Nice day riding BUT guess what happened?

Sat or Sunday? I would have like to have gone along maybe.

This was a Nashville meetup ride was it?

No Keith,
This was a new group of guys we met thru Barry a guy that rode up to Burkesville with us up here local. We haven't been down with the Nashville guys in a while, just don't feel like slabbing it 80 miles to get there in this heat and then running all day and then slabbing all the way back. Besides with stands up at 8 or so we gotta get up 5-6 to get ready and that makes for a long day in the heat.
This group we met at Flying J out on 41A & 24 Kentucky side and went back way up to Trace and down to Dover then down to 232 around up to Paris Landing for some grub, then back down thru Indian Mound Woodlawn area. With the wreck we went out about 9ish got back around 3-4. Nice being able to tear it up some and be closer to home when done you know. Just sucks when you get done really riding and your beat from the heat and then you know you got another hour at least slabbing it in the hottest part of the day.

The engine size of the bike has no bearing on whether or not the poor bloke fell down in a corner. Probably wasn't going over 50 mph and even a moped on a down hill grade will do 50. A 600 will top a buck sixty with the liter bike reaching a buck eighty. You are just as dead at 160 as you are at 180. What difference would it have made to crash on a 600?

The poor bloke did exactly what every other inexperienced rider does when they panic in a corner, he stood it up and ran straight off the corner. How do I know that you ask? Because the bike was upright when it left the pavement according to the photos. If it were leaned over as it should have been the bike would have been down in an easy get off most likely without the colar bone damage.

For you guys who have little experience at crashing, it's a much easier get off to keep the bike leaned as far as possible when it leaves the pavement. This assures a very short distance between you and the pavement. As well, you are more likely to get through the corner on two wheels and never fall if you just lean as far as you can and hang on. Once you stand the bike up you are destine to crash and a get off from the full upright position is much more likely to result in broken bones. It's not corner speed, panic is what seals your destiny! :beerchug:

No Keith,
This was a new group of guys we met thru Barry a guy that rode up to Burkesville with us up here local. We haven't been down with the Nashville guys in a while, just don't feel like slabbing it 80 miles to get there in this heat and then running all day and then slabbing all the way back. Besides with stands up at 8 or so we gotta get up 5-6 to get ready and that makes for a long day in the heat.
This group we met at Flying J out on 41A & 24 Kentucky side and went back way up to Trace and down to Dover then down to 232 around up to Paris Landing for some grub, then back down thru Indian Mound Woodlawn area. With the wreck we went out about 9ish got back around 3-4. Nice being able to tear it up some and be closer to home when done you know. Just sucks when you get done really riding and your beat from the heat and then you know you got another hour at least slabbing it in the hottest part of the day.

No kidding. That's why I've had a hard time trying to make that ride, althought I'd like to see what their roads look like. If its not a bunch of hooligans, next time you have something like that send me a PM. I was down around Excel.

No kidding. That's why I've had a hard time trying to make that ride, althought I'd like to see what their roads look like. If its not a bunch of hooligans, next time you have something like that send me a PM. I was down around Excel.

Send me a PM too I don't mind riding early to a meet up. I rode with the Nashville guys once, I really don't want to see anyone die trying to split lanes with oncoming traffic so I have not ridden with them since. Just sucks because they are very talented they just need to get a little more sense when riding. The best part I am only 45 mins from thier meeting spot.

Send me a PM too I don't mind riding early to a meet up. I rode with the Nashville guys once, I really don't want to see anyone die trying to split lanes with oncoming traffic so I have not ridden with them since. Just sucks because they are very talented they just need to get a little more sense when riding. The best part I am only 45 mins from thier meeting spot.

You must have rode on the west side ride with those guys out of Liepers Fork.??? Cause I have rode with the east side guys quite a few times and they are mostly older guys but they can ride and I have never seen anyone splitting lanes like that or doing stupid stuff. Grant it if you want to call running a 30 mph country road at triple the posted limit but safely to run the twisties and have fun or pass on a double line when safe to go around granny going to Kroger safely(not buzzing them at 100) OR let her stretch her legs on a good long straightaway or anything like that reckless or dangerous then you wouldn't like them either. But other than having a good time riding as a group they are a good bunch of guys.

