Unbelievable insurance quote

Hunt NXS

Registered
no, not a typo, gave him the vin #, full coverage for a year through Allstate, $13,000 a yr. I have a clean record, 37 yrs. old, completely sane. I will get it when I get the insurance reasonable. My ins. guy said that is the highest quote he has ever seen for a bike, and he is a rider. Thinking of a diff. bike now.

My 04 Busa LE was around 7-8 a yr.

Thats a Typo. Man I'm not much older than you with a few tickets and Progressive was only (only, holy crap!) $1400 a year for full coverage. Keep shopping man!

holy crap dude!! im 24 and im 398/6 months and have a clean record. i cant wait till im 25 and can do the insurance mod on the bike. they sait its gonna be closer to 300/6 months.
tounge.gif

I can't seem to get full coverage at a decent price anywhere. Allstate won't insure it. I have Foremost $199/year liability only. Everyone else wants $2400 a year plus. 36, 1 accident that will be 3 years old in July.

Don

Geico, online, 15 minutes, 618 a year full coverage, I am 41, clean record

39 years old....clean record.......farmers.........@ 272 a YEAR boys!!! full coverage....$150 deductible.....I love my agent :-)

25 + single + clean record + credit score greater than 650 + MSF + Garage/Scorpio i500

State Farm - Full coverage: $800.00 per year

Collision
Other than collision
Liability
Riding Gear
Towing
$3500.00 in add-ons (exhaust, PCIII etc.)

Largely depends on where the bike is located. It isn't the liability, its the comprehensive (theft etc.) that costs all that money, and the GSXR line is the #1 stolen bike in the land.

Shop around (try the smaller cos.) + you'll find something affordable.

GEICO quoted me 11K a year (37 yrs, clean record, bike is garaged but I live in Los Angeles) Progressive was close to that as well (analysis - we have no interest in insuring your vehicle unless you're actually stupid enough to pay us this amount of money.)
The big guys - the ones who buy all that television ad time and print space saying how they insure motorcycles - dont want to know from a Hayabusa unless you live somewhere in fairyland, where nothing bad ever happens.

$13000/year is garbage.. Keep shopping around..

Me...

36y/o Full coverage for my 05 Hayabusa..
Consider the fact that I live near Las Vegas..

$58/mo ..... $696 full coverage.. USAA Insurance (I'm a Veteran)

smile.gif

usn4unlimited,
Most insurance companies go back 3 years on your driving record. Wait until July when your accident goes off your record and you will be clean. You should be able to get a good quote then.

<!--EDIT|Greg B
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149472277 -->

Back