Stupidity

Devil Dog

Donating Member
Registered
Just got briefed by my Sergeant Major:

One of the Marines in my unit has been charged with Felony evasion. Sometime in October, while riding with a Motocycle Club from LA.....CHP pulled them over for something(not sure what). The entire group takes off. Roughly, 15 bikes. The CHP officer ends up pursuing my Marine. S H E, led him on a chase of over 120mph. She evaded him by taking an offramp at 0ver 80mph, never even slowing down, and back to the onramp. She went right thru a red light and back to the freeway.

Here is the kicker......before the Officer attempted to pull them over, he began video recording with the camera. Although he did not get her plates, he did manage to ID hers boots, which were standard Marine Corps issue. He sent the photos to some of his Marine buddies and they sent them out....yada, yada, yada. The pics made it all the way to my unit......Busted.

She now faces Felony Evasion, and a $75,000 fine. In addition, when civil court is done with her, the Marine Corps will probably slaughter her.

DD

YIKES!
eek2.gif
That's gonna hurt...

Dayum, that's too bad... Really too bad.

The bummer of it is that it demonstrates an alarming lack of decision making abilities, a disregard for safety, and worse it reflects poorly upon the Corps. The Corps is going to cook her, and rightly so.
argue.gif

She really shouldn't have been out there anywhere with issue gear on.

Dayum, that's too bad...  Really too bad.

The bummer of it is that it demonstrates an alarming lack of decision making abilities, a disregard for safety, and worse it reflects poorly upon the Corps. The Corps is going to cook her, and rightly so.  
argue.gif

She really shouldn't have been out there anywhere with issue gear on.
+1

I don't get it they made a Positive ID on Her just by her boots I find that hard to believe if she was wearing something that is issued to every Marine. But hey if that is what got her butt caught good on the LEO's and she deserves everything she has got coming to her for running hope they fry her butt.

I don't get it they made a Positive ID on Her just by her boots I find that hard to believe if she was wearing something that is issued to every Marine.  But hey if that is what got her butt caught good on the LEO's and she deserves everything she has got coming to her for running hope they fry her butt.
Seems like a defense attorney ought to be able to get her off that.

No way a jury is going to convict. Unless they got her helmet off her on the video (positive ID), there exists potential 'reasonable doubt' which is all that's really required to acquit.

I don't get it they made a Positive ID on Her just by her boots I find that hard to believe if she was wearing something that is issued to every Marine.  But hey if that is what got her butt caught good on the LEO's and she deserves everything she has got coming to her for running hope they fry her butt.
They ID'd her as a Marine......She rides a lowered LIME GREEN ZX-6 with custom helmet....AND she has already admitted that the person in the photos was her.

Not many Lime Green ZX-6s being ridden around in SOCAL by girls with Marine Corps issue boots wearing a custom lime green helmet.

DD

Here is the thing is she is only one of the few female riders on that base....then they can narrow down the field. In my 4 years in the Corps, I never saw 1 single female rider...so they aren't that common. She is going to get the "Big Green Weenie" and I wonder if she will get a discharge?.....Maybe even a BCD..."Big Chicken Dinner".....

Stupid or not, dangerous or not, if the state's criminal authorities have a go at her why should the Corps get involved with even more sanctions? Never liked that 'double jeopardy' status that the military subjects their members to.

Seems to me that she knew the risks, made a choice and now she's gonna have to live with the aftermath of her decision. It also seems that our military expects a certain level of conduct which she should be aware of and will have to take what's coming to her from that aspect too. Don't gamble if you can't cover your bet.

They ID'd her as a Marine......She rides a lowered LIME GREEN ZX-6 with custom helmet....AND she has already admitted that the person in the photos was her.

Not many Lime Green ZX-6s being ridden around in SOCAL by girls with Marine Corps issue boots wearing a custom lime green helmet.

DD
Well, if she admitted it...then she's done.

Anyway, unless they stop you and positively ID you, that could have been NEARLY ANYONE on that bike.

That's why they take the helmet off you at traffic stops now. Could have even been her bike and her vest and her helmet...but that doesn't mean it's her.

Again, all the defense has to relay to the jury is 'reasonable doubt'.

In SD, maybe other parts of CA, the Photo Enforced red light runners on bikes don't get tickets (love letters) sent to them for this very reason. No way to prove who was actually piloting the bike.

whistling.gif

Damn, that is a bad choice.

Did she say why? Just curious, usually these actions are driven by something else.

Stupid or not, dangerous or not, if the state's criminal authorities have a go at her why should the Corps get involved with even more sanctions? Never liked that 'double jeopardy' status that the military subjects their members to.
As a military member you are held to a higher standard. Simple as that, and rightly so.

It sits uncomfortably sometimes, but everyone in the military knows it's the drill, so you better use your head and not do dumb shid.

You get a DUI, you loose your clearance, you get into any sort of trouble and your TS/SCI CNWDI etc... Is going to be suspended pending... Which means you will likely loose your fancy job, it's extremely important though, you do not someone in a compromised position with access to certain types of information...

You demonstrate a lack of common sense, a lack of judgment, or a lack of integrity that should be your azz. The civilian courts have one agenda, the Military is worried about much more important things in most cases. Mostly keeping Marines/troops alive. Poor judgment in a civilian situation is likely going to mean poor judgment in others that could get people killed.

Getting into Civilian trouble of this nature runs counter to everything the Corps expects it's Marines to hold near and dear. Shows a spooky lack of judgment, integrity, and decision making ability. As a Marine or any other active duty troop, she should have stopped dead, and dealt with it with some integrity. Failing that, after the evasion she should have reported directly to the first shirt, let the shirt or chief know that you screwed up and stepped on your poncho strings. Then follow through, although you'll get your ass kicked in civilian court still your demonstrating values that are critical to the military, and will likely save your career...

BCD is likely given the current climate and that will be all...

DD
Well, if she admitted it...then she's done.

Anyway, unless they stop you and positively ID you, that could have been NEARLY ANYONE on that bike.  

That's why they take the helmet off you at traffic stops now.  Could have even been her bike and her vest and her helmet...but that doesn't mean it's her.

Again, all the defense has to relay to the jury is 'reasonable doubt'.

In SD, maybe other parts of CA, the Photo Enforced red light runners on bikes don't get tickets (love letters) sent to them for this very reason.  No way to prove who was actually piloting the bike.

whistling.gif
Oregon's the same way with the cameras, etc.

Although its still a good reason to tuck your hair into your helmet and not wear pink gear. Can't tell if you male or female that way.

That is the ONLY thing I have against our military. When you join, you are THEIR PROPERTY! It just seems like you are giving up some of your freedom as a person to protect just that..our freedom.
I guess you would just have to be in the military to understand it.

But I am glad there are folks out there willing to serve! Thank you ALL!!

Its still ridiculous that the civil authorities can rake someone over the coals only to have the military do the same, or worse...for one incident! Not fair, no matter how high a standard is set for them. It is NOT 'rightly so' in my opinion. One crime, one punishment, period.

Back