Full Coverage Insurance

Mhengst

Registered
I just got my renewal from Allstate for my Full Coverage bike insurance. They upped my rate from approx $1000/year to $1400/year! I was shocked (and Pissed) so I started shopping around. Every other carrier was about the same except AAA. You have to be a member of AAA to get the insurance ( I already am).

AAA came back with $583 for the year with higher limits! I also upgraded my membership to include Motorcycle towing up to 100 miles for $37/year.

Liab Limits 30/60

Comp Ded - $100

Coll Ded - $750

BTW I am in SoCal and Garage the bike.

Allstate was still the lowest for my Cars.

Anyways hope this helps.

I had State Farm for a couple years, but after they raised my rates for no reason I switch to Progressive. I ended up getting the same coverage for 1/2 the price.

If your looking for cheap insurance ride a Harley :laugh: them guys pay like $25 a month......

Sorry to here that. But stuff in california is so rediculously over price. I live in pa and have statefarm full coverage for $325 a year. Id sell my bike in an instance if i was getting ripped off like that.

6 and some change for full coverage 500 deductable State Farms..... I have a clean driving record pays to be a safe law abiding rider :laugh:

Sorry to here that. But stuff in california is so rediculously over price. I live in pa and have statefarm full coverage for $325 a year. Id sell my bike in an instance if i was getting ripped off like that.
Insurance for my bike thru State Farm is the same. I do not have riding weather for 5 months out of the year though. Where you live makes a difference in what you pay. Also, the higher the deductable (risk you take), the lower your insurance.

6 and some change for full coverage 500 deductable State Farms..... I have a clean driving record pays to be a safe law abiding rider :laugh:

I am the same way, as a matter of fact I have not had a ticket in over 15 years. State Farm raised their rates due to "general costs increasing" on me once. I called them and they said it was not normal for it to go up that much and it was an increase across the board. Well, the next billing period came up and the increase was twice what it was before, so I dropped them and went to Progressive for the same coverage at half the cost.

So, just having a clean record for 15 years, being married and being 37 will not get you a good rate all the time with State Farm. I am sure the state figures/costs play into this and that is why I dropped them quick.

I am a law abiding rider, but was not going to sit back and let them screw me.

I use progressive but it ain't full coverage. I think that's like $2800 a year for me.

Interesting. I've done alot of shopping around, and for me, Allstate has everyone beat hands down (including Costco!). They do alot to reward you for having no tickets, own a house, no accidents, etc. I haven't checked AAA though, and I am a member...

holy crap....some of these costs are ridiculous......cost more than owning, maintaining the bike.....we have U.S.A.A., full coverage, and only pay $38 per month, with a $500 deductible, and average a ticket a year (speeding). now this is also with our home insured through them, and 3 other vehicles, etc.....

I pay $226 for a year, that's with State farm, i'm 46 years old, and nothing on my record!

I pay $226 for a year, that's with State farm, i'm 46 years old, and nothing on my record!

I know a lot of it has to do with what state you live in and also by City/County. I use State Farm and I recommend all of my local friends to use them too, but I know that they will not insure motorcycles in Michigan.

I bought my Hayabusa at age 23 with a completely flawless record and I still have it....

Insurance per year - $1405

When I turned 25 last year(now 26)....

Insurance per year - $432

State Farm has been awesome for us..cheapest by far for all the bikes, and even cover my turbo zx14....same rate as a standard 14 too, I just have to keep the reciepts for the value of the turbo system and related parts. And they handled a deer accident my wife had no prob and no rate raise :thumbsup:

State Farm has been awesome for us..cheapest by far for all the bikes, and even cover my turbo zx14....same rate as a standard 14 too, I just have to keep the reciepts for the value of the turbo system and related parts. And they handled a deer accident my wife had no prob and no rate raise :thumbsup:

I agreed with that until this past year when insurance rates for GA were increased twice within a year for non-offenders. I have had a clean record for the past 15 years, age 37 and married and had my insurance rates raised by State Farm because of "trending issues" in the state. So, I dropped State Farm and went to Progressive and am paying 50% of what I paid at State Farm for the same full coverage policy.

As Justin mentioned, it varies by state, not just your personal statistics and the company.

I pay under $400 a year for full coverage with $100 deductibles.. It pays to be old..

ANYONE on here paying over $1000 a year for insurance is foolish. Buy a track bike and do track days for that kind of money. :banghead:

I agreed with that until this past year when insurance rates for GA were increased twice within a year for non-offenders. I have had a clean record for the past 15 years, age 37 and married and had my insurance rates raised by State Farm because of "trending issues" in the state. So, I dropped State Farm and went to Progressive and am paying 50% of what I paid at State Farm for the same full coverage policy.

As Justin mentioned, it varies by state, not just your personal statistics and the company.
Hey man, don't jinx me now :laugh:
I agree tho it does vary.....I'm in Nevada, we have it cheaper here than many.
I did get a $16 a year hike last year on one bike, and an $8 hike on the other. And my agent did mention another "possible" similar rate hike this year...hopefully its truly "similar" if it happens :whistle:

Back