Ford Employee Pricing..

Ford Employee Pricing.. - wait or pull the trigger?

• Buy now.

Votes: 36 100.0%

• Total voters

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Ford is trying to move trucks. Figures since sales are down 50% on all trucks regardless of manufacture.

My step Father gave me a call and said employee pricing and in some areas up to a $3000.00 cash back. Not sure of financing options as 0% is what I'm looking for.

At any rate looking for my retirement truck this year or next. Ford is holding off on 2009 release, Nissan is in the dumper and Toyota's are also moving slow. Average "lot time" on some models approaches 140 days.

What to do..oh what to do. I priced a loaded Ford F-150 on line. Over $5000.00 off MSRP.

r8

I say hold off, unless you are really itching for one. Then go for it. I hear rumor that gas prices are starting to come down though... but I don't know if I should listen to that bird or just shoot it

I say hold off, unless you are really itching for one.  Then go for it.  I hear rumor that gas prices are starting to come down though... but I don't know if I should listen to that bird or just shoot it
Even if prices fall the general public is already affraid. They are dumping the SUV, trucks etc. and going with the Al Gore theroy. (which is scary)

Sales might pick up a little but gas will always be a factor. I ran a poll on here about what is spent on fuel per month. It was shocking to say the least.

It will never be the same from this point on. I feel trucks will be on the back burner at most dealerships as the "think green" is where they are making money.

I don't need one at this time. Just waiting for the right time whatever that is.
rock.gif

r8

I know they are talking about a bunch of "green" enhancements to the ford product line, might be worth holding back. They have these things sitting on the lots, they will for a while and probably be looking to unload them once they approach 200+ days. The real thing to find, what is their cost to keep the truck at X days out from delivery. Thats the time to steal one from them
beerchug.gif

Do you really NEED a pick-up? Of so, for what purpose?

A durable car with a receiver hitch may be able to do everything you need a truck for.

Wait till the end of the model year to get the best deal. Here they are advertising for over 10K off msrp right now. If you really want a truck it is as good of a time to get one as there has been in the last 20 years. The downside is once you buy it it is almost worthless. I have heard of several dealers recently that will not take any V8 in on trade right now. I tried to trade my truck end of summer last year and was offered 5K below KBB average wholesale. My truck is spotless and well below average mileage with lots of extras but is 4X4.
Also before you consider Toyota you might want to do some research as they are having serious quality issues of late.

Wait till the end of the model year to get the best deal. Here they are advertising for over 10K off msrp right now. If you really want a truck it is as good of a time to get one  as there has been in the last 20 years. The downside is once you buy it it is almost worthless. I have heard of several dealers recently that will not take any V8 in on trade right now. I tried to trade my truck end of summer last year and was offered 5K below KBB average wholesale. My truck is spotless and well below average mileage with lots of extras but is 4X4.
Also before you consider Toyota you might want to do some research as they are having serious quality issues of late.
Where'd you get Toyota?
dunno.gif
poke.gif

I have a 1997 f-150. The money I spend on gas is scary.. I drive back and forth to work for a total of 25 miles. And spend 70.00 to 80.00 a week. When I first got the truck that would be almost a months worth.

Wait till the end of the model year to get the best deal. Here they are advertising for over 10K off msrp right now. If you really want a truck it is as good of a time to get one as there has been in the last 20 years. The downside is once you buy it it is almost worthless. I have heard of several dealers recently that will not take any V8 in on trade right now. I tried to trade my truck end of summer last year and was offered 5K below KBB average wholesale. My truck is spotless and well below average mileage with lots of extras but is 4X4.
Where'd you get Toyota?
dunno.gif
poke.gif
I know he is talking about Ford but...just in case!!!

"At any rate looking for my retirement truck this year or next. Ford is holding off on 2009 release, Nissan is in the dumper and Toyota's are also moving slow. Average "lot time" on some models approaches 140 days."

It's funny you mention Toyota. I have been looking at the Tacoma model. Never heard a bad thing about them and resale seems to hold.

A truck? This is what I want when I retire. Do all vehicle as it will be the only vehicle. A four door crew cab with a short bed and all the whistles.
thumb_up.gif

The only one not holding back there new release is Dodge. They are going full boat with there new 09 model. They are sweet looking.
cool.gif

Thanks for the replies. I feel it will get worse before it gets better. We will know in November.

r8

If you get a F150 "with all the whistles" make sure you get the front end leveled. About a $300 kit from several companies(mine is Skyjacker). Makes a world of difference in the looks in my opinion. Keeps it from looking like it is going downhill sitting on flat ground. Just for an example click me

Just wait another couple month. You can get buy 1 get 1 free deal. That`s what they are right now here in Denver. Crazy.

I bought Honda Ridgeline 2 month ago, $7500 of sticker. About $3500 less dealer invoice.

Are you dead set on brand new?? The best recommendation I can make to anyone is to find a used one with low miles on it. I used to sell cars for a living and remember a few of the tricks. One should be able to find an 07 or 08 model right now with super low miles on it, especially with all the people dumping the trucks for smaller veh's. If you find one like this you still have factory warranty, just someone else took that big initial depreciation hit for you. You should also still be able to get very attractive financing rates if you plan to finance as interest rates are low and banks and credit unions usually rate these veh's same as a brand new one. I'd be willing to bet it would be more attractive than any factory incentive or employee pricing on a brand new one.

My thoughts
winkold.gif
!! If you hold off and their stocks go down, then they have NO reason to give great deals. Now that their Stocks are High and NO ONE is buying, it's a buyers market. Just like housing is now in Beach Areas
laugh.gif

Hard to beat the 0% 72 months going on from GM right now. Might be trading the wife's G35 coupe in for a new Pontiac Solstice with the 260HP turbo. At 0% for 72 it's hard to beat.

Hummmmmmmmmmmm
winkold.gif
, just saw the New Lincoln
ThumbsUp.gif
 ! I'am really thinking about buying one for my Wife (in BLACK of course
blonde.gif
) ! Wonder, what kind of discount they are giving us Lincoln Guys
dunno.gif
. Probably just a GIGANTIC
rofl.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif