• 3-5

Votes: 18 8.5%
  • To many times

Votes: 14 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sessions

Registered
I'm just wonderin how many times you gone down on the bike if at all? how did it happen? I went down about two weeks ago my first time, i hit gravel in a curve. i didnt get hurt but my bike did a little. I was with five other guys, and i was kind of embaressed but they assured me that it happens to the best of us. So do you belive the saying "theres those that have gone down and theres those that will go down" or not?

Once on the street. Cant remember how many times in the dirt

And since it's a poll......................................hookers

none, hope never.
i guess i have been lucky!
now.. bikes have gone down couple of times without me on them. would that count?:laugh:

Last edited:
I'm just wonderin how many times you gone down on the bike if at all? how did it happen? I went down about two weeks ago my first time, i hit gravel in a curve. i didnt get hurt but my bike did a little. I was with five other guys, and i was kind of embaressed but they assured me that it happens to the best of us. So do you belive the saying "theres those that have gone down and theres those that will go down" or not?

I've went down and hopefully it want happen again.

Like SAMBUSA I have been down on trails where there was a lot of soft sand, pinestraw or dirt and lost traction.
Went down in the parking lot at work after a light rain, did a complete 360° slowly and it must have looked pretty ridiculous and the only thing that hurt worse than my elbow was my pride - I think the whole shop saw and were like what the heck.

lowsided on a right hand curve once on the way to work......cold pavement and cold tires. Shredded my right lower fairing and skinned up my right knee pretty bad.

I went down, but not of my own doing. I was hit by another driver. I was riding alongside a GMC Yukon in traffic and while going through a right hand bend in the road he decided to change lanes without looking. Knocked me flat on my ass at about 30mph. My gear kept me safe but my poor busa didnt fare as well. $4100 in damage. He was lucky that 3 other drivers kept me from beating the piss out of him when he looked at me and said "its no big deal".

Last edited:
3 times, each time it was my own stupidity. The last 20 years have been accident free.

cheers
ken

I always smirked when I saw that popular saying about going down, thinking it would never happen to me. Then two damn deer popped out into my path and put me into a ditch. It can and will happen and it will be fast. I'm not saying it will happen to everyone but just make sure you're prepared for it gear wise....there is no excuse for not going ATGATT

I dropped a Honda 175 on a gravel strewn highway back in 1973. I highsided my ZX-9R in 2002.

I did a dumb move a few years back. Came up behind 2 vehicles on a country 2 lane who were going about 30 mph. Short straight and poking locals not being unusual, I whipped out to pass. Bout the time I got even with the SUV's front fender I noticed the van in front's left turn signal. She turned into her drive, I nailed the Nighthawk 750's front brake all the way to the grip and tried to go around with her, but no cigar. I ran the front wheel into her rear fender well at around 45-50mpg, hard enough to do $4800 worth of damage to a full size Dodge van.
Total soft tissue crush of my right leg (amazingly, no broken bones), few broken small bones in my right foot (1 surgery, several years later another pending), separated right shoulder, various aches and pains for weeks to follow, and a concussion bad enough to trigger migraine headaches ever since (thanks to a Shoei RF900 I'm alive and able to feed myself).
That was an ass whuppin' I won't soon forget.
Note to self, "don't pass cars if there's anywhere for them to turn left to".:whistle:

Last edited:
Once on my Honda MB5 as a teen, just started to rain and took a turn a little too fast and slid out. No damage to me or the bike. Had 2 very close calls, Once on my Honda V45 Sabre...I had gotten a new sweater from work and straped it down to the back seat with a bungy cord. I was on a main road doing 80+ and the sweater came off and got sucked into the back wheel and locked it up. Kept the bike up and skid for about 1/8 of a mile. Stoped , pulled out the sweater. ( people beeping at me in the middle lane )Started to ride home and felt a constant bumping in the rear, checked the tire when I got home to find a flat sopt down to the cords or the tire. If I had skid a few more feet, the tire would have blown out and I would have went down for sure. And last.. Borrowed a friends Yammaha Maxim 750 and he didnt tell me there was no back brakes... Was going really fast down a side road, tryed to stop at the END of the road. Up someones driveway and just tapped the garage door. Almost fell over but kept it up. Thank god Knock wood I was young and learned from my mistakes. I thank god everyday that Im still in one peice and nothing more has happended. Ride safe everyone. :beerchug:

Last edited:
I went down and broke 3 ribs on 05 busa and totaled it... also went on an atv and broke elbow......I'm just accident prone..:whistle:

My sixth times was last week, this time it wasn't my fault, I guess the car in the left lane wanted mcdonald really bad decide to cut right in front of me hitting me into the curb. the other time before was me goofing off.

The Bike fell after I was pushing it out of the garage, the kick stand wasn't all the way out and I walked away and she went down, hope this counts as my going down :please:

I've been down so many times I've actually envented ways of kissing the pavement! None of them was my fault though. :whistle:

not on the busa.....did in my first 30 seconds on the SV from my own stupidity my friend told me to rev it then let out the clutch to go and when I did this i quickly closed distance between me and the building across the way, so i could lay it down or hit a building....down I went and I do not regret it for a second...

Back