New Truck

Load up a thumb drive with all the music you love. Plug it in to aux usb slot and enjoy :) Bluetooth is also great with spotify premium! 9 bucks a month and holy cow music!

I had never had a full size truck before. I had a full size Bronco and a Ranger, both second hand pass-downs. I was amazed at how quickly I acclimated to the F-150. Even with all the gadgets they are very well designed and not too distracting. You just drive the thing and the stuff works. One thing that takes some getting used to is the lane departure system that will try to nudge you back into your lane. Guess I'm going to have to start using signals all the time!!

The 3.5 is quick. Seems 60 pops up on the dash awful fast. It's like the Digital speedometer goes 10, 20, 60! Found a nice gun safe that goes in the console and still looking for a bed cover.

I had never had a full size truck before. I had a full size Bronco and a Ranger, both second hand pass-downs. I was amazed at how quickly I acclimated to the F-150. Even with all the gadgets they are very well designed and not too distracting. You just drive the thing and the stuff works. One thing that takes some getting used to is the lane departure system that will try to nudge you back into your lane. Guess I'm going to have to start using signals all the time!!

The 3.5 is quick. Seems 60 pops up on the dash awful fast. It's like the Digital speedometer goes 10, 20, 60! Found a nice gun safe that goes in the console and still looking for a bed cover.
with just a canned tune... people are seeing 60 hp increases....

I wanted a Ford again, but wife was set on a gmc. It's been trouble with ECU.
Nice ride six. A reminder to all you Ford owners with all aluminum bodies. If you have a fender bender there are things to know about repairs / tools / shops.

I wanted a Ford again, but wife was set on a gmc. It's been trouble with ECU.
Nice ride six. A reminder to all you Ford owners with all aluminum bodies. If you have a fender bender there are things to know about repairs / tools / shops.

Insurance around here is quite a bit more on the Fords as a result. Nobody around here can fix the panels, they have to be replaced.

2 of my friends have paint issues as well...one is cracking, the other is flaking, both trucks are 2018 so maybe Ford has corrected the issue by now...?

I used to be a die-hard Ford guy...even my lawn tractor was a Ford.....

That is really nice! My brother is looking to buy one as well, still undecided on the 3.5 vs the 5.0 as I have read mixed reviews. I told him 3.5 with a tune and it will haul ass. You got the best one, I love the blacked out look on these! Congrats man!

That is really nice! My brother is looking to buy one as well, still undecided on the 3.5 vs the 5.0 as I have read mixed reviews. I told him 3.5 with a tune and it will haul ass. You got the best one, I love the blacked out look on these! Congrats man!

Thanks man.
I know people that own both, and the 3.5 blows away the 5.0, everywhere.
Torque, towing, mpg.
The only thing the 5.0 has is a loud V8 growl, if you like that. I think the V8 sounds awesome too...in a Mustang. Personally, I don't want a loud truck.
The 3.5 is very quiet, but when you stomp it, it has a little growl of it's only, and it really sounds like a V8, seriously. That only lasts for a couple seconds, then the exhaust goes quiet, you here a faint whistle from the turbos for 2-3 seconds, then everything gets quiet again. By this time you should be amazed that a 7000lb brick is moving so fast.
Tell him to drive both before he buys, or all 3.
The 2.7 ecoboost is supposed to be very strong also, and with the best mpg, but I don't know anyone that has one.

2.7 ecooboost V6
325hp 375 trq

5.0 V8
385 hp 385 trq
real world mpg 12-13 city, 18-21 highway

3.5 ecoboost V6
375hp 470 trq
real world mpg 18-19 city, 23-26 highway

Of course mpg varies by fuel, elavation, driving habits, etc.
But this is what I found and saw personally before buying :beerchug:

Thanks man.
Torque, towing, mpg.
The only thing the 5.0 has is a loud V8 growl, if you like that. I think the V8 sounds awesome too...in a Mustang. Personally, I don't want a loud truck.
The 3.5 is very quiet, but when you stomp it, it has a little growl of it's only, and it really sounds like a V8, seriously. That only lasts for a couple seconds, then the exhaust goes quiet, you here a faint whistle from the turbos for 2-3 seconds, then everything gets quiet again. By this time you should be amazed that a 7000lb brick is moving so fast.
The 2.7 ecoboost is supposed to be very strong also, and with the best mpg, but I don't know anyone that has one.

2.7 ecooboost V6
325hp 375 trq

5.0 V8
385 hp 385 trq

3.5 ecoboost V6
375hp 470 trq

the mustangs 5.0 coyote are 460 hp..... detuned for the truck I guess

Thanks man.
Torque, towing, mpg.

2.7 ecooboost V6
325hp 375 trq

5.0 V8
385 hp 385 trq

3.5 ecoboost V6
375hp 470 trq

To clarify, the 3.5 V6 sounds like a V8 Inside, with the windows up.
Windows down, or outside, definately sounds like a V6, only it whistles..
so you know it aint playin, lol

Good for you to have a new vehicle, that is a special thing and you got a dandy truck. I like how Ford stayed with their design.

All the new trucks are so similar in performance and capability the only difference is the brand IMHO.

Back