Special Forces

motogp08

Registered
I need help from anyone who know's anything about this...

I want to do special forces, (Army), but I'll have to go active duty for it.

I wanted to know if I could go straight into SF, or if I would have to spend 4yrs or something in the military before I could even try out for it...

Does anyone here have any knowledge on this?

I'm about > < far from enlisting in the military, and haven't had a chance to talk to a recruiter yet...and this is one of my big questions.

If anyone could help out it would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!:bowdown:

Oh, and for you guys who were trying to help me out in my other thread, I'm still planning on going reserve if I can't easily try out for SF, but if I can enlist, go through basic, and right off the bat try out for Green Berets...I'm thinking I might go into active duty...

MAN this is what I'd like to do if possibe, but I'd rather not do 8yrs in the military, THEN try for SF...I hope that's not the way they do it.

I've been looking into the Berets and ME LIKEY!!!:thumbsup::cheerleader:

you can go straight into sf I think...that's how it is with navy seals...but if youfail out, they'll put you where THEY want you...try hard hehe

Honorable Intentions!!!!

I don't know how to reply on the specific subject, but GOOD LUCK!!!

Go get 'em, tiger!

Sorry Bro, I can't answer your questions. I'm a Marine recruiter the only SF we have in our menu is FAST team & Force Recon. Try this site www.specialforces.com , or just go directly to your Army recruiter I'm pretty sure he can hook you up.

Last edited:
Honorable Intentions!!!!

I don't know how to reply on the specific subject, but GOOD LUCK!!!

Go get 'em, tiger!

Yeah, the mom is supporting me 100000% in this...and she has told me she think's that I'll be really good at it...and "if you're going to do something, don't go half azzed, DO IT and DO IT ALL THE WAY!"

That's a quote from my wonderful mother!:thumbsup:

I know in the Navy you have to cut and acceptable score on the asvab. You then have to complete the Seal Challenge in Boot camp and cut an acceptable score after that is complete and you complete boot camp yuo then I believe you are allow to go to BUDS

good luck , it`s not easy..it`s been a while and i don`t want to give you the wrong info so i`ll just say like someone said above go talk to your recruiter..

dude seriously, about a week ago you wanted to be a marine then decided against it now you want to go SF. Well here is a tidbit for you. First you enlist then you bust your azz until you are elidigible to make Sgt. Then you apply for selection if you are selected then you spend 2 weeks going through hell (mental and physical). If you make it then you go to the qualification course. This course length is dependent on yor speciality but figure about a year in school. Then you have ranger school sometime either before or after. So what I am saying is, do not plan on putting on that Green Beret until about 5 years after you enlist. Probably more like 6.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dude, ???
You don't have what it takes to be military so just forget about it.
:poke:

:whistle:

Oh yeah and talk to a recruiter so he can tell you what you wanna hear.

Last edited:
dude seriously, about a week ago you wanted to be a marine then decided against it now you want to go SF. Well here is a tidbit for you. First you enlist then you bust your azz until you are elidigible to make Sgt. Then you apply for selection if you are selected then you spend 2 weeks going through hell (mental and physical). If you make it then you go to the qualification course. This course length is dependent on yor speciality but figure about a year in school. Then you have ranger school sometime either before or after. So what I am saying is, do not plan on putting on that Green Beret until about 5 years after you enlist. Probably more like 6.
Posted via Mobile Device
thats kinda what i meant when i said it`s not easy.

The real answer is that Army Special Forces accepts enlistment contracts as of this date. This means that you can sign an enlistment contract that guarantees you the right to begin an SF program right out of boot.

In reality, you have no better chance of making it than ever. There is a reason not everyone is SF.

Even if you have the physical attributes required of SF, you must still bring something else to the table.

Be forewarned. Enlistment contracts for those persons entering the military branches with "special" skills may be voidable and/or lead to other quality and/or desired billets upon failure of the person to acquire the stipulated billet, enlistement contracts for those that don't bring something special to the table mean you do whatever they tell you to do when you fail out of the guaranteed training.

P.S. You could probably find all you needed to know with a ten second internet search. You could certainly find out anything you wanted to know by telephone with a recruiter. They don't bite (well at least most of them) and the phone call does not obligate you to anything.

P.S.S. The assumption in my first response was that you meet all other requirements for enlistment. I may have made the proverbial ass of myself.

Just make certain that "Special Forces" doesn't just mean "airborne" or "Ranger". Nothing wrong with the Rangers, not at all, but from experience the true Silent Professionals are the Green Berets, Rangers while highly effective and good at what they do are more Army Thug than Spec Ops. Tactics featuring SHOCK and Speed more than Silent and deadly... Handy if you need an Airfield secured though.

I did sleep like a baby sleeping on an airport ramp knowing that our perimeter was controlled by rangers though so by no means am I intending a slight. My point is the deep behind enemy lines winning of hearts and minds is left up to the Green Berets primarily.

FWIW I would talk to an Air Force Recruiter about Combat Controllers and Pararescue if what you are after is true gorilla tactics, and cream of the crop Spec Ops work. Besides, both the Combat Controllers and Pararescue make Green Berets look almost common based on numbers.

Pretty Sure you can do BOTH Combat Controller (FAC) and Pararescue (PJs) right outta basic training. BUT, you have to be in prime physical and mental condition and like all SOF forces you have to be of above average intelligence and temperament. (Rambo would have NEVER MADE IT)

Talk to an Air Force Recruiter and get some information before you sign anything with Army Green on it. Otherwise you might spend the next 4-8 years smacking yourself in the forehead every time you see Air Force troops "roughing it" or working side by side with the prettiest women in the military and eating the best Chow. :thumbsup:

Besides, nobody knows much about Combats Control, or Pararescue and there just aren't that many of them out there. But Day/night/HALO/LALO/fastrope/amphib/ any climate any conditions. Both Combat Control and the PJs get out there a lot. Nothing worse than being stuck with all the desire in the world to go do your real world job and no where to go...

Besides, Combat Controllers are also certified FAA Air Traffic Control. So after your 4-8 years of deployments with everyone from SEALs to Royal Commandos you'll have a legitimate shot of a starting job with the FAA at over $100K a year after some training...

So win win... Weather you decide "That Others May live" or "First There" you stand a good chance with AFSOC.

You know all those "cool" videos you see on Youtube of precision gun and bomb strikes at night against small villages and such? Well you hear a lot of chatter, but if you can sort it all out, many times you are listening to Air Crew communicating with a lone man or a couple of men behind enemy lines on the ground directing the placement of those precision munitions identifying targets etc...

Back