How to combat high fuel prices

Busasweety

Registered
We have figured of our fleet of Vehicles....
Nissan Xterra
Ford 1 ton van (work van)
Gmc Safari mini van (gutted out work van)nick name "the junk truck"
2- Hayabusa's

Gas mileage stinks on our trucks, except on the bikes....but ofcourse Busa gets say 40mpg divide that by 2 bikes running the same time is now @20mpg....still better than our regular vehicles..but we can't drive them everyday..
We then analized our fuel bill average per month and it's astonishing
bs.gif
!!! Tips well over $600 a month.
banghead.gif
...So with that money flyin out the window....we analized our needs like everybody else does and decided to make a change
idea3.gif
face7.gif
idea3.gif

A new car is the cheaper way to save money...TRADEIN the Xterra...(only vehicle with a payment)
EXAMPLE:
Our biggest non changing drive is to pickup my kids everyother weekend... 175 mile roundtrip (4 hrs). In the existing vehicles this would cost us @ $45 a run/ twice a month...$90 a month
The NEW car !!!!!! $13 a run/ $26 a month.....saving $65 on ONE item of running..
This savings offsets the monthly payment increase of the new car.

You got to do what you got to do !!
2cents.gif

Bought this little baby in FEB... and averaging 43mpg highway...

trailor_003__2_.jpg

idea3.gif

My neighbor has one and man its looking better and better everyday with these gas prices going north nice little car you got
beerchug.gif
thumb_up.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

That's why I'm holding on to the Del Sol.. 14 years and running good... KNOCK ON WOOD!!! 30+ mpg

Our Yukon gets better mileage than our new Titan. But neither one is driven every day. Thank the Lord we both have company vehicles.
bowdown.gif

I typically am driving a rental most weeks, drive my avalanche to/from the airport and get a month usually before I have to fill up... even longer if I stay out over the weekends
cool.gif

the girlfriend drives the suburban every day, think last month she put over $800 in the tank
wowold.gif
I've thought of getting something smaller, heard the pirus can be "hacked" and actually get way better, 80-90mpg true/real milage under normal conditions. If I find that to be the case, I'm probably gonna join the greener folks and own one
beerchug.gif

Back