Nissan titan - ford f-150

Bill -

How many Ford, Dodge, or GM trucks do you see with lift kits and big tires?  They don't have the rear end failure issues the Nissan does.  I understand how larger wheels/tires can put more strain on the drivetrain, but the rear end would see much greater loads during heavy towing.  I don't see how a lift kit would stress the rear end in any way other than possible increased wind resistance.  The changes Nissan made are simply band-aids and don't address the root cause which is an inferior rearend.
A lift kit wouldn't put stress on the rear end. Changing the diameter of the tires to accomadate the lift tears them up. Doing this puts more stress on rear end than what towing does.

the nissan gets 27mpg on the hiway and the f150 gets 18 so there is going to be the selling point for me.
Someone lied to you!
rock.gif

the nissan gets 27mpg on the hiway and the f150 gets 18 so there is going to be the selling point for me.
Someone lied to you!  
rock.gif
This is actual mileage that i have gotten in the frontier.on four different occasions.from odessa tx to shreveport louisiana.strictly hiway and not a lot of stop and go traffic. also not running a/c because i only travel at night.
We've not been talking about the frontier.

Then why is it there is a Honda transmission plant 20 minutes from my house. An engine plant an hour from the house. There's also an assembly plant about and hour and a half away.

My Pop has a Nissan Titan and I love that thing! Wish I could afford one just like his. Four door with leather and loaded. I drove it to Florida a couple weeks ago and it drove and rode like a nice car!

Someone lied to you!
rock.gif
This is actual mileage that i have gotten in the frontier.on four different occasions.from odessa tx to shreveport louisiana.strictly hiway and not a lot of stop and go traffic. also not running a/c because i only travel at night.
We got around 18mpg in Pop's Titan...

Back