Women in Combat? Thoughts?

Aw hell, if I'm a distraction, that ain't my fault. Takes only a few pounds of pressure to pull a trigger so set me up 1000 yards away with my 338 Lap Mag and several hundred rounds of ammo, and I'm a happy girl. I've been in and around military my whole life and I have seen women I wouldn't take the time from, and guys who can hardly open a door. In general, I think if you can pass standards (GETTING RID OF MALE/FEMALE standard differences) then you get a chance at combat. Guys, I know you are "supposed to protect, etc" but really, if there was a soldier down wouldn't you help them regardless of their sex? As far as if a female is captured, yup, there are some horrific things that can happen. If a female chooses to be in combat, guess what, they accept that this might happen. I don't think it is any less horrific than what happened to the pilot (I think) whose body was publicly dragged around a town years ago, mutilated and set on fire and broadcast. I think this will be a debate for a long time but there are already armies that have had women in combat for decades. I was on armed boarding parties in the Coast Guard and had to earn my respect like the others but I did. Sorry to have rambled so long!

Rio

Ahhhhh talk ammo to me baby:laugh::rofl::rofl:

Right on Rio...well said

you can't really say that tho bud, there are "men" and by men I really mean boys, who are in the army who couldn't drag me out of a building if i was wounded. if you're going to impose a standard like that on females, start first on the males. the army wants you to be able to do tons of pushups and situps, and run like a flipping gazelle, but they don't put much credence in heavy lift capability. i can pick up a 185 lb soldier and toss them over my shoulder, and still maintain a decent pace for a short distance, but switch roles, and that same soldier would be better off putting a bullet in my head and then sprinting off. i mean with a full combat loadout, i'm well over 300 lbs. i know i'm not in a combat arms MOS, but i think the grunts should all be able to physically move each other in a situation like that. hell, we all should, but the army keeps recruiting skinny people who can run. hopefully the new PT test will equalize things a bit.

I would drag ya azz out but you better cover my 6 as I drag yo big azz to safety punk!:laugh::laugh:

Combat is not a situation any of us are built for, we have to train for it and adapt to it. How many men are ready for combat the day they sign up? The skills need to perform in combat are developed not pre-programmed. Do you think the VC had a problem with putting a woman on the front line? Do you think it made a difference to our soldiers the sex of the person who shot them or who they shot in a fire fight?

I am against it, but I will admit my reasons are not valid because they are based on cultural beliefs. The majority of women do not pose the physical abilities of the average man but there are a few that do just like there are some men who don’t have the physical capabilities either. For those few I say let them do it.

with all due respect(getting that out of the way)

nope, never, ever ever.

I cant see a woman running with a 240 lb soldier in a fireman carry anywhere.

Military has certain weight requirements. I would say that less than 5% off all persons in armed forced weight anything near this(in gear)! I am 74inches and my max weight was 212. So I would maybe weigh in at 230 under full gear. If I was at max weight. So I am voiding your statement as to saying women are not strong enough to care for a fallen rifleman. Plus ladyskaz is active duty and she only weights 135ish and she can pick me up and carry me (200lbs currently)

So props to any woman that stands up for herself(taking crap from all the ignorant guys) and says she can do it!

And if your some fat nasty over weight slob that is slipping thru the cracks, let it be a lazy command mostlikely, you shouldn't be out in a combat environment anyways. You should be in the gym sweating your a$$ off trying to make yourself look repectable in your uniform.

Back