New Rider

ktori1300

Registered
Hey guys Im 37 yrs old, 300lbs, and very little experience on any sport bike. Ive been looking now for about a month. Is a BUSA too much to start out with.

If your a mature 37yoa, no it's not to much...If your still working on your maturity then you might not want this bike...Any bike can be a problem but the Busa has so much that temptation often overcomes you and you let her rip...A lot depends on what you are looking for in a bike...  ;)

Busa is a lot of bike,can be smooth and sutle.But can also take you from zero to ohhhhhhhhhhh sh............t in nothing flat.

Do you have any/much experience on a street bike?

If not, for a gentlman of your proportions (No offense), start with a 650 - 750cc. Check out a nighthawk/KZ/bandit type bike to get your feet wet.

Good luck! :super:

Busas are great for taller folks. Im 6-4 230 and I love it. First bike? You have to ask yourself that. Some folks called me crazy for starting on a 1000cc first bike. You just have to use good judgement, and ease into things. Take time to get to know yer machine. I leaned very quick to not flick my right wrist quickly. My .02... Do I think I could have started on a busa for a first bike and be just fine? Yes. but that is me.

It's a bike that can handle someone of your size better than most, but your lack of experience is not good. Hayabusa is not a beginners bike

It's a bike that can handle someone of your size better than most, but your lack of experience is not good. Hayabusa is not a beginners bike

Back