Has your bike been down???

psycobusa

Registered
just wondering....how many members do we have on this site whose bike has been down at one time or another? i dont care how it happened...low speed slide...dog pushed it over in the garage...ect. and dont be afraid to admit it either....as long as the fairing touched the ground, it counts. also how many times has it been down. ill go first.

mine's been down 6 times in the last 5 years....2 times just a mile apart
biggrin.gif

1st: was lookin off to the side of road, guy in front of me stopped in the road just after leaving the stop sign, i slid into the back of the van at 5-10mph.

2nd: was on bike pushing backward out of a driveway at night, didnt notice friends explorer leaked unknown quarts of transmission fluid on driveway, foot slipped, bike fell to the right, i caught it but not before the hump on the right fairing touched the concrete.

3rd: left bike in girlfriends gravel driveway while we went out for the night...her drunk uncle comes home and decides to lean against it....nuff said.

4th: had bike on rear stand...(in order to have the engine and in gear is to lift the kickstand). i do this so i can lube the chain easily(ease off the clutch, make the tire turn). went to lower bike off rear stand, forgot kickstand was still up....nuff said.

5th: going 80 down the highway...freak rainstorm comes out, cant see 10 feet in front of me.....forgot i left my shinko 003 on from the last drag race...rear hydroplanes and so do i.

6th: pissed of from just laying my bike down, i run to the bike, turn it off, pick it up, and turn it back on...phew, nothings wrong with it, all this in pouring down torential rain. get back on bike, dont realize it was my "not made for rain" shinko that caused the first one, and i lay it down again at 50mph.

i have always been told this, so ill pass it on to you.....if you havent layed it down yet, you will
tounge.gif

doing a slow turn in a parking lot, i stoped the bike before i had it standing upright. i tried to catch it but that pig is HEAVY. just a little scratch on the right hump. i was embarrsed when i relized people were watching me struggle with this behemoth. but i was totally mortified after a passerby hellped me get it up and i saw my helpfull stranger was a 110 pound GIRL. how coool did i look!
biggrin.gif

About 2 months after I got her,every piece of plastic,cluster,signal, stay, and paint had to be replaced.I like her better now anyway.:)

Dang psycobusa! You've had a run of mishaps. Hope no one here breaks your record!
sad.gif

Mine was in the garage. Moving the bike while standing on the left side, I let it lean too far to the right. There was no stopping it. Some minor scratches on the right faring. I'm leaving them there to remind me to be more careful.
wink.gif

doing a slow turn in a parking lot, i stoped the bike before i had it standing upright. i tried to catch it but that pig is HEAVY. just a little scratch on the right hump. i was embarrsed when i relized people were watching me struggle with this behemoth. but i was totally mortified after a passerby hellped me get it up and i saw my helpfull stranger was a 110 pound GIRL. how coool did i look!
biggrin.gif
damm that sux bro! i would have just walked aaway and left the bike there after that, haha

Out goofing off when I got new pipes, and had to take an escape route through someones front yard (got going too fast and couldn't make the turn).  Grass was soaking wet and the front bit in when I tried to stop.  Slid about 35 feet.  Amazingly, once I washed all the grass off of it there wasn't one scratch!  Guess I was really lucky.

In the lower pic you can see where I slid out of view on my helmet (Wear your gear!!!)

<!--EDIT|thebbbusa
Reason for Edit: "Added a pic."|1144793601 -->

uhoh.jpg

Chucked it down the highway at 45 mph on Dec 24th after being hit by cell phone talking, money grubbing rich ##### from Ct.( Talking on Cell phones is illlegal in Ct without hands free set.)
Dazed and confused I rode the wreck 60 miles home to my families home in Ct stopping once to refill oil from leaking stator cover.
Procced to start obtaning parts for rebuild, when low and behold I convince idiot adjuster that it is totalled and I deserve a new one.
Happily sell to best freind Rollin.
Buy 06 Black/ Grey.

82 seca 750 down - Day one down the street from dealer. Twist the throttle to much and the still new tire in preservative steps out on the turn. Slow enough to keep hold of the clutch and just stand er up and ride away. Very embarrassing.
90 ZX-10 down 2 time - Hit a deer. Man was I pi**ed off. Some Jag pulled out from a side road in front of me (in the rain). Could not stop in time and rear ended. Bent the neck and bike was totaled.
86 GS550 Never
98 CBR1100XX down - Wheeling came down to hard. Front shake was bad. Almost saved but lose stuff (dust, debris and tiny gravel) took care of the rest.
97 ZX-9 Tipped over. Closing garage the stand folded and fell over in the gravel drive.
06 Busa Never

lessons learned should keep the BUSA scar free.

<!--EDIT|06BUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144756623 -->

Mine has been down 4 times. Nothing serious except for number 4, but I had on my gear and the bike was all cosmetic.

1. Rolling burnout gone bad

2. Wheelie gone bad

3. Fell off my zuk stands

4. 288 on ramp doing about 80 in the Apex.
blush.gif

mines been run into the side by a cage, and a chunk of concrete flew up and crushed my fairings and new yoshi header, but it aint been down
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|craigntx
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144758939 -->

Dropped the katana stupid forgot to put the kickstand down. (when i first started riding) the only time

have not dropped or laid the beast down.

Haven't on the Busa yet
biggrin.gif
!! But, my last bike I layed it down: 1st was going up an off ramp, didn't see where the state had cut a 5" wide, 10' long section out of the center (where the Black lane seam is) when my front tire hit it, tucked and DOWN I WENT
sad.gif
 ! #2 was at a service station. After I got through filling my tank, I was trying to start moving and go between two cars also filling up next to each other . One had spilted gas on the slick concrete, didn't see it, and I turned when I rolled into it. Rear wheel spun and DOWN I WENT
laugh.gif
 Now I was really
blush.gif

I have to back mine into the garage, and when doing so the other day almost lost her- I fought and caught her before she fell completely, thought I was gonna get a hernia. But she didn't drop! Priorities!!
biggrin.gif

BUSAFETT

best way to say it is if your going down a dirt rode say 13-15 mph on a dirt bike and you hit a muddy area you can do what ever you want    but if you try it on a Busa You don't even have to do anything especially if you catch a rut or something she wene out from under me like right now
wink.gif
 was an easy go down just ruined my yosh sleeve had to repaint side panel and rear cover. not much damage except my Knee 3 breaks.

fixed Pic

<!--EDIT|onerabidshark
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144772391 -->

bikeside2resized.jpg

3 times, all in my driveway and THEN I had it lowered...no problems since...

biggrin.gif

Back