• 1-3

Votes: 121 57.1%
  • 3-5

Votes: 18 8.5%
  • To many times

Votes: 14 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well i hope everybody that posted dosen't have any more mishaps this season or anytime for that matter, be safe people i know after my experiance i will be allot more cautious. I cant afford my life or to fix her up again!:banghead:!!!

Ive been riding on and off since i was 18. now im.....ok well 44. lol. only went down once and that was at the dragon back in 07. I always new it was just a matter of time and time caught up with me. I just thank god that He waited till I was older and wiser so that when I did bite it I was geared up. saved me a lot of scaring and broken bones thats for sure.

Once.....Making a U-turn in a post office parking lot! :rofl:
I was going really slow on the turn and a rock the size of a golf ball (I guess from a construction vehicle). I didn't see it and wedged itself under my front wheel and rolled me out! Lost my balance, hit the curb and laid down on the left side! Caused 2800.00 worth of damage! Bent forks when I hit the curb! Just got the bike 6 months before that. Really sucked!!!! Bike landed dead on my left leg and that hurt for a few days. I can laugh about it now.

I wrecked my Harley when I was "learning to ride"...just simply didn't know the controls well enough and I panicked. I was only going maybe 30 mph, but I did a nice flip over the handlebars, cut my cheek, hurt my wrist, banged up the bike just a bit...

I parked the Harley and signed up for the MSF course, rode for a few months on the Harley after getting my license, then bought the Busa...

Once.....Making a U-turn in a post office parking lot! :rofl:
I was going really slow on the turn and a rock the size of a golf ball (I guess from a construction vehicle). I didn't see it and wedged itself under my front wheel and rolled me out! Lost my balance, hit the curb and laid down on the left side! Caused 2800.00 worth of damage! Bent forks when I hit the curb! Just got the bike 6 months before that. Really sucked!!!! Bike landed dead on my left leg and that hurt for a few days. I can laugh about it now.

That does suck, $2800 bucks and you were doing maybe 2mph or were you?

This one time in bandcamp......

When I was a teenager hit sand coming down a mountain road. slid about 20 feet and stopped about 5 feet shy of going off a cliff

When I was 21, 3 months after purchasing my first street bike, I was speeding and a school bus pulled out of a drive way. I hit the back of the school bus at aorund 75mph. was in the hospital for a week, broken ribs, internal bleeding.

Coming down a mountain road, went into a turn a speed that was too fast for a hairpin turn. I had leaned over so far that there was nothing left and it bascially just dropped and I slid. fortuantley got up and pulled the bike off the road before the car that was behind me caught up. otherwise they would have hit the bike.

"almost" went down on a group ride a few years ago. didn’t negotiate a turn do to shadows, gravel and lack of confidence in my bald rear tire. went off road but kept the bike up. (I probably should have went down, must have had angels keeping me upright).

Thats all I can remember.

I almost dropped mine with my wife on the back, my foot slipped on some gravel waiting for traffic on a sharp incline driveway but I managed to hold'er up. But everytime I go down my dirt road it scares the heck out of me.

Alot of times in the dirt, not on the street. Don't look forward to it either, trying to be prepared for it...gear, etc.

years ago while riding a friend's Honda CBR (Hurricane? can't remember) another rider got the bright idea to pass me in a curve. he ran out of talent about midway through and clipped me. i flipped and rolled for what seemed like days down the grass hill, but fortunately only suffered some scratches and really bad bruising. (he was okay also)

that's the day i got my wake up call and figured out that day that i needed more than just a helmet.

Well, where to start.
1st time. Green Chevy truck did a brake check in front of me at 40 MPH, flipped over the handle bars, bent the forks, frame and front rim.
Last night on my way to my bosses house up a tight twisty canyon road that I have never been on I over shot one turn, tried to correct it going into the next and went down on my left side. I was going about 10-15 MPH and slid about 4 feet. Then when I get to my bosses house he has a HUGE blacktop bump in front of his driveway, and I put it down on the right side. The only thing that was truly damaged yesterday was my ego. The scratches are just adding character to my baby.

Never and knock on wood. It's been close a couple times, but I think I was ridding respectfully and in each case it saved me. Once it was going around a corner and my back tire hit the white line on a nice summer day and a** end almost came right out. The other time I was crusin and it was fall hit that patch of leaves on the road well it wasn't just leaves there was a good size stick under there. It seems like in cases like these if you are ridding normal your bod just reacts and counters what ever is happening. I know it isn't always going to happen like that. All I can do is keep praying. Hopfully none of us go down.Good luck guy's!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Well, where to start.
1st time. Green Chevy truck did a brake check in front of me at 40 MPH, flipped over the handle bars, bent the forks, frame and front rim.
Last night on my way to my bosses house up a tight twisty canyon road that I have never been on I over shot one turn, tried to correct it going into the next and went down on my left side. I was going about 10-15 MPH and slid about 4 feet. Then when I get to my bosses house he has a HUGE blacktop bump in front of his driveway, and I put it down on the right side. The only thing that was truly damaged yesterday was my ego. The scratches are just adding character to my baby.

