Power commander maps

Busa Bill

Donating Member
Registered
Alright this just an idea, we as a group have so much information and ideas, creativity and we are blessed with people wanting to help others and if it wasn’t for this board we wouldn’t be having these conversations and meeting great people which in some cases have turned into great friendships, Alright here’s my Idea to do something to help the board in the first place and also help each other out. Why couldn’t we have a pinned link here on the board? Which we can donate our PC maps to the board .. Which for a small donation from members to the board would be like $5 or something like that or less, heck I don’t care but it will help the board out for sure cause there is always someone looking to find a map for there setup or just try someone else’s out . What do you think ??

I'd donate the ones I have... Of course, anyone with a BDE could do the same.
wow.gif

I have a custom map that I could post - I don't think Bessie would mind sharing if it was a good cause...

I know the Capt has alot of things going on right now - might be best to ask this question in the board suggestions, see if it makes the cut next time the boards get upgraded... but you may not have to wait, if you have a map that someone can use, maybe you can work out a donation to the boards if both people are on board with that, you don't have to have an upload site for that...
wink.gif

True , I given my maps out before , but thought it would be nice to have a place to upload them to. This way there would be a collection of maps with a donate now button.

had the idea quite some time ago ... L I N K but nobody ever PM'd me for the email address where to send them....
rock.gif

now that the boards require a login to view them, I don't mind posting the email addy.

busamaps@hillardland.com

I can input as much or little info about the map as you like...and keep it formatted like the PC site.

I will also get an email link put on the page this weekend.

btw... it wouldn't be an 'upload it now and see it immediately' ......... but I am on my computer better than 12 hours of every day (thanks to work) .... so I would upload them as I check the emails.

I'm thinking we better ask the likes of Johnny Cheese and Quasar before "giving" away there livelihood. I like the idea, but there has to be some limits.

I'm thinking we better ask the likes of Johnny Cheese and Quasar before "giving" away there livelihood. I like the idea, but there has to be some limits.

Just hit the button once, Chris!
tounge.gif

Now go back to what you were doing:
40__s.gif
all_coholic.gif
drink.gif
beerchug.gif

<!--EDIT|omslaw
Reason for Edit: None given...|1157000640 -->

well, here we go with that question again...

first of all... JC and Q are not the only two sources of maps...nor are they the be all /end all of mapping.
I respect them both for their abilities...but JC will never go hungry because of this when everyone with any sense, knows a custom tune and engine work are the only ways to make the most of a Power Commander (and he does that very well).....and for quasar....at 75.00/map ....it's just fun money at best, although I can't say for sure what his occupation is.

I kind of see it like this...if you paid for that map....which they supplied...then you own it.
If I buy a book...and read it...then choose to give it to a freind, is that not my choice? Or should I destroy the book and never share the story? or a music Cd....
Another way...no 2 busas are the same! Most all of us are spread out all over the country... no too few maps are going to apply to all of us....I'' promiss you that living in FL...I wouldn't load a map wriiten for someone in Colorado at 8K feet.
Should we all email dynojet and object to the maps provided on their site as well?

I thought we all came here to share tips, experiences and know how.
By this logic...everyone that reads a "how to" thread needs to submit royalties to the writer of the thread.
I am going to be doing some tuning in the near future that I will be paying for locally...and you can bet my maps will be posted....why? because my map son't be 'specific' for anyone else...but it will be a good comparison to go by and help someone else develope their performance.

never on any other sites have I seen such a reluctance to share info as with Busa owners and their 'maps'.
That statement is NOT meant for all, as there are several that do help others with maps....and I am hoping they think along similar lines as I do.

for example...the R1 FORUMS...

I am sure the other bikes' forums have theirs too.

So as for 'giving away' anyone's 'livelihood'....
rock.gif

Thank you BusaCruise for that reply, I’m with you 100% .I have well over $600 worth of maps here that I paid for that is mine to do with what I will and that goes with anyone that has paid for a map.... period! , I like to help someone else that cant afford it or a Dyno is to far away for them to have a custom map built for there bike or even some places you cant find a Tuner anywhere .Do we not all come here to give advise, give Ideas, show bigger and better ways on doing mods, sell stuff, sure we do, So what if I cough up the cash for these maps that I have, I feel I’m fortunate I’m able to. Like BusaCruise said not 2 bikes are the same and if someone can get a map to get them buy and work better than what they have, then let them. I think you would see there is plenty of us out here on the board that would give there shirt off there back to you if you needed it and had any problems with your bike and not even think about it twice about it .If you don’t want to participate than don’t this is soley voluntary, I’m with it if we can help someone out and help the board out also by giving them our maps and be able to make a little cash olla to run the forum, Does anyone have a clue how much it takes to run a big site like this? Well its not cheap that’s for sure and also the dedication of the personnel to help run it, which is voluntary. Myself I would like to see this happen .

Peace

There is a big difference between the two. JC will gladly allow anyone to share a map he has done.
Like he has said, it's your map, you paid for it, do what you want with it..
All he says about it is that he is not responsible for the map working well on any other bike than the one that he dyno'ed and mapped.

Now, Quasar is a different story.
He is adamant about not sharing a map.
His maps are for the person who purchased it only, no sharing period.

David

not responsible for the map working well on any other bike than the one that he dyno'ed and mapped.
And that should be put on every map out there. Because it’s true. Heck I like to try different maps to see the difference in them yea I have 2 custom maps made for my bike but there HP maps I do allot of commuting and in town riding also as you all know that’s 2 different types of maps here one for performance and another for drivability which is usually a richer map so right now I'm running a European map believe it or not and it actually runs great for the cruising around and commuting

Back