Marine Corps

Walk in your local Marine Corps office find out if you qualify first before you keep an eye on me. I don't appreciate guys watching my arse...:laugh:

6 years as nuke grade machinist in the navy...I know I qualify...I just love pokin at the 'rines...you know the story:beerchug:

nothing but love for all who server though:bowdown:

6 years as nuke grade machinist in the navy...I know I qualify...I just love pokin at the 'rines...you know the story:beerchug:

nothing but love for all who server though:bowdown:

LOL! you got me shipmate. I know you're smart you probably got a 90+ on your ASVAB. My cousin is a nuke. Thanks for serving man.

I joined 2 days after my 17th birthday. Did the 20 years and collecting pension for the rest of my life. Its a lifestyle change. Great experience. Gave me discipline Good benefits. As other said great way to kick start your life. In fact I'm a federal worker working with Marines now. Good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

I joined 2 days after my 17th birthday. Did the 20 years and collecting pension for the rest of my life. Its a lifestyle change. Great experience. Gave me discipline Good benefits. As other said great way to kick start your life. In fact I'm a federal worker working with Marines now. Good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device
Let me guess you work in Camp Pendleton.

I didn't realize we have so much military on the .org! :eh:

Immense thanks for all of those of you who've been helping me make the decision...I really appreciate all of the help.:beerchug:

uhh... it only goes up to 99??? Who was the president when you took the ASVAB they use to call it AFQT way....way...back.

Your kidding me? when did they max it out at 99? lol

I took it around 1982 I think it was. I remember I took it when I was thinking about going into the Air Force, then decided last minute not to.

About a year later is when I decided to join the Marines and they used my ASVAB when I tool it for the Air Force. I was delayed entry for 8 months then I finally went into Marine boot camp October of 1983.

So I think it was between 1981 and 1982 when I took it.

I had tested with a few guys who scored around 40

When and what did they do to the ASVAB?

And when I took it, it was called the ASVAB, it wasnt called AFQT or whatever that is

I was told I had a pretty high score but I know I was not even close to maxing out whatever the scale was at that time.

:rofl::rofl:
Your kidding me? when did they max it out at 99? lol

I took it around 1982 I think it was. I remember I took it when I was thinking about going into the Air Force, then decided last minute not to.

About a year later is when I decided to join the Marines and they used my ASVAB when I tool it for the Air Force. I was delayed entry for 8 months then I finally went into Marine boot camp October of 1983.

So I think it was between 1981 and 1982 when I took it.

I had tested with a few guys who scored around 40

When and what did they do to the ASVAB?

I was told I had a pretty high score but I know I was not even close to maxing out whatever the scale was at that time.

:rofl: damn you are "Old Corps" I could'nt even tell you when it changed. I been in for 13 years, and thats all I know.

uhh... it only goes up to 99??? Who was the president when you took the ASVAB they use to call it AFQT way....way...back.

I am sorry, I was mistaken, it was not 119.

It was 115, I just found my paper work

I took the ASVAB-8 on October 26 1983 (that is the date on my paper work, but I was pretty sure I tool before then, they might have used that date since that was the day after I went into boot camp)

My GT/GCT was 115

My composite scores were:

GT-115
CO-126
FA-122
EL-110
MM-123
GM-115
CL-116
VE-060

ARMY RADIO CODE (ARC): SCORE - 111
DEFENSE LANGUAGE APTITUDE BATTERY: SCORE- 060
ELECTRONIC DATA PROCESSING TEST: SCORE - 035

I've been PM'ing with a member here, and I'm SERIOUSLY thinking about Marine Reserves...(MAYBE Army also), I'm getting REALLY close to a decision...:thumbsup::bowdown::beerchug:

I'd just like to make sure that noone takes any of my comments to heart. I'm sure most of the guys in here that served are able to take them properly, as I do yours. But for those posting that dont get it....like I said in the beginning of this thread, this is what we(different branches) do. We pick on each other but in the end, its all in good fun and I have nothing but respect for anyone who served in any branch. I've had family members in every branch and we all give each other hell everytime we see each other. With that being said.....I'm feeling really dumb now....knowing that I beat a marines gt score by ONLY 2 points. I must have been hung over or something,lol:poke: :beerchug:

Last edited:
Back