Nice day riding BUT guess what happened?

Rollin20z

Registered
Need a hint?? :laugh:

Not me but a buddy and I rode with a new group of guys today. Mostly younger and military on different variety of sports even a guy on a victory which actually didn't do to bad :laugh: army girl on kawi 500 just starting but had enough sense to ride her own ride and go slow. Everyone was told as always to ride your own ride but this guy was on a GSXR1000 and had only been on a bike since April and it was one of those he thought he could keep up with everyone else just because the bike could.

I actually started mid pack to try and feel out the younger guys on the lighter bikes, didn't want to be the old guy holding everyone else up and having to wave them by. :whistle: Was working my way up thru the pack and when I was behind this guy he made me nervous, checking up , trying to stand it up in the turns you know the signs. Anyways we started getting to a little more technical stuff and he seemed to back off some so I figured maybe he felt a pucker moment and realized he needed to slow down a bit. So after a bit I went on around and down the road and it wasn't a mile after that there was a sharp left hander downhill which almost turned back onto itself and as soon as I took it I had a bad feeling in my gut, don't ask me why but I just did. After that it was just back to reeling it the front group that got away a little earlier. Guess I'm old but not as slow as I think sometimes. :laugh: About 10-15 miles down the road while waiting at a stop sign for the guys and girl pulling up the rear I was asking about that guy and expressing my concerns figuring if they knew him maybe he would listen to them. As we were talking I get a text"turn around there's been a wreck" as soon as I got it I knew who it was and exactly where it was. On that turn and damn if it wasn't and it was him. By time we got back Cops & EMT were already on scene. Luckily he was ok just a smashed up collar bone, no bones thru skin but you could see them trying to get out. only got pics of scene really as he was being loaded when we got there. Take notice of all the big rocks in the ditch, I think he missed most of them but the bike found them. Anyways other than that, had a helluva ride today as the big ole fat straight line only busa was in the front thru the twisties.:laugh:

Funny part was when the cop starting getting all his info he walked up to this other guy's bike we met before, the older 1100 in the middle and started getting #'s off it. He thought it was the one in the wreck. :rofl::rofl: But don't be fooled that boy can ride the wheels off that old thing. :bowdown:

DSCN7334 (2).jpg

DSCN7336.jpg

DSCN7337.jpg

DSCN7339.jpg

DSCN7346.jpg

DSCN7343.jpg

DSCN7352.jpg

That's no fun bro. Just glad he is ok.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Glad he is ok! Maybe he will learn a good lesson from this if he continues to ride.
Posted via Mobile Device

glad hes ok ive noticed mostly people after they get into a fairly bad wreck they slow down quite a bit

Poor guy. Probably trying to keep up with the "old" guy so his buddies wouldnt poke fun at him. :poke:

Glad hes gonna be okay.

Looks like it faired pretty well considering the wreck.Man I am glad he is ok.Gixxer doesnt automatically mean pro-rider and I wish more people would realize that.

when will noobies learn bike demand respect if you dont give it, they will take it.
glad hes ok though.

second thought: might be a gixxer 1000 for sale soon(slight dmg , only layed down once):rofl:

I bet this happens everyday somewhere.
Could be why when I got rid of a $18,000.00 MC and traded for a 14k $ bike and my insurance went up $15.00 a month...just guessing.

Yeah, hopefully he will learn something from this. And yes first bike!! Sad, but it seems to be the norm a lot nowadays. Young military guys coming home pumped up with a pocket full of money buying a fast bike to try and get the same adrenalin rush as being in combat I guess and just plain going in over their head and getting hurt or worse killed. Bad when you make it thru being shot at and then end up dying doing something that is supposed to be enjoyable. All I can say is hopefully he will not make the same mistake twice, as next time may be the last time.

And no I don't mean anything against the enlisted guys but they say more die from bike accidents now than get killed in action anymore. Need to be safe out there guys, at least the best that you can.

I worked my way up before I got the Busa, I started out on a 2002 Shadow Saber 1100, Rode with my Harley buddies, Then I traded that on a 2000 Heritage Softail, Then got tired of the Harley thing,so I went out and bought me an 06 Katana 600, and found I really liked the sport bike thing, but I was a big guy, so I looked funny on the katana so I traded that in on the Busa, A Fat Boys Crotch Rocket some call it. So Ive been riding now since 2002,and even though I have a bike that can keep up with the best of them, I still ride my own ride, if there are guys riding faster than me, I just find out where were going to stop next and I just meet them there.

I worked my way up before I got the Busa, I started out on a 2002 Shadow Saber 1100, Rode with my Harley buddies, Then I traded that on a 2000 Heritage Softail, Then got tired of the Harley thing,so I went out and bought me an 06 Katana 600, and found I really liked the sport bike thing, but I was a big guy, so I looked funny on the katana so I traded that in on the Busa, A Fat Boys Crotch Rocket some call it. So Ive been riding now since 2002,and even though I have a bike that can keep up with the best of them, I still ride my own ride, if there are guys riding faster than me, I just find out where were going to stop next and I just meet them there.

That's the smart way to do it. If only a lot of others had the same thinking mode maybe there wouldn't be as many downed riders. Anytime we do group rides of course you always have faster guys and the slower ones so we always wait at the next stop sign or turn and wait for group to recollect. That way if anything happens we know it as soon as possible. Because honestly even if the fast guys are hauling azz and the slow guys are creeping even on a 20 mile run if your waiting at the stop more than 5 minutes on average then something has happened or stopped for a reason. And most of the time the stretches aren't quite that long between stops so it's not gonna take long at all for thew slow guys to catch up.

Glad that the guy is okay and hope he has learned a good lesson. Bike is not in that bad of shape. Just needs a new nose piece and speedometer and some paint and she might be okay.

Too bad for the wreck. I learned trying to keep up with a faster rider. Nearly ate it. We all learn by experience. Hope he learns, and is ok.

I was behind a couple slow/riders in a group yesterday, I could sense their hesitation and cautiousness so I backed off, didn't want to follow close and make them feel any pressure. Once stopped I took the spots ahead of them.

Sat or Sunday? I would have like to have gone along maybe.

This was a Nashville meetup ride was it?

How'd ya like that Sabre? I still have my 05. It's pretty much bulletproof. :)

Back