Not another military thread!

motogp08

Registered
Hey guys, (those of you who've followed me through my thought processes)...

I've been communicating with some here, and people in real life as well (you know what I mean...)

What is military police like? Do we have any MP members here?

My current choices are Reserve Infantry or MP, or active duty and I'll do one of those and try out for Special Forces.

I hope I don't sound TOO indecisive...but I don't want to make the wrong decision.:banghead:

Also, what branch would probably be the best to do Military Police work? (ABSOLUTELY NO FLAMING OF THE BRANCHES!)

I really appreciate all of the advice that's been given to me so far, please continue to help me through this decision...I know in the end it will be MY decision to have to make, but on the other side of the coin, it's great to be able to chat with others who've been there before me...thanks guys/gals!:bowdown:

Oh, and I'm almost FOR SURE going to do at least Reserves...so now I'm just trying to figure out what in the military I want to do in the first place...

My list of prioritizing:...

1.) Army Infantry
2.) Marine Corps Infantry (or equivalent of, I don't know for sure what you guys call them)
3.) Marine Corps MP
4.) Army MP

But I'm very open to other opinions and advice...any and ALL op/ad is appreciated!:bowdown:

Patience, young Padawan. At 3:00 in the morning, it's going to be a bit! :D

I've never been in the military but three of my younger brothers have military years. If I'm not mistaken, judging from conversations with them and others, the Army will have the most prolific MP program but better to get it first hand from one of the vets here.

Cheers!

--Wag--

If I were to do it all over again I would go for something that gave me a marketable skill on discharge.

My youngest brother is in the Air Force Security Forces. He didn't like it at first because he was just out in the cold guarding nuclear missiles in Montana or sitting in a room playing video games as backup for the guys outside. Because he was bored he volunteered to go to Afganistan with the Army. He's back now and at teh Air Force Academy doing traffic, which he enjoys.

First if your going to do the Reserve Forces, you need to see what Reserve Units are around you. I don't know of any Reserve MP Units in the Army. The Army Reserves are nearly all Tech or Training Units and the National Guard the Combat and MP Units. And if you don't know, they are Very Different. The Reserve is just that, the Active Dutys Reserves. The National Guard is a State Military which does State Emergency Duties (except at time of War). Upper Ranking is also Very Political in the National Guard (since it's Commander is the States Governor). The President has to Call up the National Guard (they have to be Nationalized for pay and legal reasons) , but the Reserve can be called up at anytime by their Sister Active Duty Unit (With Higher Command Authority).

So, First find out what Units (That's Army, Navy, Coast Guard, Marines and Air Force) are around you, then you join one of them. :thumbsup:

First if your going to do the Reserve Forces, you need to see what Reserve Units are around you. I don't know of any Reserve MP Units in the Army. The Army Reserves are nearly all Tech or Training Units and the National Guard the Combat and MP Units. And if you don't know, they are Very Different. The Reserve is just that, the Active Dutys Reserves. The National Guard is a State Military which does State Emergency Duties (except at time of War). Upper Ranking is also Very Political in the National Guard (since it's Commander is the States Governor). The President has to Call up the National Guard (they have to be Nationalized for pay and legal reasons) , but the Reserve can be called up at anytime by their Sister Active Duty Unit (With Higher Command Authority).

So, First find out what Units (That's Army, Navy, Coast Guard, Marines and Air Force) are around you, then you join one of them. :thumbsup:

Thanks a bunch!

Man, you're like a military encyclopedia...are you sure you're not a recruiter? ??? :laugh:

DACol Is right; you need to see what units are around you before you start choosing too much. And, while you are at it, also look at the upward mobility in those units. There ARE USAR MP units but you have to look for them.

While we are discussing this, BY THE WAY, I am a registered AR-RAP (Army Reserve Recruiter Assistance Program); what that means to you is that you get an advocate to help you work thru the recruiting process...what it means to me is $2000 for leading you to a USAR recruiter....interested? PM Me.

DACol Is right; you need to see what units are around you before you start choosing too much. And, while you are at it, also look at the upward mobility in those units. There ARE USAR MP units but you have to look for them.

While we are discussing this, BY THE WAY, I am a registered AR-RAP (Army Reserve Recruiter Assistance Program); what that means to you is that you get an advocate to help you work thru the recruiting process...what it means to me is $2000 for leading you to a USAR recruiter....interested? PM Me.

$2k per contract. That's pretty nice. I think the Army is the only one offering such incentive. The only incentive we offer is a 12 week paid vacation to Parris Island, South Carolina.

$2k per contract. That's pretty nice. I think the Army is the only one offering such incentive. The only incentive we offer is a 12 week paid vacation to Parris Island, South Carolina.

It was an ARNG program. The USAR copied it. There are some guys who made alot of money recruiting. I suspect, with the deteriorating economy that more people will take advantage of what the military offers and bonus programs will decrease. No sense it it going to waste! Daddy need to pay for his mods to his Busa!

As a former Navy "MP" I will tell you that the Navy is the only branch without actual MP's.

If MP is what you want, the Navy offers something similar but not an actual MP. They don't have a person in the proper position to actually have MP's.

Marketable skills = Navy Nuclear Power Program

:moon: at jefferycarman

MP here, 95B... Very cool mos.. I was mostly Infantry MP , just a little garrison with CQB training.. Now called CQC... Thers B's and wanna B's. So get an mos of 95b and then go into another ( Special Forces...:)

Back