Affordable full coverage insurance for Busa??

skater69

Registered
Was thinking about a 'Busa to compliment my GL1800....used to own a CBR1100XX. But my current insurer...Ebikeline, has the 'Busa crossed off their list. Progressive wants 8453.00/yr for full coverage. I pay about 580.00/yr for my Wing full cov. I'm 35, clean record and live in CA. I'd be financing so need full coverage. Anyone have any tips for an affordable insurance co??

Thx,
Howie

Try Ray at Cycle-Time insurance - 310 470 1216. Full coverage is still going to cost $$$, but most anything would be less than the stratospheric Progressive quotes.

State Farm all the way. Just bought a new busa a couple weeks ago. I pay $444 a year full coverage. It could have been $337 a year if I raised my deductables. I am 28. I also carry another bike, two cars, and life ins. through State Farm. So that probably helps keep my rates down. The dealer I bought my bike from said some of the lenders they work with don't require you to carry full coverage. In my situation it wasn't worth doing, as the interest rate was around 18%.

State Farm definatly.. but you will probibly have to put another vehicle on the policy. I had to insure my truck with them also. I pay $55 per month, for the bike.

State Farm. My rate actually went DOWN this last renewal.

--Wag--

MAN! You guys at Progressive are gettin' RIPPED! State Farm is high too, but not near as bad.

USAA ROCKS!!!

If you are militatry, former military or a dependant of someone who was in the military, check out USAA.COM or call them at (800) 531-8111 and sign up.

I pay $50 every 6 months for my 1991 Honda F2 and just got a quote for a new '05 Busa....$200 every 6 months for FULL COVERAGE and zero deductibles, and I also have very high limits for liability, etc! So this is not cheap coverage, it's really good coverage!

So I will say it again....   USAA ROCKS!!!!
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|Nijinsky3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115291542 -->

Insurance totally depends on exactly where you live.  Also what you have to insure. State Farm for me is highier than progressive in CA where I live.  Try State Farm, Auto Club, Geico.  The insurance game doesn't make much sense.

USAA in CA is terrible for me. So as I said you got to call them all.

<!--EDIT|JB Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115291742 -->

Thanks for the replies.....I'll try state farm tomorrow since closed now. I'm not military so that's not an option. My only other "vehicle" would be my gl1800 (who needs a car, when you have a Wing?
beerchug.gif
) ....so I could throw that on the policy if need be.

Um...I live in the LA area in California....so USAA still ROCKS!!

If you are officer or officer dependant, then you do get better rates than enlisted's do...so that may have something to do with why you don't like the rates. (If you were getting the enlisted rates that is)

<!--EDIT|Nijinsky3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115295554 -->

I'm actually doing better at AIG than I was at progressive..

state farm was about 900$ for the busa with low deduc's, and high limits.. with AIG I've got the same limits, and added the 01 ducati monster and am paying a few bucks over $1000..

state farm tried to raise the policy $400 when i added the duc.

State farm quote was about 824/yr full coverage...just a leeeeeeeeeeettle bit less than Progressive. Thanks to all for recommending I call them.

I have GOOD news from the Progressive front...

I had the Harley, $124/year for full coverage...bought the Busa and it soared to $877/year for full coverage...

Hubby just got our newest policy from Progressive...it's dropped to $400/year full coverage on my Busa. I don't know what's happened in the last year, but I'm happy...less than 1/2 what I was paying! Woo hoo!!

cool.gif

Maybe a ticket or two fell off your record? Also, maybe if you didn't have any accidents....

I probably also should have mentioned that I have a clean record, never had an accident, etc. But I was suprised, being a new rider, that it wasn't higher. But I am guessing that they took my record with cars since age 16 into account somewhat when I decided to get the M1.

Another possible factor is that I now have evry endorsement/license that DMV offers (Class A, hazmat, tankers, doubles/triples,air brakes, M1, etc, etc) Don't know if/how that may affect rates.

The gal at the DMV was teasing me last time I renewed my license. When she started gathering up all the tests for the Class A stuff, she joked how I should just get the M1 too and be done with it all! I then handed her my completion cert. from the MSF course I had just finished about 2 weeks before.
tounge.gif
Her jaw hit the floor....then she asked if I was kidding! Even looked at the pic on my license another time to be sure it was me.
biggrin.gif

Maybe a ticket or two fell off your record? Also, maybe if you didn't have any accidents....
I've had one ticket in my life, and that was 12 years ago! Hubby's another story, but that's how he's always been...got the MSF endorsement under my belt, the multiple discounts...etc...

In all honesty, I'm waiting for the letter to come in the mail saying "oops, we screwed up!"
laugh.gif

I'll enjoy it while I can...I would NOT recommend Progressive to Busa owners though...I've heard State Farm is the best, along with some of the companies that cover military members...

Um...I live in the LA area in California....so USAA still ROCKS!!

If you are officer or officer dependant, then you do get better rates than enlisted's do...so that may have something to do with why you don't like the rates. (If you were getting the enlisted rates that is)
actually usaa uses progressive as their motorcycle ensurer. When i tried to get busa insurance thats who they sent me to and they quoted me at 3250 a year in IL. I think being in california isnt helping your insurance either from what ive seen statefarm is the cheapest if you have a vehicle with them

This is new to me....

Called USAA to ask about this and they tell me this: Ca, Mass, Michigan, N. Carolina, N. Jersey, N. Hampshire all go through USAA, but other states USAA does use Progressive to get their rates.

Hmmmm...not sure I like THIS! Glad I am in California. I am wondering why the rates with Progressive are so high and USAA's are low. Is there anyone who is in one of the states NOT listed above that can tell us if they went through USAA and got the quote from progressive and how the rate compared to what I am getting. Well, anyone other than Him that is??

I am thinking maybe I lucked out by being in California with USAA...kinda sounds like if you are not in a listed state, you get the shaft!

<!--EDIT|Nijinsky3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115384116 -->

i think progressives rates are so high becasue theyre showing you the rates of their competators...if there azzes would stop paying people to research fuggin rates they could be cheaper
mad.gif

i think progressives rates are so high becasue theyre showing you the rates of their competators...if there azzes would stop paying people to research fuggin rates they could be cheaper
mad.gif
LOL! Maybe true....
biggrin.gif

All I know is, finally SOMETHING is cheaper in Ca! LOL

Back