Unbelievable insurance quote

That is diffently a typo. I have statefarm full coverage right above $600 a year. I'm 37 pretty clean record. Statefarm does not go by model only cc's. they can care less what the model is. check them out!

try statefarm,im 36 and mine w/full coverage is only $456 a yr .
biggrin.gif

Hunt NXS: $13K, and you were paying $7-8 bills/yr for your old Busa?
justinsls1camaro: $26K

You guys living on the bad side of Compton or some shid?
rock.gif

Makes the quote I got look good. $3,600/yr 21, living with parents, 3 tickets in 2 years... But I'm in the buckeye (heuck) state.
biggrin.gif

my 26k a year quote was from progressive im 18 3 speeding tickets all in my car and 1 wreck does anyone know where i should go for insurnce

Where ever you go if you have cars or house with Allstate. I would pull em for that insult of a quote.

I'm older than you, single, and in the city in Philly, and mine's less than $700/yr. with State Farm.

If your under 21 i'd hold off on a Busa for financial reasons. Unless you like pay through the ass for insurance. Plus, no 18 yr old kid should be riding anything above a 600. What you think is acceptible to do, isn't, at that age.

You see what i mean in 5-10 years.

State Farm
GJoker (42, no tickets, Full coverage) + Me (38, 1 ticket, full coverage) = $1200 a year

Mines $1,300.00 per year and that's way way too high. Before I bought my busa I got a hard quote from Progressive of $650/year for a GSXR1000 (2006). I did not get a quote for my busa before I bought it since the sales price was only $100 different ... AND Progressive was already covering my '05 Kawi 636 for $450/year.

Was I shocked when ... after i bought my busa I get a bill for $1300/year.

This simply is not right. I don't care what their statistics say. People get killed just as much on 600cc and 1000cc "track" bikes like Gixxer 1000's ... repairs to a busa in the event of a crash has to be less that that for a new 1000cc bike since they've been relatively unchanged for 6 years or so.

I'm really surprised somebody with Suzuki Corporate hasn't looked into this issue with the Insurance companies charging soooooo much for busa. From any standpoint its not right. I'm stuck for this year with Progressive since I had already started paying my premiums for fiscal '06 with my Kawi. (Progressive makes me pay for one year of coverage in the first 4 months ... then no premiums for 8 months ... but those 4 premiums are huge).

Next year either progressive will drop my premiums significantly (assuming I have no wrecks or claims); or I'll take my business elsewhere even if I do have to pay the same with another company ... I did get a Geicco quote after I found out the damage to my bank account that was the same as Progressive. ... and unfortunately SF won't cover me because I don't have my car with them and I had a wreck 4 years ago.

good luck

I'm 36 and have state farm, $710 per year w/a $150 deductable. Good luck shop around. Quoting shortboarder, the bike is definitely worth it, I know mine is.

$13000/year is garbage.. Keep shopping around..

Me...

36y/o  Full coverage  for my 05 Hayabusa..
Consider the fact that I live near Las Vegas..

$58/mo ..... $696 full coverage.. USAA Insurance (I'm a Veteran)

smile.gif
USAA told me they no longer provide new motorcycle insurance policies. I'm assuming you've had motorcycle ins. w/ them for a few years, yes?

Wow! $13K, $26K, unbelievable numbers! It would be cheaper to just get the liability and forgo the collision/comprehensive (if your state or bank allows that). You could replace your bike every year at $13K/yr.

Crazy.

the bike is paid for and as for to young for a busa not all teens act the same i think im just as responsible as an older person i have a 2 year old and im married and have been married for 3 years in december

USAA Full Coverage,

$600 a year, yeah it got lower when I left Florida. I believe USAA as contracted out to Progressive for their Bike insurance. That being the case I would NOT Bother, Progressive is a Joke, if you ever need to file a claim or if you want to insure ANYTHING other than an Image Bike (Cruiser) their rates are pathetic.

Progressive is on my list of all time worst companies on the planet.

Back