New Truck

Yeah , mine had a dana , and a small block , wasn't ever fast but a ton of fun . I think a truck like yours would be an option for me one day , especially if I sell up and move one day .
I bet yours has grunt bro , and geared real good so it goes well , be very nice and I hope you can now lay plans for a bike of some kind too .:)

It's got 3.55's

Good for you to have a new vehicle, that is a special thing and you got a dandy truck. I like how Ford stayed with their design.

All the new trucks are so similar in performance and capability the only difference is the brand IMHO.

Thanks man, and a coworker bought a new Hemi 8spd Ram 4 door last month, and the tech is similiar.
He's getting 16+mpg driving through twisty country roads full of hills too, which is impressive.
I've just always been a Ford guy.

I got a new toy also, went more old school basic truck, love this thing

20190430_125139_resized.jpg

Thanks man.
I know people that own both, and the 3.5 blows away the 5.0, everywhere.
Torque, towing, mpg.
The only thing the 5.0 has is a loud V8 growl, if you like that. I think the V8 sounds awesome too...in a Mustang. Personally, I don't want a loud truck.
The 3.5 is very quiet, but when you stomp it, it has a little growl of it's only, and it really sounds like a V8, seriously. That only lasts for a couple seconds, then the exhaust goes quiet, you here a faint whistle from the turbos for 2-3 seconds, then everything gets quiet again. By this time you should be amazed that a 7000lb brick is moving so fast.
Tell him to drive both before he buys, or all 3.
The 2.7 ecoboost is supposed to be very strong also, and with the best mpg, but I don't know anyone that has one.

2.7 ecooboost V6
325hp 375 trq

5.0 V8
385 hp 385 trq
real world mpg 12-13 city, 18-21 highway

3.5 ecoboost V6
375hp 470 trq
real world mpg 18-19 city, 23-26 highway

Of course mpg varies by fuel, elavation, driving habits, etc.
But this is what I found and saw personally before buying :beerchug:

While out for a walk, I thought about what you said about not wanting a loud truck this morning.

A neighbour up the way put a muffler eliminator on his Ram and it is obnoxious to say the least...His immediate neighbours are really upset at the noise that thing makes at 0 dark hundred. Sad thing he is a really nice guy but they are ready to lynch him.

There are many loud trucks and tuner cars with the big fart cans around here it seems and they are very obnoxious.

I rarely hear a sport bike winding out, but hear those loud pickups, tuner cars and very loud cruisers all the time around here.

I had thought about putting a good muffler on my Ram but the more I hear loud obnoxious trucks, the more I want mine to stay quiet.

While out for a walk, I thought about what you said about not wanting a loud truck this morning.

A neighbour up the way put a muffler eliminator on his Ram and it is obnoxious to say the least...His immediate neighbours are really upset at the noise that thing makes at 0 dark hundred. Sad thing he is a really nice guy but they are ready to lynch him.

There are many loud trucks and tuner cars with the big fart cans around here it seems and they are very obnoxious.

I rarely hear a sport bike winding out, but hear those loud pickups, tuner cars and very loud cruisers all the time around here.

I had thought about putting a good muffler on my Ram but the more I hear loud obnoxious trucks, the more I want mine to stay quiet.
Best thing is to keep it quiet. Like @sixpack577 mentioned earlier, that sound gets old quick. My 5.0 gt came with flow masters axle-backs from previous owner and it gets annoying on long trips. I want to go back to stock to quiet it down. This thing even comes with a “sound tube” that goes from the air box to the inside for “a better driving experience”. I first saw the tube, while installing some hood struts and was like, where the hell is this tube going?!! Had to google its purpose. Lol!

A friend of mine bought a Chevy Silverado and it is a nice truck I must say. It has lots of great features and he got a good deal on it. Chevy offered a few things I was surprised at-he got a factory lift kit and bigger tires.

He can only wish for the fuel economy I get with my Ram though.

Back