Nissan titan - ford f-150

Saxoplay

Donating Member
Registered
Sorry, everyone. I know that maybe this isn't the place for this but I figured some of you likely have one of these trucks. I'm in the market for a truck to tote my bike around, among other things. I've narrowed it down to the Titan and the F-150. Those of you that have either one of these, if you could chime in with your review/opinion as to which one to go with, I'd appreciate it much!!

My vote is for the F-150 but then again, I am biased (pics of my trucks below). '01 Lightning

<!--EDIT|kromdom
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148995274 -->

967_92_2354.jpe

and the other: an '01 HD F-150.  However, I really like the aggressive look/stance of the TITAN.

<!--EDIT|kromdom
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148995767 -->

967_92_1890.jpe

I have a 2006 Ford F-150 and love it. Although I sell Fords for a living, I would still be driving a Ford truck if I didn't. The F-150 is not only the best selling truck for 28 years streight, it's the best selling vehicle period! Must be a reason. I have a DVD that compares the F-150 to all the others that I would be glad to send out to you today if it will help you to make a decision. Just PM me your addy. Also if you do decide on the Ford, I will be glad to help you with the information you need to work the best possiable deal at your local dealer. I can be reached at 816-454-4200. Hope this helps you, Hal Cason

<!--EDIT|GSXcite
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148998046 -->

I rode with Hal (GSXcite) to the Bash. It definitely rides and drives nicely! Even has a kick-azz sound system!

FWIW - Jinskter just bought a Titan - here's his thread on it:

I've riden in a F-150 and i'll tell you that it feels like your riding in a car! Its quiet, smooth and has alot of power for a big truck. The one i rode in was a crew cab too and the back seat was big enough to fit 3 full grown men! I've heard nothing but bad things about the Titan... lots of recalls and little problems with them.

I miss my truck... (my vote would be a Ford)  I still just like the looks of them.  However, I have been noticing more Titans on the road...sorry I am not helping your decision any!!

Webshots.com Links Do Not Work

I work in the automotive industry (GM), so let me give you my observations between these two trucks. The F-150 has set the new benchmark for interiors in trucks, it has kinda revolutionized the market for refinement. The Titan (and Nissan in general but they are improving) uses a lot of plastic in their interiors kinda like a saturn but they have a great powertrain and you will pay for it in gas.

I believe the F-150 will be the better choice due to overall refinement, comfort, and resale value. But in the end, it is up to you. Can I also recommend the new Avalanche and tahoes? I have to have a plug in for them
smile.gif

I just recently bought an 2006 Titan. I too was deciding between F-150 and Titan. Ultimately what it came down to for me was two things. The back seat room of the Titan is considerably better than the F-150. Also, I got all the options I wanted (tow package, step rails, extended warranty, floor mats, chrome accents) for about $2300 less than I could on the Ford. Another thing to consider is that the Titan has the second highest resale of full size trucks right now, second to the much smaller and less powerful Toyota Tundra. After three Months in the Titan, I have been very happy with it. Great Power, Great Looks, Great Sound, and easily fits my busa in the bed...!

My $.02

Another thing to note... i guy that i work with just moved down here to north Texas from North Dakota. He used his crew cab F-150 to tow over 2000 lbs of stuff all the way down here and he still averaged 17mpg!! I was like wow! Not bad for a huge v-8 engine.
wow.gif

I vote for the 1985 Chevy full size with a brand new 350.
I love my truck!!!
laugh.gif

In all honesty I wont buy another "American" (for lack of a better term) made vehicle.

I'll Keep my X5 and an enclosed trailer.

I have the F-150 with the tow package (2004). I love the truck, but I wish I had gotten the Triton 5.4 liter instead of the 4.6 with 235 hp. Get the F-150 with the 5.4 and you'll be happy.

