Ford Employee Pricing..

Ford Employee Pricing.. - wait or pull the trigger?

• Buy now.

Votes: 36 100.0%

• Total voters
Hard to beat the 0% 72 months going on from GM right now. Might be trading the wife's G35 coupe in for a new Pontiac Solstice with the 260HP turbo. At 0% for 72 it's hard to beat.
r u serious? G35 for Solstice?
puke.gif

It's funny you mention Toyota. I have been looking at the Tacoma model. Never heard a bad thing about them and resale seems to hold.
There is a reason their value holds better.....

Because they last longer and are built better as a whole.
winkold.gif

Personally I think the NEW Toyota Tacoma is a great looking truck. I'd buy one.
Not now , not in these gas price economic downturn times....no way in hell.
I just sold my SUV and bought a Lexus instead. I don't need a truck that bad.

Personally I think ONLY $5,000 off MSRP is a joke......they will drop a WHOLE hell of
alot more bubba......trust me. Just be patient and wait. Truck sales are in the sh**ter
right now and it's only going to get worse. If I were you I'd buy one USED and reap the
benefits of the SLUMP market on those. Buy one 1-3 years old with just 15K - 30K on it.
You will probably save $15K or $20K on it because no one will offer them a decent trade
in value because dealers won't take them.
winkold.gif

winkold.gif

I say do not buy, if your gonna make payments.. Average car payment is 475 dollars, so 1 in 3 cars on the road are carrying a 475 dollar note.. Why not pay your self that 475 into a IRA and drive a used good truck for a few years that is paid for? In as little as 10 years with you will be able ot buy a brand new truck in cash,, and you get better deals if you flash the green..

Oh and on a side note... As long as new movies are making millions of dollars every weekend, as long as video games are selling millions of copies of the newest shoot em game, so long as fast food places are raking in the cash,, gas prices are not to high!!!

The new model years are soon to be released. 08's should be a better buy.

I'll sit back and wait/watch the market. I talked with a guy at work and he stopped to look at new cars. Said it was pathetic how the salesman hounded him on the lot.

r8

To be totally honest, I don't think it's wise to buy ANY vehicle brand new myself.

Let the first BIG depreciation factor hit the 1st buyer.
I like to come in at around 25K on the clock and 1/2 off the MSRP.
I'm 34 now and I STILL will never buy anything new.

My first 2 bikes are the ONLY things I've ever bought brand new.
Even my Harley I got 1 year old with $3,000 of add on's for $2,000
under MSRP with 4600 miles on it.

As far as Lincoln's go.....there's a reason they don't retain their value well.
shutup.gif

Matter of fact I think they are the worst of the "Luxury" category for value retention.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
AM -->
runeight @ Jun. 30 2008 said:
1463247[/ATTACH] AM]
shutup.gif

Matter of fact I think they are the worst of the "Luxury" category for value retention.
No kidding. They drop fast huh?

r8
They're a Ford basically with upgrades.

What do you think?? Lincoln's are horrible.
Check their Vehicle Dependability Surveys
and Edmunds consumer reviews......

They only offer 2 cars and 2 SUV's IIRC nowadays....

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

They had better deals than this last year. Im pretty sure the rebate was $5000 this time last year and any body can get EP if you work it a little bit. I remember going to Akins Ford in Winder GA and looking at a black extended cab F-150 SXT. It had the 4.8L V8, Automatic, and power everything. The sticker was $27,000 and some change. Short story short, I was going to get it for $18,000 give or take out the door. I started to buy it but with gas prices going up I just couldn't do it. Glad I didn't.

the Ford stealerships here in town are offering 11,000 off some 15,000 total, using incentives and employee pricing of course

It's funny you mention Toyota. I have been looking at the Tacoma model. Never heard a bad thing about them and resale seems to hold.

A truck? This is what I want when I retire. Do all vehicle as it will be the only vehicle. A four door crew cab with a short bed and all the whistles.  
thumb_up.gif

The only one not holding back there new release is Dodge. They are going full boat with there new 09 model. They are sweet looking.  
cool.gif

Thanks for the replies. I feel it will get worse before it gets better. We will know in November.

r8
My '06 Tacoma 4x4 has been flawless and tows 6500lbs almost every weekend. I am thinking about trading up to a new Tundra, but kind of straddling the fence right now.

I voted OTHER, and here's why:

It's a Found On Road Dead.

Out of the four ford trucks I have owned, I wound up having the trucks spend more time getting recalls done. Also, I had three engines replaced, all under warranty.

Not to mention what my Ford stock is worth now....
guns.gif

shutup.gif

No kidding. They drop fast huh?

r8
Hummmmmmmmmmm
winkold.gif
, I put 365,000 miles on a Town Car with NO PROBLEMS and 100,000 miles on an LS with NO Problems
ThumbsUp.gif
. Our Caddie
sadnews.gif
, well at 65,000 the front end had to be rebuilt ( at a tune of $6,000
pissed.gif
) and at 90,000 miles, maintance and repair cost were in the $12,000 range
cursin.gif
. Same with my Vettes
dunno.gif
 , if I didn't like them so much, I would buy a Mustang
laugh.gif

Back