Peace Corp

UncleSteve

Gear good - roadrash bad
Donating Member
Registered
I just watched 20/20, about how young women are raped and murdered in countries like Africa and the Peace Corp does nothing to protect them or even acknowledge the rape happened. What is going on here? If you have a child wanting to join the peace corp, I would do some serious research. It looks very bad for the peace corp.

Sounds like there a lil too peacefull.. Maybe they dont wanna anger the locals, put themselves out of work?

i dunno about that....i would love to hear their side of the story for sure. Not that i am promoting the peace cor

Not surprised. Church Mission trips are about as bad. Typically fixing up and building crack houses. What can you do ?

It is my understanding that if they interfere, they become the victims.

I watch the same show last night, peace corp still won't admit that they did not do enough to protect the women ,they put the blame on the women.

3 world country's are danger-est for any american now a days

Not surprised. Church Mission trips are about as bad. Typically fixing up and building crack houses. What can you do ?

Are the fancy, well mantained crack house's when your done?:poke:

Ohh... nevermind, ya probly dont give em back to the crackheads, I hope:laugh:

Peace Corp is by UN law not allowed to engage or defend anyone .
Sad but true. They are not peacekeepers or peacemakers.

Interesting comments, so, just what do you guys THINK :whistle: the Peace Corps is and should do ? Especially since they are an Economic Developement Org and not a Military or Police force. Their mission is to teach people how to improve their live's and life style by improving their living standards (ex: improved farming, basic education or medical and hygene for the area) :beerchug:

Perhaps a small group of Marine Corp boys could be attached to each Peace corp mission.

End of the rapes and attacks. :firing:

RSD.

To an added note, most of you don't know or understand that in 90% of the Worlds 3rd World Countries, a Woman is worth very little. A Woman is looked on as Very Sub-Servent to a Male. That's the way it is and the Peace Corp can do Very Little to change that since it's based mostly on Tribal or Religious Beliefs. And if you mess with these, then you have to leave the Country. Just a Fact of Life. And if you say, well, let's leave (that's OK) , then you have to be ready for the Country your in to say, "We'll help you on the Plane" ! Most Governments who have Peace Corps personnel couldn't care less about their people (other than their tribe or religious faction members). All they want is the $$$$ cut they receive on products being brought into the Country. And by the way, JFK (in the early 60"s) started the Peace Corp. Does anyone know of a Country that has used them and then developed to a point where they weren't needed anymore :beerchug:

I personally have no use for 3rd world countries. I say leave them to themselves to clean up their own messes. If a country is a rotting cesspool leave it that way. Let it die out in the natural progression of events.

Here in canada we have Indians,or first nations or first peoples or whatever is politically correct this week. We spend tax payer dollars to build them beautifull homes (bigger and nicer than what I have) and the first winter that comes along they tear off all the siding,interior doors,etc to burn for heat,even thou their houses are surrounded by forrest. Hit the woods in the summer,stock up on fire wood.:thumbsup: But they dont.They are lazy.They let their power and water get cut off.

In other words,they have little interest in trying to live a better life.This is of course not true for all of them,not trying to stereotype.

You want to clean up some of these african countries? Stop sending food and medicine. Send only birth control supplies. Let them get a handle on their populations,then perhaps other help.This business of having 8 kids when there is no way to support them is fuggin criminal if you ask me. Men with Aids ruggin around fuggin everything in the villiage from animals to 10 year old girls/boys has got to stop.Take them out and shoot them first. Here in North America if you knowingly have Aids and go screw someone,you go to jail for attempted murder,thats how you get rid of diseased people.

Lets help out our own first,if there's any money left over,then possibly consider helping these 3rd world countries,that sometimes dont even want our help.I personally believe they will continue down a path of distruction because of their own stupidity and/or religious beliefs,etc.

Harsh...yes. Reality...yes.

Fire away...:thumbsup:

RSD.

Well said rubbersidedown.

There is not a state in the US that doesn't have poverty in it.
To hell with 3rd world country's and the movie stars that adopt children from 3rd world country's , their are hundreds of thousands of children here in the United States that need a home.
The way I see it is if you go into a 3rd world country and get rape or murdered you got just what you deserve.
Thous people don't care about you or anyone Else

sending all these people, wasting all this time and money for horrible places where people have a history of not helping themselves, is BAD policy.

We've become a country with policy guided by polically-correctness. Shameful.

Last edited:
Back