Another thing to note... i guy that i work with just moved down here to north Texas from North Dakota. He used his crew cab F-150 to tow over 2000 lbs of stuff all the way down here and he still averaged 17mpg!! I was like wow! Not bad for a huge v-8 engine.
wow.gif
That's absolutely awesome, but I'm afraid that not every F150 gets numbers like that. My father's 04' F150 SuperCrew only gets 16mpg average on the hwy EMPTY! When towing anything, that drops down to under 10mpg. City average is 12mpg.

I've got an 04 F150 FX-4 and most of what I would say has already been said above.

Check this out:

http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/f150/truth/

It is a Ford propoganda tool, but I haven't seen anybody else present something that suggests it isn't accurate. Make sure you see the road test stuff. You can draw your own conclusions from the videos they show.

I racked my brains out buying a truck 4 months ago,and after looking and driving every truck (fullsize) out there,i bought an 03 F150 supercrew off road 5.4 tritan!! Wow what a truck loads of power,and handles like a car,super smooth and quit cab.Just go to a truck lot and tell the salesman to grab all the truck keys and drive them all, thats what i did! Good luck and keep us posted.

I've never ridden in a Titan, but I have an '05 f-150 with the 5.4 liter gas engine. It has plenty of power. Mine is an extended cab which rides a little more rough than the super crew. It is also very quiet as some have mentioned. Judging from Jinkster's post about his new Titan, I would say you can get a better price on a Ford. Mine had a sticker price of just over $30,000 and I was able to get it for around $24,000, and this was before the price of gas went way up. Fopr fuel mileage, the only time I ever checked it was when I drove up to North Carolina pulling a trailer with two bikes on it, I got 15 mpg. I'm sure it will do better with no trailer. Did I mention that it has plenty of power?

post-8-13311-tn_100_3942.jpg

Kevin

<!--EDIT|Relsek
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149037970 -->

I had a 2004 Ford F150 Supercrew 4x4 5.4 triton. While it does ride good and was very quiet, I ended up getting rid of it because of several factors, one of which were the problems I had with it (First year model, but 06 models still had alot of the same probs). It never really seemed to have the advertised power (alot of guys were getting good results with tuners), the rearend was rebuilt at 6k miles and was starting to act funny at 12k miles, the brakes went out one day at 730 miles and then magically never did it again, and there is a major issue (IMHO) with the 5.4 3v spark plugs rusting into the head and shearing off when trying to change them. Many on the forems also had a severe vibration issue, but mine was very smooth on the highway and around town. Aside from this it did drive nice and had a great interior and still got 18 MPG on the interstate with a 2" lift in the front. I know they were having problems with the Titan rearend and now see them with cooling fins on the diff pumpkin, but man are those diffs. small....Good luck!!! :)

defy go with the f-150. it has great towing manners at highway speeds i almost forgot i was pulling a trailer. my trailer is a 6.5x10 utility style. i really miss my expedition that i had........ a4wd, triton 5.4l, and factory air suspension.. not to mention is was extra roomy and comfy. i say ford hands down.

I had a 2004 Ford F150 Supercrew 4x4 5.4 triton.  While it does ride good and was very quiet, I ended up getting rid of it because of several factors, one of which were the problems I had with it (First year model, but 06 models still had alot of the same probs).  It never really seemed to have the advertised power (alot of guys were getting good results with tuners), the rearend was rebuilt at 6k miles and was starting to act funny at 12k miles, the brakes went out one day at 730 miles and then magically never did it again, and there is a major issue (IMHO) with the 5.4 3v spark plugs rusting into the head and shearing off when trying to change them.  Many on the forems also had a severe vibration issue, but mine was very smooth on the highway and around town.  Aside from this it did drive nice and had a great interior and still got 18 MPG on the interstate with a 2" lift in the front.  I know they were having problems with the Titan rearend and now see them with cooling fins on the diff pumpkin, but man are those diffs. small....Good luck!!!
smile.gif
The brakes and the tune were both TSB issues on the '04, both corrected by the time my '05 was made. I gained a lot of information from the f-150 forum

Back