People who have gone down on their bikes

A little old lady to busy talking on her cell phone to stop at a stop sign. I hit her at 50 MPH. I was warring a helmet but no jacket or gloves. I was warring a helmet that saved my life. Road rash "All over my body" A better lesson was learned that day! If it too hot to wear your gear it too hot to ride!

Only time i went down on a street bike was when i was hit by drunk driver, caged bit*h took a left turn right into me. RIP my Eliminator (I loved that bike) But i did get to ride in a helo to the hospital. no major injuries when it was all said and done. and all i remeber of it was seeing the ground the sky, the ground the sky...BAM Big white flash!

in the MSF course on those TINY nighthawk 250's, keep in mind i'm not as big as the rest of you luberjack mo fo's but i'm 6'2 and 230 on that LITTLE 250.

the road was a little wet, in a SLOWWW turn something happened, i say the bike [old junk], they say i hit the brakes in the turn [yeah right], highsided at about 5 mph. scraped my knee through jeans and palm through gloves. luckily this was not during the final exam. i passed.

2003-1985 Goldwing: heading home for lunch came over a rise in the usually empty road near my house only to see traffic backed up and a tree trimming detail blocking the road. Grabbed the brakes front locked up since the bike was unloaded at the crest of the rise and slid out tossing me down to the left.  Rashed knee and painful left ribcage for a few weeks. Jeans shredded but jacket boots and helmet kept me from further injury.

2004-2004 Hayabusa: unfamiliar road at night low visibility and glare from a floodlight prevented me from seeing that the road hairpins to the right, slowed down but washed out on the dusty road trying to lean to make the corner. Rashed right fairing and minor scuffing on the can. Now Injuries besides my pride.

2004-2004 Hayabusa: Inattentive oncoming driver did not look when turning left into my path. Smashed into his car, was tossed in a somersault over smashing his windshiled with my left leg. Did not hit my head at all and came to a rest in a sitting position. Stood up and dusted myself off. Waited for the wrecker to pick-up my busted bike. Bruising to my lower left leg.

2006-2004 Hayabusa: Speeding down a rural highway entered a curve at full tilt only to have the rear fishtail because of cow manure in the road. Managed to slow down enough only to slide into the gutter and tipover onto left side. No injuries.

I've never "gone down on my bike."
SHOCKED.gif

2005 A week after I bought my Bus. Pulling out from a parking lot. F150 I didn't see. I slammed the front brakes and the wheel was crooked. About $450 worth of scratched plastic from a 1 mph stop.

Hard way to learn that you can't get your feet off the pegs quick enough and onto the ground on a sport bike before it's too far over to stop. Now I keep my feet on the ground until I'm sure I'm clear.

1978 Riding a Sportster. I reached over and started adjusting the right mirror with my left hand. Drifted into the gravel and went down at about 40 mph. Hair line fracture in my left leg from the gas tank. Learned not to screw with things on the bike while I'm riding.

2003: First bike 1985 Honda Interceptor. I'm driving up one side of highway behind a SUV. SUV slams on breaks and I swerve to the left side well little did I know the police were doing a highspeed chase on the other side. Had to dump the bike or go through the police car. I chose the earlier. Because I was going up hill I slid. Tore my BDU top (Army jacket), cracked my helmet (glad I always wear it) and totaled my bike. Couldn't wait to go to my third day in the MSF course that Saturday. That day they taught us where to ride when behind large vehicles. Wish I had that knowledge on wreck day.

1980 something, RD400. Running hot on the freeway, traffic stopped and I hit the brakes late and slid into the back of a car. Got up and rode off! Lucky as hell!

Pinched my lower leg muscle in beetween bike and car bumper, and had some pain for a week...

1996 Kawi ZX-7R... In a parking lot and get on it a little too much... Approaching the end of the lot, I get on the front brakes hard and the bike crumbles beneath me, but I managed to shave off enough speed to catch the bike when it was falling...

2001 Busa: Went to put it on the rear-stand to put on my turbo kit...
all_coholic.gif
and I miss the brake side peg. The bike goes straight up off the ground and straight over on the exhaust side hard. Bent exhaust, scratched up side fairing pretty bad, cracked some plastic, broke the windscreen, and right mirror.

2001 Busa: Just got the bike and I am at my bro's work in yet another parking lot... (You would think I would have learned about parking lots the first time...) My bro and his buddies want to see the bike accelerate a little bit. Its night out, got plenty of room to get on it a little though, and proceed to make a slight turn in the parking lot going about 10 MPH to straighten out and get on it. As I lean over, the bike slides out from under me due to gravel. (I didn't even see it... grrrr.) The bike is going down fast, I am probably a foot or so off the ground and still going down... I let go of the throttle and the bike gains traction, and whipes back up like a sligshot. My bro and his buddies were laughing their asses off and said I was either the best driver they had ever seen to pull out of that as close to the gournd as I was or just the luckest driver they had ever seen... It was the latter....

Everytime I have come close to crashing, it has been for being stupid or pushing the limits...

Cloud

(stlbusarider @ Sep. 18 2007,13:27) Alright I guarantee I have the dumbest crash of all time.

I was working in a detail shop and decided to wash my 90 EX500. Got her all cleaned up and what did I do next? You guessed it, I put tire shine on the tires. As I was pulling it out of the shop turning right I low sided and slid out. Broke the rear brake lever and front brake handle, and of course scratched her up pretty good. Never again have I used tire shine on a bike.
guns.gif
Same damn thing! On a Sportster. I was pushing the bike back out of the garage with my feet. My foot slipped in the slick I had made on the floor with the tire shine. I fell into garage shelves and broke the front break lever off without going anywhere.

A confession I would only make here.
sad.gif

Back