Another Insurance thread..

CDiPrecision

Registered
I have priced out Insurance for my 08 Busa. I have used Allstate for 20 years, and had good luck/reasonable prices. So I called my agent..

for 100/300 Liability, Only coverage was $215 a year.
Add Collision and Comprehensive and whoo, it goes up a ton. With a 500 Ded, they want $1600 a year.

Thats not really horrible, but Im a cheap bastard,lol.. so for laughs I called State Farm.

WOW.. $312 for 6 months($625/Yr) for the same exact full coverage/ded rates. wow, I'm just stunned in the difference. This is just for the bike too, with no multi Vehicle discounts.

Im 37/married no tickets or anything..NSF classes taken.

So looks like state farm for me... even though I hate to support a company that routinely leaves homeowners in a rut when they cancel them unexpectedly here in Florida. (its like they forgot that Florida is a hurricane danger for the last 100 years).

Remember, if you post your rates, add Coverage limit/Details to make comparing worthwhile.

sorry for the language, but I thought it was necessary !
bowdown.gif

Insurance is retarded everywhere....  
pissed.gif

I'm just glad I got a good rate for full coverage with USAA...
super.gif

State Farm is what I have been using for the last 3 years.

Man you guys are lucky!
I just bought a 06 busa in Michigan and Progressive is quoting me 2200 even with 1K deductible! Called a couple more places (waiting for reply from state farm tho) and avg quote is 2500!

I'm 27, 5 yrs on a Katana and a clean record. Anyone have any tips on Michigan insurance? I'm tempted to get just liability @ $500/yr. Makes no sense to me to pay the value of the bike to insurance in 3 yrs!

Who said State farm left folks out in the cold on home owners! Dude you need to get a grip! Allstate is the worst! 20 years with those bastuds and not a claim! So they drop me because of random comp they said! Good for me I found much better Be cause of it! State Farm has my vote on M/C Geico is inchin up with their recoupment crap! They don't even insure homes so how did they loose in the hurricanes! and not from me. Get liability, kill the sucker that try to steal it and make sure they are at fault if you crash.
argue.gif

Quick update.

Got a decent rate from State Farm. 680/yr for Liability and Comprehensive (no collision). I have 6 pts on my license, 4 of which go away in May. Hopefully I can get a better rate then.

It's getting here today, I'll post pics tomorrow.
cool.gif

Full coverage, 300/500k, $250 deductable, 34, no tickets, been with USAA since I could drive(15yrs old), took the class didnt get a discount, put the alarm on...again no discount, bike is something like 196/6months
cool.gif
I also have my avalanche and suburban with them, they are 212 & 232/6months respectively.

these days they won't insure bikes unless you are grandfathered into the program or insure a hellova lotta stuff with them.

BTW, one thing to make sure of is that you list your bike and cars according to your use/milage... since I travel full time and drive rentals 90+% of the year, all of my vehicles are listed as pleasure/weekend with milage of something like 5k. Has definitely made a price difference on the busa, which was about 100/more every 6/months... which still aint bad
beerchug.gif

Back