Now more than ever

motogp08

Registered
Well, when I thought I had a job at the Sheriff dept, I didn't wholeheartedly believe military was for me...(I still am a LITTLE wishy-washy) but I'm going to talk to a recruiter soon.

I think I'm going to go ahead and enlist. My other alternative for a job around here is fast-food (can't stand the smell), Wallmart (possible), or working as a car mechanic (uhhh, don't really see that happening).

I've always been interested in military, and never REALLY put any thought into it until this year.

Now since I'm out of an LE job until I'm 21, I really want to sign up.

I've talked about it with my family, (my mother is very supportive of this decision), my biggest problem in this is missing out on time with my mother. I'm VERY close to her, always have been.

At the same time though, she's really healthy (KNOCK ON WOOD) and I may not have anything to worry about. I don't want to in the future, if I never enlist, to think back and say "d@mn, I wish I'd enlisted at least for a few years."

I've always been so interested in military/tactical stuff, I just think it might be a waste if I never try it.

How did you guys that enlisted decide...? What was the decision maker for you? Did you ever regret it? ???

first of all, I'd say don't do it on a whim. Put a LOT of thought into that decision. It's life altering and there is no quitting.

If after putting good hard thought on the topic, if you want to join, do it. Don't make this decsion based on you mom, or friends, or anything else other than yourself.

Being in the US armed forces is a lifestyle that YOU have to live...nobody else:beerchug:

first of all, I'd say don't do it on a whim. Put a LOT of thought into that decision. It's life altering and there is no quitting.

If after putting good hard thought on the topic, if you want to join, do it. Don't make this decsion based on you mom, or friends, or anything else other than yourself.

Being in the US armed forces is a lifestyle that YOU have to live...nobody else:beerchug:

I know...it just helps to talk to friends/family about it. :)

I want to do SF, but I'm still pretty 'iffy on going active duty...but I'm almost sure I'm going reserves at least...

I'm really disappointed I didn't get my LE job...but I guess I've just gotta suck it up and move on!:banghead:

So, military service from what research I've done thus far, sounds like it might be for me...I'm still gonna give a little more time to decide.

I'm basing a lot on my work situation too...if I can't get a decent civi job, then I'll probably go active duty and try out for SF, if I can get a decent job, then I might go reserves and get a little of both...ohhhhhh, decisions decisions...:banghead: :down:

I'll tellyou right now, as a father myself, your mom wants you to do whatever you want to do in life and to find something that makes you happy. She doesn't want you to consider her in your decisions.

Well I will tell you my little story on how I enlisted in the Navy. When I was a young man I was doing all the wrong things and just so happened I got caught went to Jail and when I went in front of the Judge he gave me the best option I could have ever been given he told me "Boy you have one of two choices you can join a branch of the service or you can go to prison" So I took a moment and weighed my options did not take long and decided to go into the service. Best choice I ever made it taught me allot of things along the way and made me a better man. I could not imagine were I would be today if I would have gone the other route. I say take some time look at were you want to be in life and then map out the road to get there and if the military is in that path then there is nothing wrong with that. Just know this young man once you commit to military do not be a douche bag like some and make excuses to get out follow through and make it count you will be more respected if you follow through. :beerchug:

Personally, I wouldn't do security forces, If you want the PD when you get out, they don't care that you were SF's in the military, just that you have military discipline. I would enter into a trade that can be useful when you decide to get out, that way if the PD don't work out you'll have something useful as an alternate! When I 1st went in I was a bomb loader, retrained out of that soon as I could. Everyone that went in open general got security forces or the chow hall in my day.

Back