cars ) and funny I started to pick out where to land off of a 20 ft drop but forunately was able to stop. Another time I was waiting for my group who were stuck at a light about 1/4 back. I saw the light change and very slowly pulled back onto the highway I figured about another 10-15 seconds they would be along side when suddenly a guy I didnt know passes me within about 4 ft on a ZX9 at what he later said was 165mph! scared the piss outa me!!! oh and made me mad too. :whip:

Hawaii, that surfing stuff is real scary. I've heard stories of surfers getting caught in the break at (Hawaii). They said take a deep breathe and dive to the bottom and wait. Big boulders, I mean huge boulders - the size of cars on the bottom would just move around and shake while they waited it out! Unbelievable……..

Now this kitting is the big thing, heard of people getting caught in a gust -thermal and getting airborne like 150 ft high.

The Busa sounds safer to me cause the operator has more control over what’s happening.

ernaehrung019.gif
ernaehrung019.gif

ernaehrung019.gif

i used to drag race with my dad in his 57 chevy belair i had a 1972 roadrunner i was excess of 290 kph i almost wet myself
confused.gif

When I was younger and dumber my friend used to drag me out in giant waves and his words were ..." its only water "

Yeah sure
confused.gif
wow.gif
:hammerhead:

Surfing sounds cool Hawaii we dont have much for waves up here in Maine . I SCUBA dive but there arent much for sharks or anything exciting around either I like looking for wrecks and stuff . Do you see many Busas over there I hear the police have some pretty hot cars too is that true .

wow.gif
Yeah Race, most of the cop cars are unmarked except for the strap on blue light on top. They have some kind of program here that the state or county pays for part of the car and they pay for part as their own vehicle to use as they want and sell later. Theres alot of Toyota 4-runners, Jeeps, Camaro's, Nissan Maximas ... On Oahu I heard they have a few pursuit Camaros or Firebirds that can do 140 mph and they are authorized to thump you...
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

cry.gif

cry.gif

Back