Going to talk to the recruiter

if one soldier says it's fun getting shot at and another says it isn't. then who is correct

Believe the one who says, "IT'S NOT" ! From one who has been shot at and missed, and shot at and hit. Believe me, I wouldn't describe it as fun. Especially when you see one of your Team get hit with fatal results :(

what have i done to protect my country? long story.

ps. i believe the one who says it is fun. i guess if he got hit, especially with todays toys, he would be crying for his mum.

Last edited:
My final thought: Any and all the advice you have been given here, from members of any Branch, is worth 1000 times anything any recruiter tells you. Those guys get paid to make you believe their version of the fantasy.....be very cautious with them.

This is so true..

Rocky

might as well lock this thread.. he said himself he has pretty much made up his mind and I don't think there is much more advice that can be offered.

I joined when I was 17 & thought the same way that you do. Be warned.......if you're planning on joining any of the Special Forces, including Rangers, you will be literally running yer azz off.....5 to 7 miles at a time. I wish you the best Motogp08. :beerchug:

Were you infantry/SF?

What did you think of military service? ???

might as well lock this thread.. he said himself he has pretty much made up his mind and I don't think there is much more advice that can be offered.

That may be, but advice is good whether I've made a decision or not. No need to lock the thread yet, and with all due respect...if you're tired of it, you don't have to look at it...;)

No I'm completely fine with it. The thread itself just looked like it was going to take a turn for the worst :laugh:. Wasn't directed towards you :thumbsup:

No I'm completely fine with it. The thread itself just looked like it was going to take a turn for the worst :laugh:. Wasn't directed towards you :thumbsup:

Cool, no hard feelings.

If they want to bicker and fight they can do it elsewhere, rainbow started it by bashing our country...maybe I need to call Rev, do I hear a reset coming?...:rofl: Sorry, inside joke, I don't know if you were there or not for that one. Sorry if not.:whistle::beerchug:

Served over 6 yrs. Army as a Cavalry Scout, could've gone SF, but had young kids at the time, so it wasn't for me. If I could do it all over again, I would've gone Air Force SF. Yes, the air force has a SF unit. All of the armed services have great SF units and they all respect one another (the SF community is very professional and close knit). The difference with the air force is they get the most money to spend on toys, and having worked with a few SF units in my day, I can tell you that they had the best. You'll also live more comfortable when you're not training, because the air force has the best dining and living facilities as well as some of the best looking women. It may be harder to get into, but in my opinion it'll be worth it.

If this is really something that you want to do, then I'd also suggest that you go active duty first and then go reserves to finish out your 8 yr. obligation. I joined up during the first Gulf War, but I didn't go due to it being over with so fast. I have my complaints about the military, but I have a lot of great stories to tell my kids and everywhere I go people can tell that I am a vet. I have friends in the three letter agencies, Somalia vets, and Ranger instructors that I'm all proud of. You already seem like you have the heart. Now it's just taking all the advice you received, making a decision, and mentally preparing yourself for the challenge. Whatever you do, remember it's more of a mental thing and good luck to you.

Back