Patriot Guard Crash

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Dad was on his way to a soldiers funeral yesterday with a couple of his Patriot riders and a 16 yr old pulled out in front of them, one of the 3 hit her broadside... They said his handprints were in the side of the SUV she was driving..... Here is the story...

State Highway 9 in Norman reopens after car-motorcycle collision
A collision between a car and motorcycle at State Highway 9 and 156th Avenue SE in Norman sent two drivers to the hospital and closed the highway for several hours Friday morning.

The drivers of both vehicles were taken to the hospital, said Norman police Capt. Tom Easley.

Police received a call at 8:35 a.m. Friday after a westbound motorcycle collided with a car turning west onto SH 9 from 156th, Easley said. The motorcycle was driven by Roger Lane Ayers, 61, of Norman, who was transported to OU Medical Center. Ayers, who was wearing a helmet, remained in critical condition Friday with serious injuries, Easley said. The 16-year-old female driver of the car is a Norman resident. She was wearing a seatbelt and was not injured in the crash.

Police closed the highway until about 11:30 a.m. to investigate the crash, Easley said

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery to Mr. Ayers!!:please:

Was your father and the other rider(s) able to completely avoid her??

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery to Mr. Ayers!!:please:

Was your father and the other rider(s) able to completely avoid her??

Yep, she pulled right out in front of the first rider, he never even hit the brakes... The other riders space out well for just such and occurance..

Sending prayers for a complete healing for Mr. Ayers and Prayers sent to the young lady for comfort. Very glad your Dad and others are OK.

Positive thoughts sent for Mr Ayers :(

16 year old driving? Bet she was on her cell phone.

The family or Mr Ayers needs to request a cellular phone bill detail and see if any texting was going on around the time of the accident.
They really need to get strict on this, I see so many people driving and texting, surfing the web on there smart phones while driving.
If it was up to me it would be as the following.
1st offense texting and driving, 5000.00 fine
2nd offense 10,000.00 fine and a weekend in jail.
3rd offense Jail time 11month 29 days. loss of license 5 years.

If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident while texting and there are injuries.
1) Mandatory 3 months jail time and fines up to 10,000.00

If you kill someone while driving and texting..
Felon Charge, Vehicular Homicide Charges.

This needs to stop!!!!!!

Sorry to hear, Cap. I hope the rider pulls through and heals up well.

I understand that cell phones (Mostly texting) are now responsible for more traffic deaths than drunk drivers!

Kids seem to be consumed with the texting thing. Everywhere I go I always see kids texting.

sorry to hear this, prayers sent

i imagine this brought some bad memories for your dad, he could probably use someone to talk to

Texting while driving should bear the same penalty as DUI.
Here in TN, if DUI, you lose your license for a year + jail time + fine + court costs = loss of job, loss of house, loss of spouse.
In short, get caught DUI, and your life, as you know it, is GONE!!!
Should be the same for texting.

Man, I hate hearing stuff like this...

Prayers out to Mr. Ayers.

Cap, just glad your dad wasn't caught up in the fray..

Back