Perhaps We Need To Start A Gen 3 Thread *

Last edited:
So I woke up late this morning lying in a puddle of my own drool with my pyjama pants wrapped around my ankles after a long night of watching Ghost Rider wheelie videos and it dawned on me that maybe a Gen3 Hayabusa isn't what I am actually waiting for.

Hear me out.

I'm a simple guy, a technophobe, a luddite... I like my ladies like I like my Covid... 19 and easy to get. But I digress.

The third generation Hayabusa when and if it drops is going to be a technological heavyweight. It will have to be to compete with the current stable of 200hp+ litre bikes, all of which are coated in layers of electronic controls, safety nets and a nanny waiting to slap yo arse if you dare to have too much fun. We must be saved from ourselves! It's the only way! But I hate this stuff. I hate it in modern cars, I hate it in modern bikes. Excess weight, excess complexity, more future electronic failures... vehicles hooked to WiFi in constant contact with their makers... and the authorities? Motorcycles ripe for the hacking? No thanks.

So why am I waiting for a Gen3 again? Wouldn't buying the last of the simple Gen2 be the way to go, and then modifying it to take the lunch money from whatever latest-and-greatest future bike emerges onto the playground? Maybe these orgsters buying up the 2020s are on to something. Smart blokes, these orgsters. :cool:

So I woke up late this morning lying in a puddle of my own drool with my pyjama pants wrapped around my ankles after a long night of watching Ghost Rider wheelie videos and it dawned on me that maybe a Gen3 Hayabusa isn't what I am actually waiting for.

Hear me out.

I'm a simple guy, a technophobe, a luddite... I like my ladies like I like my Covid... 19 and easy to get. But I digress.

The third generation Hayabusa when and if it drops is going to be a technological heavyweight. It will have to be to compete with the current stable of 200hp+ litre bikes, all of which are coated in layers of electronic controls, safety nets and a nanny waiting to slap yo arse if you dare to have too much fun. We must be saved from ourselves! It's the only way! But I hate this stuff. I hate it in modern cars, I hate it in modern bikes. Excess weight, excess complexity, more future electronic failures... vehicles hooked to WiFi in constant contact with their makers... and the authorities? Motorcycles ripe for the hacking? No thanks.

So why am I waiting for a Gen3 again? Wouldn't buying the last of the simple Gen2 be the way to go, and then modifying it to take the lunch money from whatever latest-and-greatest future bike emerges onto the playground? Maybe these orgsters buying up the 2020s are on to something. Smart blokes, these orgsters. :cool:
I believe for a manufacturer at this time to invest any further in the internal combustion engine R&D will be a bad investment. We have to follow the automotive world and see where they are heading. Mercedes has a 2,L 4 cylinder motor which reliably puts out 400 + hp, for every day use, what we expected from a V8 not too long ago. That was their last investment, they have now taken the risk not to bother about short term income, but rather stop all further internal combustion work and focus everything into electrical. Mercedes has always been a pioneer for new technology. I believe this is the trend everyone will follow.

The Busa will become a legend of old times, for some a collectors item.

I had/have bikes from that list and rode a few of the others...I miss my '85 Gixxer 750-boy that thing was light.

I loved those RGs, I got to ride an RG500 Walter Wolf edition, it was a seriously beautiful bike and sadly was lost in a fire just days after I got to ride it.

I believe for a manufacturer at this time to invest any further in the internal combustion engine R&D will be a bad investment. We have to follow the automotive world and see where they are heading. Mercedes has a 2,L 4 cylinder motor which reliably puts out 400 + hp, for every day use, what we expected from a V8 not too long ago. That was their last investment, they have now taken the risk not to bother about short term income, but rather stop all further internal combustion work and focus everything into electrical. Mercedes has always been a pioneer for new technology. I believe this is the trend everyone will follow.

I know in cars and such E vehicles are the trend although I'm not sure how they will take off as the global electrical recharging capability is not anywhere close to being prepared for millions and millions of e vehicles to be recharged.

I don't think the motorcycle industry is going to be converted to the E platform for many years to come. It will take a while for the batteries to get smaller and better to be used in mainstream motorcycling I'm guessing.

Sales of muscle cars (Mustang, Challenger, Camaro) are at an all time high and this muscle ideology is rapidly spilling over to many other platforms. Jeep is going with a 6.4 Hellcat in one of their new Jeep pick ups.. This sort of trend is really gaining traction.