That really makes for a bad night sorry to hear that man, both side with in min of each other atleast you were going slow!

1st time truck fuel spill on a turn. 2nd time as the rain just started coming down I took off at a light to fast to try and beat it. iT BEAT ME. 3rd time about 10 years ago stupid me trying to take a turn onto a street I almost missed and morning dew got the best of that one.

That really makes for a bad night sorry to hear that man, both side with in min of each other at least you were going slow!

Thanks sessions. It was really embarrassing dumping it the second time in front of my boss who rides everyday rain or shine. If you look closely at google earth of the 178 from Bakersfield north to Lake Isabella you could understand. Many turns are 10-15 in a cage. It had just rained pre4tty good about 30 min before I went up the Mountain. I spent the weekend working out theknots in my left shoulder from a TOTAL NEWBIE mistake... I grabbed a HANDFUL of brake going INTO a turn on a bald front tire!:banghead::banghead::banghead: I know, I know, I know I was stupid. But the tire will be replaced as of Tuesday night and I will be terrorizing the sidewalks of Bakersfield again on Wednesday!

First time, 1965, Honda Trail 55, knobby tire, oil in left turn lane. 360 in the middle of the intersection. Embarrassed, no injuries, no damage. Second time, 1974, Yamaha 650, Angeles Crest highway, fast sweeper, Big Dodge coming down the hill in my lane, laid the bike down to prevent becoming a hood ornament. Pissed off, ground off about a pound of flesh on upper & lower left leg, minimal damage. Last time, 1984, Honda CB-750F, Willow Springs Raceway, 120mph, high side dismount, fractured right thumb, big damage. Kept the shiny side up ever since then.:learn:

only on the ZX-9R.. landed arse first .... you can guess what i broke.... spent the next 3 weeks on my hand's and knee's....OUCH :laugh: :bowdown:

Last year

Hit head-on by a cab who turned into the wrong lane. I was sitting waiting for the light. Fortunately saw him coming and jumpd up and back as he slammed my bike into the pavement.

I was uninjured, but bike got $3,700 in damages.

Like SAMBUSA I have been down on trails where there was a lot of soft sand, pinestraw or dirt and lost traction.
Went down in the parking lot at work after a light rain, did a complete 360° slowly and it must have looked pretty ridiculous and the only thing that hurt worse than my elbow was my pride - I think the whole shop saw and were like what the heck.

HA! 360! I did the exact same thing only there were no bad conditions, nice sunny day. Still not sure what exactly happened. Leaving a parking lot after a group ride, 2 mo. after I got my busa, must've hit the throttle a bit hard. Alila lurched forward and sideways with me on her back, rear wheel still churning, rotating her in a nice flat spin. Scared the **** outta me. Somehow during the spin I kicked her somewhat upright and accidentally gunned the throttle trying to pull her up, she bolted forward and off I went.

Everyone who didn't know I was a newb thought it was a pretty sick trick, my friend, however, came up to me the next day and asked me if i needed any help repairing any damage I caused and offered me quite a few riding tips while laughing at my stupidity.

Twice.

First time, I was traveling to fast for area and time of day. It was on a 2 lane road, one lane each direction. I was moving about 110 before a bend. I slowed to about 70 for the bend, a pickup truck came out a parking lot that was at the bend in the road. It turned to travel the direction I was going. There was a car coming in the other lane traveling the opposite direction. I didn't have the distance to stop, so I ditched to the sidewalk and grass at about 40 MPH. Only had road rash, bumps and bruises. (was wearing my pj's and helmet) I was on test ride from just replacing fan switch, so bike didn't have side fairings on. Bike has frame sliders, no damage to the bike at all. (wear on frame slider) Ride home, wife patched me up (retired nurse) and I was riding (in full gear) two hours later. (put side fairing back on with bandaged hands)

picture of bike after ditching (notice wear on right slider)

Hayabusa - 3.JPG

Second time, I was riding home after playing ball. Got a cramp in my leg as I was coming to a stop. My leg would extend far enough to reach to ground, so I tipped over. Only damage was small scratch on fairing and mirror. None to me. I picked up bike, rode to O'Riley's to buy "rattle can" touch up paint. Then headed home to sand, prime and paint scratch on fairing.

Back