Same as the guys we met up here local last weekend except for squidly here that went down, all the rest seemed to have their stuff together pretty good and rode within their limits. Of course we all have those pucker moments every now and then when riding and new road and something sneaks up on you. Doesn't matter how careful you ride it happens. And it seems no matter where you go or whom you end up riding with there is always seems to be one to find their way into the group, but that's where the ride YOU OWN ride comes into play. You have to either let them pass and go on their way or put them behind you and wish them luck. Were all big boys & girls here I hope, and should be able to decide that for ourselves. If not then you must pay the piper for the song he played you. :thumbsup:

Yes, there will always be "that" guy...

Kevin, any progress with that grab bar?

I was out on 49 on my Harley with my wife last weekend (not this past one), just taking it easy. When we went over the Ashland City Bridge, there was a mess of sportbikes parked on the side of the road resting (a scene out of 'Bad Boyz")...when I went by, I said to my wife "there is gonna be trouble here". We ride about half-way to Charlotte, she gets tired of the seat and wants to turn around and come back. About halfway back they go flying by, and I sit and watch one squid (in shorts, t-shirt and a big mohawk on his helmet no less) go BETWEEN two cars and a double yellow line. A half mile behind them and there's a state trooper, with the rest of the bikes bottled up behind him, driving slow - and a half mile behind that, a county sheriff hauling azz. I suspect there was a traffic stop in the making - too many sportbikes on a too-well traveled road. I know Rollinz knows EXACTLY what road I'm talking about :laugh:

Yes, there will always be "that" guy...

Kevin, any progress with that grab bar?

I was out on 49 on my Harley with my wife last weekend (not this past one), just taking it easy. When we went over the Ashland City Bridge, there was a mess of sportbikes parked on the side of the road resting (a scene out of 'Bad Boyz")...when I went by, I said to my wife "there is gonna be trouble here". We ride about half-way to Charlotte, she gets tired of the seat and wants to turn around and come back. About halfway back they go flying by, and I sit and watch one squid (in shorts, t-shirt and a big mohawk on his helmet no less) go BETWEEN two cars and a double yellow line. A half mile behind them and there's a state trooper, with the rest of the bikes bottled up behind him, driving slow - and a half mile behind that, a county sheriff hauling azz. I suspect there was a traffic stop in the making - too many sportbikes on a too-well traveled road. I know Rollinz knows EXACTLY what road I'm talking about :laugh:

You didn't see your buddy in the pick-up did you? :laugh: If so did you pass him and give him a wave? Again... :rofl:

You are so right Rollin20z about how these folks ride here. I see you are in Clarksville also. I have only been here a little over a month now and told the wifey the other. Ba my baby may be not be seeing so much of me while we are here because these cats up here don't respect the machine at all. I would with some guys down 41A and one of them just kept trying to wheelie in the middle of traffic. Then when you try to talk to them it's like talking to a brick wall.

You are so right Rollin20z about how these folks ride here. I see you are in Clarksville also. I have only been here a little over a month now and told the wifey the other. Ba my baby may be not be seeing so much of me while we are here because these cats up here don't respect the machine at all. I would with some guys down 41A and one of them just kept trying to wheelie in the middle of traffic. Then when you try to talk to them it's like talking to a brick wall.

Treelimb,
We'll have to hook up and do some riding sometime. Buddy and I sometimes get up with a couple different groups and ride some back roads around the area. Sometimes just pick a destination and point the bike in the general direction and find a way there. Either way we just like to get out and put down some miles on the bikes. :thumbsup:

Have no fear Treelimb, there are a few of us old fogey Busa Riders around here :)

Have no fear Treelimb, there are a few of us old fogey Busa Riders around here :)

No doubt, I was talking with the guy who just bought my 06 Burgandy Busa the other day. And we were talking about the rep of the bike, even though he was an colored guy,african american however you want to say it not to offend anyone and it came up how the Busa gets the rap as being the colored guys straight line blinger. But you know in all reality they seem to be owned by more older white guys then any others. :laugh: Not too long ago I was at Hooters with some friends on bikes and when we got ready to leave a young guy came up to me and asked if that was my bike(busa), and I looked at him straight faced while still like scanning the outside table area and said " No, I'm just trying to figure out who own's it cause when their not looking I'm taking this b#tch" , and he gave me such a holy sh*t look like you wouldn't believe and my buddy started rolling and I finally fessed up it was mine and he looked relieved and said he wasn't picturing me(I guess being older) on this kind of bike. Come on, heck I'm only 43 not like I was 60 with a cane or something.
Just goes to show you the stigma that gets attached to the Big Dawg.:laugh:

Back