To add to this, E vehicles are not very popular in the northern climates or southern climates where air conditioning and heating is a huge issue of battery drain...I have read reports where the Tesla cars are struggling to meet their ranges when running all the necessary equipment in winter months..their ranges are dropped to half of what they are advertised.

Hear me out.

Isn't that what's killing Harley Davidson? Their loyalists insisting that the next HD be technically pretty much just like the first one? If the Gen 3 is not going to be able to compete with the liter bikes and rockets like the H2, then what's the point?

If all people want to do is pump up the engine on psi and go straight, you really don't need a new Hayabusa. The current one is pretty much a perfect subject for that sort of thing and there may never be a better one. But a fully functional street bike has to do a lot of things and that's where the complicated "nanny" stuff comes in. You cannot reliably control 250 hp on the street in anything other than a straight line. A bike like that would surely hit the showroom with a "widow maker" nickname. I hear guys saying "I'm a man" or "or my TC is in my wrist" which is laughable at best. The best riders in the world have nanny gear because it's the only way to control that much power.

Its very possible Suzuki hasn't introduced a new Hayabusa because there is no place to take the bike. Making it a modern bike capable of competing with the competition means lots of electronics. That's what is required to attract new buyers. But Busa fans want a bike they can make themselves from $2,000 in aftermarket parts.

Little Kid: "Grampa Rubb?"
Rubb: "Ya Boy"
Little Kid: "What's fossil fuel?"
Rubb: "Well boy.When yer Granpappy has ate to many chili dogs"
Little Kid: "O stop it Grampa" "I'm being serious"
Rubb: "Me too"
Little kid: "Well I'm not pulling your finger again,I know that trick"
Rubb: "So yer a wised up little bastid then are ya?"
Little kid: " I be the smartest kid in my class"
Rubb: "Well you do have my genes" "But ten years old in kindeegarden is nuttin' to be proud of"
Little kid: "No Grampa,these be my jeans"
Rubb: "Ah shut the fug up and listen then" "A way back when yer Grampa got around by riding a motorcicle" "They were these two wheel'd thangs that burnt yer fossil fuel"
Little kid: "You mean they set old folks like you on fire?"
Rubb: "Don't be a smarty mouth"
Little kid: "Well get on with ya old raisin"
*WHACK*
Rubb: "See now you learned something" "Now pass me that thar photographic book:
Little kid: "What's a book?"
*SA-MACK*
Rubb: "Qwit yer blubberin' an' looky here" "See that,that was a motorcicle"

Little Kid: "Holy Cow...is that Grammy?"
Rubb: "Yup,but don't say cow,it ain't polite" "Yup,she was a real looker"
"Then she ran of with this punk azzed friend a mine, hayabuser was his name" "That home wreakin' bastid"
Little kid: "Did ya git mad?"
Rubb: "Nah,couldn't afford the groceries no more anyway" "Anyways I spent my last few days on one of these,'cause of the fossil fuel shortage"

Little kid: "Wow wee Grampa you was handsome!"
Rubb: "Yer amazing right ya little shi7" "Now pass me that music record an' I play ya sumfin"
Little kid: "Whats a reco...."
*OUCH*
Rubb: "Shut ger cake hole an listen up"

'lectric geetars drums an' such

Ol' Rubb.

I know in cars and such E vehicles are the trend although I'm not sure how they will take off as the global electrical recharging capability is not anywhere close to being prepared for millions and millions of e vehicles to be recharged.

I don't think the motorcycle industry is going to be converted to the E platform for many years to come. It will take a while for the batteries to get smaller and better to be used in mainstream motorcycling I'm guessing.

Sales of muscle cars (Mustang, Challenger, Camaro) are at an all time high and this muscle ideology is rapidly spilling over to many other platforms. Jeep is going with a 6.4 Hellcat in one of their new Jeep pick ups.. This sort of trend is really gaining traction.

To add to this, E vehicles are not very popular in the northern climates or southern climates where air conditioning and heating is a huge issue of battery drain...I have read reports where the Tesla cars are struggling to meet their ranges when running all the necessary equipment in winter months..their ranges are dropped to half of what they are advertised.

In 2018 we were supposed to see a 19 anniversary model . Along come 2020 nothing new but removed from Europe market due to bs emissions standards.
I'm not holding my breath for Suzuki lol.
I'd imagine there's someone on a Honda thread beating the drums for a Super Blackbird resurrection or someone on a Kawi thread wanting the next generation ZX14 and all of us hear the same thing...crickets...

Back